FerrariChat Home Page | Page 6 | FerrariChat

FerrariChat Home Page

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rob lay, Jun 6, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bisel

bisel Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 12, 2012
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Steve Bisel
    Thanks for explanation. That is easier than going to the profile ... look forward to your new version with easier one click.

Steve

2. fedcoin

fedcoin Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 11, 2017
    Impressed with the front license plates. Strongly urge 19 States not requiring a front plate to consider the vanity option.

19 States requiring only the rear license plate:

• Alabama
    • Arkansas
    • Arizona
    • Delaware
    • Florida
    • Georgia
    • Indiana
    • Kansas
    • Kentucky
    • Louisiana
    • Michigan
    • Mississippi
    • New Mexico
    • North Carolina
    • Oklahoma
    • Pennsylvania
    • South Carolina
    • Tennessee
    • West Virginia
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    why in the heck do you post stuff that makes little sense for the thread. stop it.

4. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Hello guys. I have a question. When i open a thread, it directs me to the latest post. How can i change that?

Thank you in advance.

:)

5. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    Since the 'up'grade I have huge problems logging on when using my ipad mini - Laptop is fine but ipad takes min 2 goes, sometimes up to 5 (and sometimes I just say *it) to log in. I click signin ok, but then before I can pull up,the keypad to put in my details, it defaults to the register page...

6. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    It shouldn't have those problems, however you clear cache etc with iPad and then select Stay Logged In when logging in.

7. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    The only way I know is if you aren't saving cookies between sessions, but then you would need to log back in everytime. By default most want to automatically go to last viewed post, if you don't then requires one extra click.

8. kerrari

Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    Sorry, I don't want to 'stay logged in'. Seems to be fixed this morning - log in and register now appear horizontally , before they were stacked vertically, thanks.

9. Chiaroman

Chiaroman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 21, 2004
    New Jersey
    Where are the subscribed forums?
    Also my old shortcuts don't work.

10. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    your subscription expired, but we had bug where we weren't removing your subscription perms until now.

11. smg2

smg2 F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Apr 1, 2004
    Dumpster Fire #31
    Full Name:
    SMG
    Today the ad's have popped up with a vengeance on mobile. Middle of pages, also on bottom. This is on the mobile Android. Any idea why, rather annoying. On avg it's 3 ads on the screen at a time.

12. kerrari

Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    The log in bugs are driving me nuts! Works OK for a couple of days and then back to problems - login page keeps defaulting back to the opening page before you can input anything. This is on ipad; OK on laptop.

13. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Please see this other thread, I also talk to Dave about the sponsor situation. we'll try to get consensus if you see ads or not. I give reason why you may want to see them.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/ferrarichat-network-ad-changeover.581211/

14. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    which page are you logging in from, where does it revert back to?

have you cleared cookies and also adjusted security settings so you save cookies permanently? if you are clearing cookies every session or even daily, it won't save your login of course.

15. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I'm having this issue too, it's sending me to the last post of the thread automatically even if it's the first time I'm viewing that thread. It's weird. The page opens then it pops down to the bottom and I have to scroll back up to the top. Oh, and if it's a little slow loading the whole page it'll pop back down there once the entire page is loaded. It's pretty aggravating.

16. krazykarguy

krazykarguy Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2014
    Fort Mill, SC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Same here. Unread threads (i.e. threads I've never read or opened before) bring me to the last page/last post.

The red arrow button at the bottom right corner that takes you back to the to the top of the page will do so, but it will always jump back down to the first unread post. Sometimes it does it once or twice, and it won't stay at the top until EVERYTHING on the page has loaded. I can sometimes read 2/3 of a first post and it will jump back to the 'first unread post'. Kind of an annoying 'feature'.

"You're going to the last post in this thread, and you're gonna like it."

17. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Yup, that's exactly it.It's annoying. I thought maybe it was a setting I could change, but if it is I can't find it.

18. JohnTz

JohnTz Karting

Jun 21, 2018
    Inverness, IL
    Full Name:
    John Tz
    Why is there a huge arrow at the top of each page that doesnt move..annoying....how can i fix?

19. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    LOL, need to clear browser history and cookies.

20. ME308

ME308 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Michael
    why did both the alert and the conversation function had to move from right (under profile) to left (under 3 lines) ?

the former solution was a lot more intuitive !
    and I would really prefer to see them both back there

21. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I think the right should just be profile controls. All your daily forum activity etc should be from one place, left with the most used and important header outside the menu.

ME308 likes this.
  22. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG
    How do I get the "owner" band attached under my name?

23. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    Just voicing an opinion: I really dislike the new blue NEWS trapezoid floating below the header. It's covering post content I'm trying to read (on mobile) and is just distracting.

If I want to read the news, I'd just use the sidebar menu.

24. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Is the HUGE Miami banner going to stay up there until the event? Not a big deal but, at least on my page it's half a page big.

Also while I'm here bitching I might as well ask again about the popping to the bottom of the page automatically when opening a thread. It's really annoying especially when I'm halfway through reading new responses I haven't seen and it finally finished loading the page and dumps me to the bottom. I looked again thinking it was some setting I might be able to change but if it is I'm not smart enough to find it.

Red 27 likes this.
  25. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    For the last 2 weeks or so I have a HUGE banner ad for the Fchat Miami event.... it shows up every time I go to Fchat
    It is about 6 times larger then any other banner add how do I eliminate or reduce the size of this banner..? or can I

of2worlds, sct4a and Boomhauer like this.