FF Fabspeed Tune? | FerrariChat

FF Fabspeed Tune?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by ArabianOak, Jun 25, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ArabianOak

ArabianOak Karting

Jun 17, 2020
    Saint Charles, IL
    Full Name:
    Abraham
    Has anyone done a fabspeed tune on their FF? I ordered one yesterday and they claim 89hp over stock.

2. ArabianOak

ArabianOak Karting

Jun 17, 2020
    Saint Charles, IL
    Full Name:
    Abraham
  3. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    Que? It not even the same engine? How can that be?

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  4. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

That is rubbish- a N/A engine will not gain that much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. ArabianOak

ArabianOak Karting

Jun 17, 2020
    Saint Charles, IL
    Full Name:
    Abraham
    From looking at the graph it looks like the normal 40hp around 6400 rpm...it’s at redline it makes the 89. Lol. So you’d never feel that.

I’ll report back after I drive it with tune.

6. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    That does seem odd. Only way to know for sure is to do your own dyne and timed runs.

7. ArabianOak

ArabianOak Karting

Jun 17, 2020
    Saint Charles, IL
    Full Name:
    Abraham
    The tuning stuff came today...I had to pull the stock file from the car via the handheld, send that in and then they send me the tune. I will update once I tune it and install the filters as well.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. AhsanU

AhsanU Rookie

Apr 27, 2020
    New York City
    I would never take fabspeed's word on their own tune.

If I were you and had the ability, I'd do my own before and after dynos. Their numbers seem pretty difficult to believe. NA engines don't magically make significantly more power with a plug 'n play tune.

I actually emailed PP Performance with some questions and a desire for an actual dyno proving their numbers for the F12. I don't know about the F12/FF/812/GTC4 engines, but a proper tune on my 991 GT3 yielded me about 30whp on a mustang dyno, verified with a before & after, which seems just about right for an NA engine on a catless exhaust.

Edit: just checked fabspeed's website for the F12 tune. 89whp is absolute bollocks and a laughable claim.

Gh21631 and ArabianOak like this.
  9. ArabianOak

ArabianOak Karting

Jun 17, 2020
    Saint Charles, IL
    Full Name:
    Abraham
    Doesn’t the FF have an exhaust valve that opens at a certain rpm? Is there a way the tuner can keep that open at all times? I’ve done that on some of my other cars.

10. ArabianOak

ArabianOak Karting

Jun 17, 2020
    Saint Charles, IL
    Full Name:
    Abraham
    agreed. I think the graph shows it’s actually around 40rwhp. The 89 is dam near redline which nobody would feel.

11. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    yes you can manually disconnect it. on my car the novitec ECU keeps it open all the time in sport. i can have my car dynoed next time its at Bradan.

ArabianOak likes this.
  12. ArabianOak

ArabianOak Karting

Jun 17, 2020
    Saint Charles, IL
    Full Name:
    Abraham
    loaded the tune a few hours ago...car feels much stronger...I wouldn't say 89rwhp faster though...haha. Maybe around 50rwhp though. Process was easy since they send you a handheld and load the tune without removing the ECU's. I'm pretty happy with what I am feeling initially. It started downpouring so I came home...more testing tomorrow.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

TimboSlice likes this.
  13. Natkingcolebasket69

All tuners do this these days. Standard.

14. Natkingcolebasket69

Yes they can eurocharged did it for me in my tune , Novitec does it too, unsure about fabspeed

ArabianOak likes this.
  15. ArabianOak

ArabianOak Karting

Jun 17, 2020
    Saint Charles, IL
    Full Name:
    Abraham
    Just to update everyone, I spoke with the Fabspeed tuner and he said opening up the exhaust valves too early causes a pretty big decline in low end torque...mine do open sooner now with the new tune bu there not open all the time because of that reason.

16. Natkingcolebasket69

I open mine all the time I see 0 difference except I enjoy the car sound much better; those FF windows are way too thicke

17. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    That is correct, however I do not think that many actually will be able to feel that difference at part throttel.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  18. TimboSlice

TimboSlice Rookie

Jul 22, 2021
    Rotterdam
    Full Name:
    Timothy
    Still happy with the Fabspeed tune? I own an FF myself and am considering this Fabspeed tune after reading your review. Even 50rwhp instead of 89rwhp seems very high compared to other tuners.

Does anyone have an idea on what the improved 0-100 would be with a tune like this on an FF?

19. Natkingcolebasket69

Negligible, it’s more throttle response