FF review by Autocar | FerrariChat

FF review by Autocar

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Cavallini, Mar 25, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    #1 Cavallini, Mar 25, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
    I don't think this has been posted.

http://www.youtube.com/user/autocar#p/u/1/L_FGfcq8pEQ

The car looks stunning. The reviewer says the AWD system detracts from the driver's control but I think he forgot that he could turn most or all of it off.

Forza,

Cavallini

2. Tifosi15

Tifosi15 Formula 3

Jul 15, 2009
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    I too agree that arguing the AWD system detracts is a non issue, in the same way that you CAN have the speedo and nav system displayed on a 458. In CST Off the AWD is disabled and it's 100% RWD.

Having said that:
    http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=318089 ;)

3. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003

Haha, apologies for that gents. He beat me to it. I guess I didn't look hard enough.

Forza,

Cavallini

4. modena1_2003

modena1_2003 F1 Rookie

Aug 17, 2005
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Really uninteresting review.

This guy puts me to sleep in every video.

If the AWD non-issue is all that he came out with to BS about, it sounds like a nice result.

5. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    I thought it was a fairly interesting review, perhaps more bad than I expected, the steering feel and involvement seemingly not being as interactive as one would expect but I will admit it does sound quite nice. Not sold on the looks yet though. ;)

Its going to be interesting to see how sales go in the medium term and whether it will suffer the same huge depreciation that seems to affect every 2+2 Ferrari not to mention the medium term usage issues associated with the four wheel drive system....

6. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    Is it 100% off? I thought I read somewhere it is never 100% off?

If so, that is good news.

7. Tifosi15

Tifosi15 Formula 3

Jul 15, 2009
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    If I remember correctly the hardcore mode (CST-OFF) offers drive to the rear wheels, with little or no intervention of the front wheels

8. oss117

oss117 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2006
    Plantation, Florida
    Full Name:
    Alfredo
    Nice video: love the grin of the front grille, but I am not too crazy about the rear end of the car.
    It would be interesting to find out how the rear seats compare to those of the 612 and 456, for that matter.

9. Aedo

Aedo F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2006
    Perth
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I can't remember where I read it but AFAIK the front wheels are only driven at low speed, never provide more than 30% of power, and are disconnected altogether in the hardcore mode. How it works, as I understand it, is the front wheels are driven by a secondary gearbox at the front of the engine which has two forward gears and reverse (as per Autocar video). This seems to me that it can't be in operation other than in first and second (and maybe third...) so most of the time the FF is really a RWD car.

10. Tifosi15

Tifosi15 Formula 3

Jul 15, 2009
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    Above 125 mph it is completely RWD I know that for sure, the front gearbox only has two gears, of which the highest overlaps 3 & 4th gear. It is easy to cut power to the front wheels, the front gearbox just "dips the clutches"