FF disable seat belt warning | FerrariChat

FF disable seat belt warning

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by noartist, Sep 25, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. noartist

noartist Rookie

Sep 25, 2012
    I was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction. I cannot stand the sound of the seat belt buzzer. (don't worry, I always buckle up.) I tried unplugging it and I get an airbag fault warning. Please just get that dang buzzer out of my ear.

Thanks,
    Robert

2. Fritz d'Orey

Fritz d'Orey Formula Junior
    Honorary Owner

Aug 22, 2012
    Cascais * Portugal
    Full Name:
    Frederico d'Orey
    The simplest solution is to get only the metal end and plug it in.

3. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
    The simple solution is get in the car, buckle up, THEN turn on the ignition. That is what I do in my FF.

Rick

4. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Formula 3

Oct 24, 2006
    Highway to Hell
    i have begun doing that. although you have to reach because the handler thing doesnt move the belt forward. but small issue, but then....
    when a passenger gets in it beeps again until they buckle up. it is the most amazing noise in the world. actually leaves my ears ringing. ferrari has really screwed up with this noise being way too loud.

anyone have a solution? please?

if i cant figure it out i am going to ask my stereo guy to somehow disconnect it.

5. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
    I noticed the passenger thing this morning when my daughter got in ... yep a pain in the ear.

Rick

6. Corvus

Corvus Rookie

May 10, 2007
    I measured my buzzer at 126 decibels. It's one of the many reasons I don't like the car. I think there is a case for a class action law suit as it is damaging our ears every time a passenger gets in the car while the engine is running. Horrible!

My 458's buzzer is so quiet, I don't notice it at all.

7. London John

London John Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2010
    London & Melbourne
    Full Name:
    John
    Given it's not specced that way on European cars, it's probably straightforward to change it. I get no buzzer until the car is moving and seatbelts aren't on. I believe the seatbelt being in place arms the airbags.

350MH83 likes this.
  8. FFMAC

FFMAC Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mac
    +1. Definitely not an issue on mine either, so must be able to be reset somehow.

And it's certainly not 126 decibels when it does go off either!

9. Corvus

Corvus Rookie

May 10, 2007
    It most certainly is 126 decibels in the States my UK friend. Euro mags haven't complained about the noise, so it's probably a North American thing. Since it's only on the FF not the 458, I think it's Ferrari's way of saying "only very old people buy FFs, and there hearing must failing."

It suck so bad because the buzzer is activated the instant a passengers butt hits the seat. Or the instant the passenger removes the belt in order to leave the car.

This is just another example of Ferrari screwing up the little things on the new cars. I'll keep my old F-cars, and not buy any more new ones. Ferrari and I do not fit together well.

10. Entropy

Entropy Formula 3
    Owner

Jul 10, 2008
    126dB is a bit of an overstatement....that or your dB meter needs calibration.

You can adjust the warning buzzer volume in the left TFT menu; not sure if it includes the seat belts but would assume so. You can lower but not eliminate it.

Hard to hear the buzzer if I start the car with the door open in my garage, the exhaust note is much louder...

11. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Well, it might be a faulty buzzer mate...

12. ForzaFF

ForzaFF Rookie

Oct 3, 2015
    Denver
    I would have to agree that the chime is way over 100 decibels and goes off all the time. I actually find myself making excuses for all of the noise created when I get in the car with a passenger. "It's very safety conscious." "Put your seatbelt on, the car knows what we're about do with it."

13. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    Any solutions to disable it?