FF Dashboard leather - Leatherique | FerrariChat

FF Dashboard leather - Leatherique

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by AVIMAX, Oct 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AVIMAX

AVIMAX Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2014
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I have a 2014 FF that I bought this past summer. The car is in fantastic condition inside and out, only 14,000 kms on the car when I bought it. I decided to put some Leatherique on the dashboard, same as I do with my 550 to keep it from drying out since I use the car a lot and it is often parked in the sun. Today, using the pristine clean to remove the rejuvenator everything was going well until I cleaned off the edge of the dashboard near the a-pillar. It seems the Leatherique has removed a coating. My initial thought was the previous owner had the dash re-dyed, but looking closely at the leather it doesn't appear so, but then again I'm not a leather expert. The stitching around the vent in the same area does not look like it has been dyed. The interior is in such god condition I can't imaging why the dash would have been re-dyed. I know modern leathers have a coating, is it possible this is that coating coming off? The leather underneath is the same colour, but smoother and shinier. Either way, it is certainly disappointing.

Image Unavailable, Please Login