FF Private Showing | FerrariChat

FF Private Showing

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Scude, Jun 24, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scude

Scude Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Scuderia Ferrari
    Ferrari Newport Beach put on a private showing yesterday. The cocktail party was cool. I'd have to say, the FF looks WAY better in person. I was absolutely disgusted with the car until this point. After seeing it in person, I definitely do not feel the same. The profile angle of the car is what I hated most and I wasn't too disgusted yesterday. HOWEVER, people I met had asked, "so does that mean you're going to order one?"
    With MSRP somewhere around $300K I say absolutely NOT! Yes the technology is great and Yes the AWD can come in handy and really make driving in certain conditions fun and amazing as well. I don't plan on doing a lot of Snow & rain driving so there really isn't any FF incentive for me.
    To those who have made complete judgement, without seeing the FF, wait till you see it in person first. Car looks really really good from certain angles. Others are more bearable than initially thought.
    To those who like the car and may possibly order one, enjoy as it will definitely satisfy in areas that other Fcars may not. AND, you'll definitely float your Ego when you're at the grocery store lugging groceries into a Ferrari, or you open the hatch and let the family dog jump out. Definitely 2 things I've never seen so far.

2. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I can't wait to see one in person.

3. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    What was the overall reaction to it?

4. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    Thank you :)

5. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Thanks for the report. Folks whose judgement I trust that have seen it in person like it, and I like it just from the photos and videos. Look forward to seeing one in person. One of my friends will have one in Santa Fe next year, so I will get to see one for sure then.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

6. Scude

Scude Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Scuderia Ferrari
    From the people I spoke to, very similar reactions. Most had said that it was definitely better in person. I think there was a BMW reference with 9 out of 10 people I spoke with though. I did over hear one person speaking to one of the salesman about getting one ordered.

7. ocr

ocr Karting

Dec 16, 2010
    Huntington Beach Cal
    Full Name:
    Glenn Morrow
    I was at the showing and I liked it. I always thought the 612 was plain looking.This one does stand out and everyone will check it out. Newport Auto always puts out a great event.

8. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    What was the color combination of the car at the event?

9. Scude

Scude Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Scuderia Ferrari
    Argento Nurburgring on Blu medio/scuro (which ever that navy blue color is)

10. Scude

Scude Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Scuderia Ferrari
    Yea, good peoples! Always a pleasure.

11. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    #11 MalibuGuy, Jun 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The color combination of the car that was featured at the Beverly Hills FF event was Grigio Abu Dhabi (one of 6 model specific colors) with Blue interior. It was a Euro model with no door jam stickers.

I wonder if the car you saw was the same?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. 10boom

10boom Karting

Jan 5, 2005
    WA
    #12 10boom, Jun 25, 2011
    I have to thank the guys at Ferrari for giving me an up close and personal look at this thing this past week at the Paris Airshow. Like many others, I wasn't impressed with the pictures, but it does look better in Person. It's actually a bit smaller in person than I imagined though. I was able to crawl around the car pretty extensively and it's nice, but I'm not sure how well it will sell. Probably great for the local Seattle weather with the AWD. I have some video of it driving around the Boeing 787, but I'll have to figure out how to load it up from my phone.

13. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    There's a very similar car going around UK dealers currently and it does indeed look smaller in person

I arrived late so no idea of the cost but the market is as limited as the production I guess - only a few hundred per year so its way less than one per month per dealer

14. Scude

Scude Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Scuderia Ferrari
    Must of have been the Grigio Abu Dhabi then. Most likely the same exact car.

15. PRS29

PRS29 Karting

Dec 5, 2006
    Santa Monica
    Full Name:
    Eilon
    I think its the same car that they had at the Rodeo Drive event about a week ago. Really a beautiful car in the metal. I took some pics, but don't know how to put them up on here....

16. Mark456M

Mark456M Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2008
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Hannaford
    #16 Mark456M, Jun 26, 2011
    I was at the preview at Maranello, Egham today and it is the same car. Much nicer in real life.
    On the road price for this car was GBP255,000.00. There were expressions of intent as well following the viewing. Very comfortable and easy to get in and out of the rear seats. Holds a ton of luggage as well. Great presentation and a great day out. Interesting people and cars there as well. Hats off to Maranello!

17. Gated

Gated Formula 3

Dec 21, 2009
    The styling details on this car look very different from colour to colour. I didn't really notice the pronounced sculpting around the front airdam inlets on the red car until I saw the silver car. I have to say...pozzi and red both look fantastic.

18. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Typical. People can never look at a design without saying, "It looks like so and so.." Complete inability to accept and enjoy the design for itself. But that seems to always be the case with Ferrari. Perhaps it comes with the territory.

It's rather ridiculous with this though because BMW couldn't pull off this design if they had ten years and an unlimited budget.

It has a vague resemblance to the Z4 coupe, I guess.

Thanks for the info.