Fight! Fight! FIA and BAR at the bike racks after school! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Fight! Fight! FIA and BAR at the bike racks after school!

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by hps, May 4, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
  2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Whoa!

I just realized, that BAR will have zippo points after 6 races. Compare that to being WC runner up last year. Brutal.

3. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I finally got to watch the race last night. Incredible race, but sicne it was televised on CBS and didn't include the followup news this is just interesting to hear.

I don't think it will happen. Kicking BAR Honda out of the season is a bit harsh. They've been far more innovative than the majority of the pack, even last year with their traction control...er... I mean..uhh limited slip diff in the front and the CF gearbox. But achievements do not automatically cancel out cheating. I do have to agree though - if you aren't cheating, you aren't trying. It isn't a personal choice, but an observation.

4. JonBrent

JonBrent Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Heaven on Earth
    Full Name:
    JB
    BAR's Official Comment:

FIA APPEAL VERDICT – a statement from the B.A.R Honda team

This is a statement from Nick Fry, Chief Executive Officer of B.A.R Honda in relation to the ruling of the FIA International Court of Appeal, 5 May 2005:

"B.A.R Honda is appalled at the decision of the FIA International Court of Appeal and asserts that the judgement is contrary to all of the evidence heard yesterday. The team proved that it complied with the current regulations and the FIA now acknowledges that the regulations are unclear.

"We repeat that at no time did B.A.R Honda run underweight at the San Marino Grand Prix and this was also unchallenged by the FIA.

"While the International Court of Appeal rejected the FIA's original accusations of fraud and deception, B.A.R Honda says that this penalty is wholly and grossly disproportionate.

"The team is advised by its legal counsel that the judgement is plainly wrong based on the evidence presented and it is currently examining its options."

5. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    They'd be silly to appeal (if they even could). They should just shup up and take it on the chin and use these six weeks to further develop the car.

This statement to me sounds like somebody from Honda Marketing is concerned about their public image. Being accused of fraud is probably worse for them than loosing out on the races. I think they should grow up and get over it. It happened to Benetton, now it happened to BAR, no big deal.

6. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Bad PR can always be... good, not to mention free, PR.

7. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area
    What a pity, they got the reliability and scored points and now they have to sit out, costly mistake. I cannot imagine how they could have proved they were never underweight during the race. Is there real-time telemetry that specifies fuel load?

With BARs exclusion the challenge in the front becomes thin once more. Unless MB can get reliability, and BMW drivers can stop making mistakes.

8. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Red vs. Blue (just like in Halo)

9. Jameel

Jameel Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Canada
    I don’t understand this entire thing. According to the FiA, anybody caught cheating would be suspended. So why didn’t they suspend B.A.R.? Obviously they (FiA) found them guilty of cheating, since they have suspended them from the next 2 races and they’re not counting their San Marino points?

They should either suspend them for the entire season or they shouldn’t have suspended them for just 2 races. It’s either one way or the other.

10. s_eric09

s_eric09 Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    George
    Woohooo!

JV gets 4th place 5 points,

and red bull made it into the points again....

THIS RACE WAS GREAT!! and even when it's over it keeps being exciting LOL

George.

11. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    And Wurz will get a trophy via FEDEX. Is it his first?

12. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Second trophy..
    The other one: 3rd place at the 1997 Silverstone GP with Benetton.

13. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    In the end the FIA have not found them guilty of cheating, they have found that they could have possibly run under weight ... that is two different things.

I will change my views slightly as I think I was looking at this a little too naively and assumed that BAR would not have run that close to being empty ... now ofcourse this is F1 and they probably would :).

I still say go to any other car and completely empty it of fuel, not just empty the tank and a lot MORE fuel will come out of it! Thus the FIA (or my understanding ... and BAR's of the rules) needs to firm up the rules. It is pretty bloody simple from where I sit. If they want the teams to empty the car of fuel then there has to be absolutely NO fuel in the car ... thus we need sight glasses in the fuel lines and injection rails, etc.

Pete

14. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    I watched that race, and I had no idea how the drivers scored.

I knew how they finished on the race track.

But we still don't know how they finished in the courts.

BAR beat up Renault for 2nd last year, and Toyota is running 2nd to Renault this year (with the driver Renault threw away dogging their heels), and "Federation Internationale d'Automobile" is dumping on which teams?

And let's not even get started on the rulings over in WRC (the Peugeot and Citroen show).

Donnez moi un break.

Gak, Ack, Pfffft. Why bother to watch a race, if FIA is going to re-define the results?

Booo, hisss.

All together now: Break-away series! Break-away series!

15. DGS

Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    NOW I get it: It's all about TV rights.

See the F1 race on CBS on Sunday.

See the F1 race replay on SpeedTV a week later.

See the F1 race results -- coming this Fall on CourtTV.
    :mad:

16. s_eric09

s_eric09 Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    George
    lol

17. Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    #67 Anthony_Ferrari, May 6, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    BAR seem to think that they might still be able to compete this weekend.

Assuming their legal challenges fail then they should just spend the next few weeks testing. So far they have done 12 days of the 30 they say they will do. If they are sure that they have been treated unfairly then they may as well spend the next 20 days doing testing so that they can get a 1-2 at Nurburg.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. Anthony_Ferrari

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    #68 Anthony_Ferrari, May 6, 2005
  19. Anthony_Ferrari

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    #69 Anthony_Ferrari, May 6, 2005
  20. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    Sounds like Bernie may have interceded.

21. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles
    puts a different feel to "weekend at bernie's"!!!!

22. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    F1 is for pansies. I want CAN AM brought back :) Now THAT was a man's series. 1600 hp Porsche 917k, Need I say more ?

23. DGS

Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    I can see we're in for a month of jokes about "BAR exams", "the defendant at the BAR", "BAR none but BAR BAR", etc.

I think their web site says it all: BARF1.com :D

F1 - the 19 ring circus.

Hey Bernie, hear that? That's the fat lady singing.

24. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles
    does bernie have a fat tart in the cupboard

25. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Latest rumour has it, that Jenson might never drive the BAR again, but swap seats with Heidfeld starting at the Nuerburgring GP. Interesting, isn't it?