FF maintenance cost | Page 2 | FerrariChat

FF maintenance cost

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Pinarello, Jan 9, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I would budget $5k a year. This is a little high and you could be quite a bit less but this should be a safe number for maintenance and the occasional replacement wheel and tire.

2. turboslut

turboslut Karting

May 31, 2016
    Now that this is a few years older...how has reliability been on the FF? Any common bugs out there?

3. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    totally fine. 25k miles and its going strong.

4. Pinarello

Pinarello Karting

Sep 20, 2013
    Visalia
    Full Name:
    Roberto Gugig
    I wrote my impressions over 40,000 mikes in mine

5. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    And so ... the real Value is in the Ferrari. The joy.

My 911 GTS is after 13 months barely enough fun anymore to justify the payment. Car was $140, should be $110 tops.

FerrariTexas likes this.
  6. CT Audi Fan

CT Audi Fan Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2011
    PDK or stick?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. jorge da cruz

jorge da cruz Karting

Sep 4, 2015
    Luanda Angola
    Full Name:
    Jorge Da Cruz
    Daily Use

California

FF wil easily cost you .... low low

6/8 000 usd - a year use and maintenance excluding insurance

8. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    6 to 8k a year sounds high. I dont keep track but i wld have said 3 to 4k a year without tires

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Entropy

Entropy Formula 3
    Owner

Jul 10, 2008
    we've had an FF continuously since mid-2012 (a very early 2013 MY).

I actually keep all the records on all of our cars. Thanks to the maintenance plan(s), I have spent a grand total of $0 on maintenance and mechanical repairs (warranty).

Of the 2 cars, I spent $500 a year swapping winter wheels/tires and probably a bit more having our local guru detail/coat it.

I did have to pay $350 to have part of the Xpel repaired after it took a hit.

Across both cars, it's had one issue of needing a warranty "repair" (rearview mirror rain sensor failed, created codes), and a handful of campaigns (eg. airbag recall, front lifter cap, software update, seatbelt handover update).

In comparison, we drop about $1200/year on paid maintenance on our Cayenne TT S.

FerrariTexas likes this.
  10. NoFFear

NoFFear Rookie

Feb 18, 2019
    Full Name:
    NoFFear
    Hows everyone coming along with FF maintenance costs?

Any major issues? Does $5k / year sound about right?

11. timjen88

timjen88 Karting

Aug 20, 2015
    Colorado/Palm Springs
    I've had my '14 for 2 years but $0 out of pocket so far, hope it continues. I do put $3k a year away for anything that does pop up, which is eventually what I spent on my F430 as it aged.

12. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Well the California and the California T are very different cars, but neither of them could hold 4 humans. There is a California T and a FF on my street, and they are very different cars, at least I think they are. Keep one thing in mind, you may be able to buy a FF for 50% off sticker (I am saying this because you are new to the brand), but the cost (should something go wrong) factors for parts and maintaining it are based on a car that may have been over 400K. I would suggest you buy from a Ferrari dealer with a solid reputation and get a well serviced (remember the cheapest car can turn out to be the most expensive one) car with a warranty. You don't want your first Ferrari to end up being your last. Good luck

timjen88 likes this.
  13. TurboDoc

TurboDoc Rookie

Apr 8, 2018
    Full Name:
    BKB
    The cost is less painful than the time it takes to get the car fixed. My FF went to the dealer 6 weeks ago for an electrical fault under warranty. It took 3 weeks to sort out the faulty module, 2 weeks to get the part and I’m now on week 6 for installation and re programming. I knew when I bought the car this is how Ferrari does repairs but in the end I’m guessing 8 weeks for the repair that a German manufacturer would accomplish in 3 days. There are certain aspects of Ferrari ownership that are laughable.

andyrichter likes this.
  14. worldrider

worldrider Rookie

Aug 11, 2022
    Hoping some long-time FF owners can chime in here to update on long term ownership experience and costs.
    I’m selling my Murcielago (gated manual ) and looking to buy my first Fcar.
    I like everything I’ve seen and read about the FF, and that I can take my family along to enjoy the V12 experience.
    I know problems with the PTU can be expensive to resolve, but I can’t tell how common PTU failure is at this point.
    I’ve also heard that the spark plugs should be replaced every few years, and it’s an expensive job because not all of them are easily accessed.
    Can any of you guys comment and verify re: above, along with any other not-so-common issues and costs you’ve been faced with (or heard about through your network)?

Much appreciated, and with any luck I will be joining the club soon!

15. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/ff-ownership-after-6-years.583771/

worldrider likes this.