FF Colors | FerrariChat

FF Colors

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by scotte, Aug 13, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. scotte

scotte Rookie

Dec 20, 2004
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #1 scotte, Aug 13, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
    Received a hard cover book from my dealer about the FF. It shows the six specific FF colors.
    One of them being Rosso Maranello (which appears metallic). It then lists the three-layer colors, one of which is Rosso Fuoco. I thought both were 3 layer, but according to the book there not (only Fuoco). What is the difference then between the 2 colors?

2. jm348

jm348 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2007
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff M
    2 layers? :eek:

Sorry, had to do it :D

350MH83 likes this.
  3. Cariad

Cariad Formula Junior

Jan 1, 2006
    Any F1 Circuit
    #3 Cariad, Aug 16, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
    Both Fuoco and Rosso Maranello are triple layer colors. However R Maranello is a launch specific color with Bianco Italia and Blu America which are also triple layer and launch colors which can be ordered code PNTT $18,100. The option book has no price for other triple layer paints currently.
    The other 3 launch colors Grigio FF (confused with Grigio Ferro Met),Grigio Abu Dhabi and Verde British Racing are code PNTN $10,826
    I ordered Colori Anni 50 'E 60' Color Grigio Ferro Met Code PNTC also $10,826. The hard book is slightly misleading as Grigio FF is the launch color not Grigio Ferr Met as illustrated. Some folks believe they are the same color but my Atelier representitive said Grigio FF is slightly lighter. Since no metal sample of Grigio FF was available I went with the certainty of Grigio Ferro Met. A truly fantastic color recently succeessfully used on a GTO

ScottS likes this.
  4. FerrariMC

FerrariMC Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2006
    Allentown, PA Area
    Full Name:
    Mark C
    Cariad,

Ciao. I know we don't know each other, but I always like reading your various posts, because your "dual-status" as both an owner and a very knowledgeable enthusiast, you always teach me something new. Obviously, I'm quite a huge, tifosi, although at 30yrs old, I'm not an owner YET but it's going to happen whether my wife allows it or not. Anyway, I just wondered, when you said the "option book", is that found at your dealer? Or was that something they gave you at the atelier? I'm just anxious to see the FF's "option book", because I already have the brochure. Let me know when you get a chance. Grazie.

Mark

5. Cariad

Cariad Formula Junior

Jan 1, 2006
    Any F1 Circuit
    Mark,
    Thanks for the kind observation. In addition to the hardbook brochure there is an option price list for each market including the USA.It has a code for every available option. Your dealer should have this. There is a color PDF illustrating the options available which is updated periodically. The latest I have is July 2011. It is entitled Programme Carrozeria Scaglietti. It is too large to download to this site. PM an email address and I will send it to you.
    It may take a few days as I am off to Europe this afternoon.

6. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
    I am still thinking rosso corsa for the FF that I hope to order soon, as I love the attention, but do you think too much red?

Rick

7. scotte

scotte Rookie

Dec 20, 2004
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I have a rosso corsa California. I think the FF in red is really nice, but i'm not sure I would want both my cars in red. I was looking at the red 3-layer paint, but for $18,000....so, I would probably pick either the standard blue tdf or the silverstone.

Scott

8. Aedo

Aedo F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2006
    Perth
    Full Name:
    Steve
    IMHO it would be too red... bit bright for a GT car. But if you want red there are several other red options that I feel compliment the FF better, such as Rosso Mugello and Rosso Fiorano... just IMHO :)

9. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
    You are probably right, thanks

Rick

10. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    If i were to order an FF, it would either be in TDF with Cuoio or red leather , or a grigio nurburgring with bordeaux leather.

11. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    I completely agree with both. Or, silver with bordeaux leather.

12. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    You won't regret it. I have Grigio Ferro Met. on my HGTE and loved it from day one. Truly a fantastic colour and will look very good on the FF.

13. lynmark1

lynmark1 Rookie

Aug 9, 2020
    Full Name:
    Mark Hull
    I found a FF in Delray Beach BMW but the dealer doesn't have a build sheet and says can't get it from Ferrari. Where does one go to find out the actual build?