FF in different colors? | FerrariChat

FF in different colors?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by El Wayne, Jan 28, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    #1 El Wayne, Jan 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The FF is, without a doubt, "different," so I can understand the immediate negative reaction to its styling. Even so, I like it. Of course, I generally prefer quirky designs, so that's no surprise.

The biggest issue I have with these initial photos, though, is the Rosso Corsa paint. Like other GT Ferraris, the FF will look so much better in dark, conservative colors. Imagine it in Pozzi, Rubino, Vinaccia, or (my personal choice) Canna di Fucile. Any good P-Shoppers want to take a shot at repainting this car?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    #3 El Wayne, Jan 28, 2011
  3. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
  4. docdozer

docdozer Karting

Jun 17, 2009
    Central Maine,
    Full Name:
    Charley
    Pozzi looks good.

5. tanner07

tanner07 Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2004
    Olds, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Tanner Wiberg
    There are some great looks in the post above. I have to say, I do like this car a considerable amount more than either the 456 or the 612. So the new Ferrari 2+2 has a shooting brake roofline; I can get used to it. I give them credit for trying something new and I don't mind the overall styling of the car. Maybe I'm naive.

6. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Must admit that sadly no matter what the colour that frontal styling looks no better...however the intial pictures dont look Rosso Corsa to me...much too maroon.

7. kaamacat

kaamacat Formula 3

Jun 13, 2004
    Cumming GA
    Full Name:
    BobR
    I think with the standard wheels......... if you've ever known or seen a early year 2K BMW zM Coupe with their RoadStar wheels. (That was the first think that came to my mind). I think if Ferrari could alter the wheels, something similar to the pic with the Challenge style (or something like the 458's.....much thinner spokes) that takes away from anything where you get the "Looks like a BMW"....... and obviously its all in the rear quarter section from a side profile.....

It has potential, and I'm sure in-person many will change their initial view of the car. For sure its much nicer than the Panamera. (This is gonna be one of those models where color will play a big part in the car)

8. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I just realized how much the FF wheels resemble the CGT wheels.

9. Masher44

Masher44 F1 World Champ

Jan 15, 2008
    Car is gorgeous. Especially in white

10. B R

B R F1 Rookie

Aug 31, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    B R
    #12 B R, Feb 2, 2011
    I think it's a great looking car, especially from the side, but then again, it makes some sense since I loved my BMW M Coupe, & this car bears a lot of similarities in its lines.

11. IndianDrives

IndianDrives Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 10, 2011
    It's really fabulous pic.

12. migg48

migg48 Karting

Jul 7, 2006
    This car reminds me of the modified 250 GTO known as 'The Bread Van". I saw it several times at club functions in the early 70's. I think it wrecked on one of the Malibu canyon roads, but has long since been rebuilt.