FIA bans traction control. Again! | Page 4 | FerrariChat

FIA bans traction control. Again!

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by GTE, Mar 30, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #76 tifosi12, Apr 3, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The right side pod hosts the PC (GP4, F1 2002, P4 sim, go kart, GTR, GPL) and the left pod a PS 3 (F1 2007, Racing Legends, Dirt and HD Concept eventually).
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    uhh...you need to start racing on a track buddy, pronto lol.

3. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I don't have enough time and money for that, but I do put in some real seat time when there is an opportunity: Go kart racing, Skip Barber, driving 1 on 1, Andretti experience, Petty and F1. And have some more planned going forward.

4. BritBlaster

BritBlaster F1 Rookie

Jul 25, 2005
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Paul

Sorry for the late post
    but Terry -- all you need is a De Lorean with flux capacitor for a quick trip back to the early 80s to visit the turbo-era of F1 :)

5. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Funny when an old thread pops up again.

Until recently I thought that the TC ban will not have much effect based on some tests down with the new ECUs.

However RACER magazine has a brief article about Rosberg doing a test without TC and he said the cars will be a lot harder to control and spin easier. One can hope.

6. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Andreas loving this set up your madder than Mr Mac Mad the winner of a mad comp :)

Er did you buy it where can I get one :)

7. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Thanks. I think. :)

You can't really buy it as I built it. Body is metal and wood, tires and wheels are real. Underneath is a standard racing simulator "jig": One of those metal stands to mount pedals, wheel and seat. But with the body around it, it got additional rigidity, which makes the controls more precise (they don't wander around anymore). Oh and the nose is carbon fibre. "Left over" from an IRL car after the Indy 500. :)

8. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Its ace I want one..well done, best I've got is X box steering wheel and it's harder to drive with it.:)

9. fastback33

fastback33 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2004
    Agree.

Disagree. Carbon ceramic discs are part of the good technology side. I would rather see them there then not. As well they are starting to trickle into the sports car arena.

Disagree. If the FiA unbanned the rear diffuser i think we would see a lot less over body down force, and a lot more advancement on underbody aero. However there I am not 100% sure that the rear diffuser creates dirty air for the car trailing behind it? If that were true i would almost agree with you.

eehhh. I like H pattern gearbox, but i also think paddle shifters are a very cool new techhnology.

Aesthetically i hate seeing a car that is disproportionate. And technically there is a lot more that they can do with out changing the wheel/tire combo they run currently.

No opinion other than as long as they don't move to 4 or 6 cylinder's i am satisfied.

agree.

I think MotoGP is more exciting then anything; besides karting.