Ferraris On The Vine Williamsburg winery 2011 | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Ferraris On The Vine Williamsburg winery 2011

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by bighitter2, Mar 1, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. OVERULD

OVERULD Rookie

Aug 10, 2009
    I recognize the gentleman seated on the right in the photo at Post # 13 on page 2: Mr. Jim Wangers, of Pontiac GTO fame. Just curious what his involvment was with the event. I see him at a lot of Pontiac events but didn't know he was a Ferrari fan other than his famous attempt to do a heads-up road test between the 1964 Pontiac GTO and the Ferrari 250 GTO.

Thanks -

2. crinaldi

crinaldi Rookie

May 5, 2010
    #102 crinaldi, Jun 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. OVERULD

OVERULD Rookie

Aug 10, 2009
    Thanks very much for the info. Sounds like the debate will continue and that's part of what makes the car hobby so much fun! By the way, whcih car won at the 2010 event? I'm a staunch Pontiac guy, having owned many of them. I also happen to have a particular fondness for the Ferrari 3X8 as well and continue to search for a suitable candidate to ad to my garage.

Thanks again for the info. Jim Wangers is an iconic figure in the Pontiac hobby and I've had the pleasure of hearing him speak at several events and have enjoyed his books. I'm sure the 2010 event was a treat.