FF Rental | FerrariChat

FF Rental

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by DavidJames1, Feb 12, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    I'm going to the Ferrari driving school at the end of September with a Thai friend of mine and I presume the new FF should be on Italian roads by then. Does anyone know a good company to rent a Ferrari from for a couple of weeks? Looking for good value and cars in good condition. If the FF is out, that's what I would go for.

David

2. deppi0

deppi0 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Edmondo
    The best car rental company in Europe for nice cars I believe is Elite Rent a Car. I have rented several cars from them over the years from BMW to Ferrari and lots of others. My experience has always been perfect with them. It would be interesting to know if there are, other good ones around

3. Tifosi15

Tifosi15 Formula 3

Jul 15, 2009
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    If the FF is available there is a rental company right across from the factory that offer rentals for 100+ Euro. They might have one available. Others can probably give you better information

4. deppi0

deppi0 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Edmondo
    From what I understand though these companies only rent the cars for a drive with the rental company with you.....not for a couple of weeks like he would like.

5. London John

London John Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2010
    London & Melbourne
    Full Name:
    John
    FWIW, I think the chances of a rental company getting an early delivery FF are zero.

6. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Thanks for the info guys. I checked with Motorsports which, I think is across from the factory and they say they will have one available then at Euro 1,800 per day. A friend of mine is a minor shareholder in Elite (didn't realise that!!) and he tells me they will have an FF then. He always rents from Elite and says there cars are always in great condition. Will see what the deal is closer to the time. There will be four of us - so will be interesting to see if the FF is a good four seater for touring with luggage!!

David

7. Tifosi15

Tifosi15 Formula 3

Jul 15, 2009
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    I missed that he wanted it for a few weeks, you are correct

8. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Well I guess we will see what happens closer to the time. This was the response from Motorsports:

On Feb 14, 2011, at 7:31 PM, Info Motorsportitalia wrote:

Yes you will can rent a new Ferrari FF in september for 10 day at € 1800 at day total 18.000,00 € includes 100km for day extra km cost 2,00€ the insurance include all full kasko but have uncovered for stolen 10% of value car , example 200.000€ 20.000€ uncovered amount for that will need block deposit caution in you credit card .
    I wait .
    Best regard

Nicola Pedretti
    Motorsportitalia srl
    Via Dell industria 11
    Calderara di Reno (Bo)
    +393382797161
    www.motorsportitalia.it

I will get a quote from Elite closer to the time.

David

9. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Interesting thread - none of the sites make clear if the rates include local taxes - approx 20 % - in my experience many 'forget' until the last moment

10. deppi0

deppi0 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Edmondo
    Elite always includes taxes. Unless you plan to drive really a lot you can save quite a bit buy going for the "shopping" package of 150km per day.

Their cars have always been perfect anytime I have rented from them

11. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    +1.
    Their cars are always low mileage,very clean,no signs of abuse.
    In every case I had their rental the car was brand new (less then 2k kilometers).
    The only time I tried someone else (a German outfit in 2001), the car (1998 550) had 60k km,missing 2nd gear synchro,overheated in traffic to St Tropez and the steering wheel was so worn out that the leather was sticky to my hands.

12. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    #12 andrew911, Feb 15, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
    Amazing. This has the be the first time Ferrari announces a car that hasn't even hit the streets yet and people are looking to rent one (like some volume car like a re-vamped Buick Skylark that is sold straight into rental fleets). Then Ferrari goes and names their new race car after a Ford pick up truck (F150). And Fiat's CEO contemplates IPOing Ferrari to raise money (to buy more of Chrysler of all things), but the new investors would only be concerned with profits not retaining the Price of Italy's heratige. These are not good omens...

Sorry I couldn't resist the joking around (or some of it not so much joking :) )

13. Formula 1

Formula 1 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2005
    This ain't no joke!

Could this be the end of Ferrari as we know it or just more publicity to take the eyes off the new McLaren ?

14. Tifosi15

Tifosi15 Formula 3

Jul 15, 2009
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    So excitement for a new car is now a bad thing? You're right, Ferrari is really hurting themselves :rolleyes:

I feel for the Cali guys now, this unending snarkiness really is childish

15. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    Just teasing around (although the IPO thing has me somewhat worried about what they may do that does dilute the brand!)

Regarding "feeling for the Cali guys", I don't feel for anyone who can buy a new ferrari...I don't see why they would feel insulted if folks don't care for the car as much as they do as long as they like the car is all that matters! My other toy parked right next to the ferrari is a volkswagen bug so I'm certainly not one who gives a crap about what people think of the car I drive ;)

16. Tifosi15

Tifosi15 Formula 3

Jul 15, 2009
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    My reaction was probably on the strong side and for that I apologize. It seems that in this section and others people like to continuously bash and pick on this Ferrari and those who like it. I think it was just pent up :eek:

Good point as well ;)