FF and sport exhaust | FerrariChat

FF and sport exhaust

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Georgemaser, Aug 8, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Georgemaser

Georgemaser Karting

Aug 7, 2014
    Michigan
    I am new to this forum as I am thinking about getting a preowned FF. I have found one that has all the options I want but sport exhaust. I was reading somewhere that the factory sport exhaust doesn't sound much louder on the FF and one needs aftermarket exhaust anyway. Is this true? Also, any tips as to buying a preowned FF? Thank you in advance for your comments.

2. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige F1 Veteran

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    The sport exhaust is essentially cosmetic, consisting of a webbed inner exhaust tip mounted within the larger diameter tip. I have heard FFs next to each other with standard and sport exhausts and the difference in sound, if there is any, is too subtle for my ears.

Aftermarket exhausts are a matter of your preference in sound. The FF is very quiet inside the cabin due to extensive sound proofing. Evidently Ferrari wanted to create an ambiance in keeping with the intended use of the car. It was too quiet for my taste so I added the Novitec sport exhaust.

My advice is to disregard the sport exhaust, buy a nice one and see how you like the sound. If you want more, add a good aftermarket system.

3. Entropy

Entropy Formula 3
    Owner

Jul 10, 2008
    Perfect advice. The FF is phenomenal, we love ours. Find the spec you want (i.e. things you can't change...). Swapping the exhaust tips, or even the entire exhaust, is relatively easy.

We had contemplated doing an exhaust upgrade, after hearing a few FF's with a Novitec system (which are not cheap). The rip of the exhaust was great - however we so far have not done it as it's a bit too much for the family. We shall see....

4. FerrariFR33458

FerrariFR33458 Formula 3

Aug 4, 2017
    Wash DC Area
    Full Name:
    FR33
  5. Tubi Sales

Tubi Sales Karting

Jul 5, 2019
    PHX
    If you want something close to OE with a bite Tubi's System for the FF might be the way to go.

6. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Sounds like my car when I start it. I have a switch on underneath of steering hub that makes it quite. Not sure what brand. It came with my 2012 FF

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Tubi Sales likes this.
  7. Tubi Sales

Tubi Sales Karting

Jul 5, 2019
    PHX
    It's most likely our Tubi system that's pre-installed. It's the most OEM-like exhaust with more sound you can possibly get for your Ferrari.

8. cam612

cam612 Karting

Jul 22, 2014
    UK
    This.

Listen to the drive-bys.

I got one.

Edc2104 likes this.
  9. chris0315

chris0315 Karting

Jul 11, 2014
    Richmond, VA + Düsseldorf, Germany
    Full Name:
    Christoph
    anyone experience with X pipe only?

10. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Where did you read that? It is 100% cosmetic. The Capristo X pipe does not really change the volume, but it does change the sound. I think the X and Capristo boxes are a great setup that is not too wild, but adds a little extra fun.

11. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Will that system pass California smog

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

12. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Definitely prefer the Novi and Capriso. The Tubi has a weird fartish sound to my ears, and a bit of the same goes for the one in the vid above the Tubi.

ANOpax likes this.