Ferrarichat European Rally III - Scotland 2005 - your invitation | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Ferrarichat European Rally III - Scotland 2005 - your invitation

Discussion in 'Europe' started by hedge, Jan 22, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jonathannealeuk

May 6, 2005
    Falkirk, Scotland
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Neale
    Hi Marc,

Thanks for the PM. Cheque on it's way.

Jonathan

2. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    I am off to Israel for a few days on holiday and won't be logging on, so I will respond to any posts or PM's when I get back.

Have a great week,

Marc.

3. AR!

AR! Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    Since two months I am struggling with the roadholding of my car (therefor my thread in the classic section) without a definite solution for the troubles in sight. Because of these problems I couldn´t solve the issue with my ABS .. .. well, I am afraid I have to wave the white flag. Sadly it seems that I will not be able to participate in this years F-Chat-Ralley .. :-( My apologies ....

4. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    Sorry to hear that. It's getting to be not so much of a European rally as a UK one now.

All good reasons but one by one the original people who wanted this thing organised have pulled out.

Fukcing annoying, I have to tell you.

5. AR!

AR! Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    I feel with you, it´s like preparing a party and then some of the guests don´t come.

And you are preparing an excellent party! I really would have loved to join the show :-(

6. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    and you will be missed. I am not cross with any one individual, and itr will still be fun/have a nice number of participants, it is just a shame that some of the great people who joined in last year cannot make it this time.

Next year in Spain however.....

7. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    #132 hedge, Jul 10, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Calling all participants..not long to go now and I am very excited and looking forward to meeting/seeing you all.

I am in the process of finalising some bits and pieces, and by next weekend should be able to post details of where/when we should all aim to meet, at which point we can start making plans for convoys, etc.

Can't wait until then - fuller details of the itinerary will be discussed once we are sipping whiskey in here:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Gibbsa

Gibbsa Karting

Jul 20, 2004
    Here and there
    Full Name:
    Gibbsa
    #133 Gibbsa, Jul 10, 2005
    We too are thoroughly looking forward Hedge and are waiting eagerly to see when and where people will begin the move northwards. We have one slight challenge (in addition to the Challenge Stradale) and that can be seen in the pictures below :( .

Following strange noises (very strange indeed) and many other indicators to suggest all was not well with the CS 3weeks ago, the word from Italy came - it needs a new engine. I will when I have time, post a fuller thread in the general section describing events as it needs to be shared. With a 10month old car, 10k on the clock - it has been off the road nearly 10weeks so far in its short life...but that's another story.

So, the pressure is now on Maranello (Italy) to get the new engine to Egham, and Maranello (UK), to fit it...test it...and give me back a perfect car. I have assurances that this will be the case. I have everthing but a written piece of paper saying it will be ready by the end of July. They know what is happening and why I need it. I have....faith...(but please, a little prayer wouldn't go amiss).

I will keep you all in the picture.....

9. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    Any thoughts on this yet Marc ?

FYI acpes - Andy, Caroline & Ryan - 456 GT - 3 - (2nd - 7th) has not posted on Fchat since the end of April. I am sure he had some car problems so may be worth an email to confrim attendance.

Cheers Kevan.

10. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    Hi Kevan,

I will post my plans for heading up to Scotland on the 2nd in a few days, and hopefully people will be able to arrange to meet us a points along the route. I don't think anyone is coming from further South (Hertfordshire) than us although I may be wrong. If they are, welcome to stay at our place overnight on the Monday ready for an early start on the 2nd.

Andy has been in touch with me and it is unlikely they will be able to join us after all sadly.

Thanks,

Marc

11. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    It's definately missing something! Hope all is sorted.

12. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    @Gibbsa

Dear Andrew & Nathalie,

what a sad reading and shocking pics :(
    I would love to hear the whole story and the explanation from Ferrari.
    -please start a new thread so we do not hijack Marcs thread-

Or......does it happened on mud-island?
    Maybe the moving from beautiful Switzerland / Lac Leman to the U.K. was such a horrible culture shock for your Stradale that the engine quit the job:D
    ;)

Best & get well soon
    Wolfgang

13. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    Marc

Sorry to hear about Andy - if you have the opportunity please send him my regards.

I am definitely further south as we will be travelling from south east Kent - near Dover in fact !!

So Monday night might definitely be an option we would like to consider.

Cheers

Kevan

14. Gibbsa

Gibbsa Karting

Jul 20, 2004
    Here and there
    Full Name:
    Gibbsa
    oooh, Wolfgang - if only you were coming to Scotland, I would show you the delights of 'mud-island' - but I won't hi-jack, so I'll start a new thread soon for this (and of course to give you the details on the Challenge - I now know why it is called a Challenge!). I also understand that you couldnt possibly keep up (liquid or speed), so best you stay 'safe' over there my friend... :D :D :D

Just to say that we will be setting off early from West London (not far from LHR) on the 4th - happy to come towards landing points for those coming from the continent. I've not done travel times or route yet, but when I have - I'll be divding the times by two and looking forward to testing the new block! (within the limit of course). Trevi - others coming from Euro land, any plans?

15. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    cool, you are most welcome.

16. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Andrew,
    I wish I could drive and join you and all the other gents on the Scotland Rallye :(
    I`m so envious - I can`t.
    I have also missed/passed the Tuscany drive this year.
    Seems like this is not my year?!
    Last year over 15.000km...but this year :(

17. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    you have the makings of my ultimate dream car and the car ferrari should of made get ferrari to fit a 12 cylinder engine in there wow that would be the ultimate ferrari

5.0 FLAT CS

18. Gibbsa

Gibbsa Karting

Jul 20, 2004
    Here and there
    Full Name:
    Gibbsa
    A real, genuine, proper engine - all 8cylinders of it - arrived today. Now being fitted..... :D

Good news I hope will come soon - and we are on for a meet of the straglers and those from Euroville on Wednesday 3rd.....

19. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    good luck hope its fixed in time

20. No_Limit

No_Limit Rookie

Aug 25, 2004
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Hi guys,

For people traveling from Switzerland, 2 TR will start from Lausanne on August 1st.

Trevi what's your plan ?

CU

Alex

PS : Marc, I'm practising in drinking the Scotland water ;-)

21. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    Glad to hear it dude! You still have a couple of weeks to perfect it!

22. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    Less than 2 weeks to go guys and fingers x's all is looking good.

I will be heading off early - probably around 5am - on Tuesday 2nd August, in order to try and avoid some of the rush hour traffic. Anyone who wants to stay at my place and leave with me is very welcome (Hertfordshire based, PM me).

My intention is to get to the venue as early as possible, I would hope to arrive at Fernie Castle in the early afternoon, which gives me plenty of time to make sure the rooms/parking, etc is all sorted, and some time to chill before everyone else arrives.

All those staying at the castle on the 2nd, please make sure you are there no later than about 7.30ish, as you need to check in and freshen up in time for dinner which is booked for 9pm in a private dining area. I think the best plan will be to meet in the bar at 8ish onwards..piccie in one of the posts above!

When you arrive, park at the front to the right of the hotel, where it is an apparently secluded and lit area (look for the other Ferrari's..should give it away!!)

23. Gibbsa

Gibbsa Karting

Jul 20, 2004
    Here and there
    Full Name:
    Gibbsa
    We are in the UK already and, if all goes well with nailing the car back together, we will be travelling from west London on the morning of the 3rd. Happy to meet up with anyone who hits the UK during the day - we are thinking of going up the east coast rather than west, so close to cambridge, york, newcastle etc....happy to meet with anyone with similar ideas/timing and very happy to meet up with the Swiss contingent (Nathalie misses home already and she hasn't even arrived yet!)

Hedge - are you going to publish the final attendee list, would be good to know who's in and out!

Cheers

24. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    #149 hedge, Jul 20, 2005
    Fernie Castle is in a superb location for anyone visiting Scotland. This 450 year old castle can offer all the character of the past with comforts today's visitor expects from a hotel with such high recommendations and awards. Situated in 17 acres of woodlands with it's own loch, there is ample parking space and places to stroll, or just relax.

The aura of the castle is first glimpsed through the wooded drive as one approaches. Once inside, you will be greeted with a cheery open fire and a warm welcome. The Keep Bar and The Wallace Lounge are each directly off the reception hall.

http://www.ferniecastle.demon.co.uk/