FF rear pads.. | FerrariChat

FF rear pads..

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by a1okac, Jan 16, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. a1okac

a1okac Rookie

Jan 16, 2021
    Nottingham
    Full Name:
    Ali Clark
    Excuse if this has been posted elsewhere before. Is anyone aware of any aftermarket rear pads (ceramic) for the FF or is the only option the Brembos? Also, I’ve heard the rear callipers are the same as the F12 that being the case, does anyone know if the F12 pads (part 070002443) will fit the FF calliper?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    Have you checked Scuderia car parts and Eurospares to see if the FF and F12 part numbers are the same? Eurospares sometimes have used parts in stock if you’re trying to save a bob or two. As for pattern parts, I’m not aware of any but I haven’t done much in-depth research on the subject. Good luck and let us know what you find!

3. a1okac

a1okac Rookie

Jan 16, 2021
    Nottingham
    Full Name:
    Ali Clark
    It’s odd, I’ve checked the part numbers and they are different. Even the Caliper part no’s are different but I’m sure from Brembo they are all the same components. Even comparing the tech diagrams the pad/calipers appear the same though the f12 seems to have more ancillary parts around the braking in addition to the Caliper/pad sets. Only thing I can think is perhaps there is a compound difference but is that even a thing on the ceramics?

Might just be a case of getting hold of these f12 pads and putting them side by side I think! New cost is basically the same, which just makes me think even more so they are the same thing. The thought came about as a friend has a spare set for an f12 he no longer owns, so if it works.. would make sense to save a few quid as my rears are dead

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

4. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    That's probably your best bet.

How many miles did your rear pads last? I've had to replace mine at 19,000 miles which seemed a bit soon but the dealer told me they have a tendency to wear more on the inside and that there was less than 10% thickness left on the inner pads.

5. a1okac

a1okac Rookie

Jan 16, 2021
    Nottingham
    Full Name:
    Ali Clark
    Very similar, just over 20k. From what I understand the traction control uses the rear brakes so they tend to wear much quicker than the fronts which seems back to front but I can see the logic. The thing that worried me was when the dealer told me there is a brass sensor in the pad which if they run too low will knacker the disc. I don’t fancy that

6. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    Yes - my sensor hadn't been triggered but as you say, you don't want to let it get to that stage!

Regarding the traction control using the rear brakes, you and I have clearly not been driving in sport or race mode enough as that's obviously the best way to minimise brake usage :D

otakki likes this.
  7. a1okac

a1okac Rookie

Jan 16, 2021
    Nottingham
    Full Name:
    Ali Clark
    Guilty. Hopefully some better weather around the corner and maybe this next set will last a bit longer, trade off for tyres though

8. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I replaced the 4 of them from eurospares at 35k miles for 1500 pounds. Great deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. a1okac

a1okac Rookie

Jan 16, 2021
    Nottingham
    Full Name:
    Ali Clark
    Just an update but I’ve been told by a reliable source the calipers are dimensionally the same and the pads identical. Apparently the only difference on the f12 caliper is an additional screw hole for a brake duct fastening that the ff doesn’t have. Pads are on the way so I’ll let you know when they are in

350MH83, Nospinzone, ANOpax and 2 others like this.