FF questions | FerrariChat

FF questions

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by ait_z28, Jul 17, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ait_z28

ait_z28 Rookie

Jul 17, 2017
    Hey everyone, previous Ferrari 550 owner (with lots of good and horrible memories) in the market for a used FF.

I found this black 2013 with 25000KM = 15500 Miles for 100k USD (negotiable). Paint condition is poor but manageable, some cigarette burns in the alcantara center console (dealer claims they can replace that easily)

You can find multiple pictures of the car here: Ferrari - Album - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting any comments on the build or specs are welcome.

my questions:

1- Full bumper to bumper warranty ends on October this year, I was offered extended power-train only warranty for 8500 USD per year :$
    I've read many threads here on how these are practical, but how safe will I be paying this tremendous amount?

2- I live in an extremely hot, dry city (desert climate), how does it tolerate heat? I plan to DD it.

3- Dealer bans any aftermarket mods, exhaust etc. I would to increase the exhaust note for the FF as it sounds lovely yet restrained somewhat. Any way to do that without an exhaust?

4- How good is the audio sound system? I understand that this category pays no attention to audio, but how good/bad is it, references if possible.

5- I fired up two FFs in the last couple of days, both had a sound similar to a misfire when the engine first starts up (the first 10 seconds or so from start up when the engine is warming up) the sound was similar to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S-l5cOhefc but was more "bubbly". Normal? it clears out when the revs go down.

6- How good is the in cabin insulation? had lots of cars with big engines, in traffic, some start leaking heat into the cabin causing an uncomfortable feel, early GTR35s and all Gen Vipers for example.

7- How good is the AC, under average load and in traffic?

8- I've seen some forum members have changed their audio headunit. Will this be a simple job or are the Italians still complicating things just for the sake of it :)

I will be adding more questions as I think of any.

Thank you in advance for your replies :)

2. Actualizer

Actualizer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

The standard Audio unit sucks. I am also looking for an upgrade that doesn't disconnect from the central. Duke and steering function.
    Insulation is super. AC is a bit of a gaped but oozing does kick in eventually. Relatively quiet.
    Why not try the stock count for a bit than consider options ? It's. It really that bad.have you got sports exhaust option ?
    Did I say that the Audio system sucks !

Sonicsound likes this.