FF Launch Control Issue-Operation not admissible | FerrariChat

FF Launch Control Issue-Operation not admissible

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by ka50b, Jan 3, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ka50b

ka50b Rookie

Dec 28, 2018
    IRVINE
    Full Name:
    zhiyuan ma
    Hello everyone.
    Recently i was trying to use the "PS" button on my 2014 FF with 29K Miles. However, i studied the procedure of launch control and once i pressed the PS button. It says "operation not admissible" on my left screen. I tried many time and read the post on forum regards this issue. Regardless in manual or automatic mode, the car always displays this message. I checked my service schedule, it just finished the annual service 1 month ago.
    Other than that,everything looks fine, no code, drives good.

Have anyone had this issue before?

2. turboslut

turboslut Karting

May 31, 2016
    Was the vehicle at operating temperature?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. ka50b

ka50b Rookie

Dec 28, 2018
    IRVINE
    Full Name:
    zhiyuan ma
    Yes the car is at operation temperature. I tried many time

4. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    I suppose you did no try with the gearbox in "auto" mode nor a sloping road, since both are to be avoided to use LC according to the owners guide.
    So in short I have no clue why it should not work :(
    Although some sensor failure somewhere could report erroneous information to the system and prevent it to work.

5. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Does the FF have the VDA screen; is it possible the system doesn't think the tires are not yet up to proper temps?

6. ka50b

ka50b Rookie

Dec 28, 2018
    IRVINE
    Full Name:
    zhiyuan ma
    i tried the car in auto/Manual sport/ ESC off, any setting that is possible. Changed all kind of location and road for more than 10 times.
    Tire Pressure is proper and cant find anything else wrong. That is pretty strange.
    Also i do'nt have any other code displayed and i use my scanner and found no obd ii code.

7. ka50b

ka50b Rookie

Dec 28, 2018
    IRVINE
    Full Name:
    zhiyuan ma
    I have driven the car for 20mins and the tire temp issue should not become a factor that affects the LC cause it would already warm up and i am in CA.
    Might need reset the ecu?

8. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I have been surprised that even after 40 minutes of what I would call medium style driving on back roads, my 458 VDA still shows the tires as blue. I really don't know, it is just me thinking of possible reasons for why it won't allow you. I wouldn't touch any of the control systems without the dealer. These things are so complicated now days.

Makuono likes this.
  9. ka50b

ka50b Rookie

Dec 28, 2018
    IRVINE
    Full Name:
    zhiyuan ma
    I will check the Tire color from My VDA, these things are interesting.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  10. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Does an FF have a duel clutch?
    My old 599 had a single clutch and you could only do 3 launch control starts on that clutch so I was told, whereas my F12 had a duel clutch and you could do as many as you like.

11. ka50b

ka50b Rookie

Dec 28, 2018
    IRVINE
    Full Name:
    zhiyuan ma
    FF shares the double Clutch with F12,However,i am not sure what is going on with Mine