FerrariChat.com Official Maserati GranSport Registry | FerrariChat

FerrariChat.com Official Maserati GranSport Registry

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by rob lay, Jun 24, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    #1 rob lay, Jun 24, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2008
    If you are a current or former GranSport owner, please add your username and car info to the Registry. I will update this first post with all additions.

Current FerrariChat.com Owners
    • CPak (current) FL USA - 2005 fuji bianco/black interior w/all options, carbon fiber, etc, yellow calipers.
    • Niteroi (current) Santa Barbara, CA USA - 2005 S/N:14863 Nero Carbonio/Black w/Titanium brake calipers, carbon door mouldings, aluminum under-door mouldings, heated and memory seats, aluminum passenger foot rest, 19" grey mercury rims, skyhook suspension.
    • Rob Lay (06/08 to current) Southlake, TX USA - 2005 S/N:18672 Carbonio/Black w/Hi-Fi, red calipers, CD changer, carbon door moldings, heat/memory seats, polished wheels, Skyhook suspension, carbon wing, xenon lights.
    • maseratifan (current) Sarasota, FL USA - 2006 Bianco Fuji/full black leather w/red calipers, every option you can have.
    • lil squid (09/07 to current) Houston, TX USA - 2006 S/N:22562 Bianco Fuji/Black BrighTex and carbon interior w/auditorium, iPod connector, red calipers, CD changer, heat/memory seats, ballpolished wheels, Skyhook, spare wheel with compressor.
    • wyll01 (03/08 to current) San Francisco, CA USA - 2006 Blu Meditteraneo/Beige w/Carbon interior, Auditorium, heated/memory seats, CD changer, skyhook suspension, xenon lights, Aluminum foot rest, spare wheel with compressor, red calipers, polished wheels.

Former FerrariChat.com Owners
    • TeamF1Jr (12/04 to 12/05) Ohio USA - 2005 S/N:15860 Carbonio/Black w/hi-fi system, aluminum brake calipers, carbon door mouldings, carbon under-door mouldings, heated and memory seats, aluminum passenger foot rest, 19" grey mercury rims, skyhook suspension, spare wheel, xenon lights.

2. lil squid

lil squid F1 Veteran

Dec 3, 2007
    Houston TX
    Full Name:
    Yuliya
    #2 lil squid, Jun 24, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2008
    Yuliya 09/30/07-current, Houston TX - 2006 S/N 22562 Bianco Fuji/Black BrighTex and carbon interior, Auditorium, iPod connector, red calipers, CD changer, heat/memory seats, ballpolished wheels, Skyhook, spare wheel with compressor, other stuff I can't think of now.

3. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    #3 TeamF1Jr, Jun 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Phil (12/04 to 12/05) former owner- 2005 GranSport nero carbonio exterior, black leather w/ grey hi-tech fabric interior, vin #ZAMEC38A450015860, hi-fi system, aluminum brake calipers, carbon door mouldings, carbon under-door mouldings, heated and memory seats, aluminum passenger foot rest, 19" grey mercury rims, skyhook suspension, spare wheel, xenon lights. Purchased at Maserati of Cleveland (the original location of the dealership in Bedford, OH). I was the first Maserati customer at that dealership. Stickered at $112,652 at that time. Traded it in at Nelson Lamborghini to purchase a Gallardo SE. Last I heard, a doctor purchased my Maserati who resides in Dublin, OH. Very, very underrated car, now that she's gone, I miss her. Great buy for the buck these days.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. wyll01

wyll01 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 4, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    wyll (mid march-current), San Francisco, CA - 2006 S/N Blu Meditteraneo/Beige w/ Carbon interior, Auditorium, heated/memory seats, CD changer, skyhook suspension, xenon lights, Aluminum foot rest, spare wheel with compressor, red calipers, polished wheels.

5. Niteroi

Niteroi Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2004
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Del
    2005 Nero Carbonio/Black VIN ZAMEC38A550014863 Titanium brake calipers, carbon door mouldings, aluminum under-door mouldings, heated and memory seats, aluminum passenger foot rest, 19" grey mercury rims, skyhook suspension. Found it on ebay, bought it from 2nd owner in San Antonio, TX with 15,000 miles. Car was at Ferrari of San Antonio for service at the time. PPI done by them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Maseratifan Sarasota, Fl 2006 Bianco Fuji, full black leather, red calipers, every option you can have

7. CPak

CPak Karting

Nov 28, 2006
    S.FLorida
    Full Name:
    Cyrus
    2005 fuji bianco/black interior. all options, carbon fiber, etc, yellow calipers, 13,600 miles. will get further info if necessary.

8. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Cool, thanks for the info. Up to 6 current and 1 previous owners.

9. lil squid

lil squid F1 Veteran

Dec 3, 2007
    Houston TX
    Full Name:
    Yuliya
    I have a feeling that Rob buying a Maserati is the best thing that has happened to Maserati online community in a while :D

10. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Ha, I've always liked Maserati, especially something like a 3500 is one of my all time favorite cars. I remember when the GranSports were first coming out how impressed I was and how out of reach a $116k MSRP was. :) I'll never sell the 328 or 355 C, but likely I will eventually sell the GranSport. 456 was on my list before GranSport, but now I would say I'm eyeing the 612. Regardless, this will be a great experience as I learn more about Maserati and especially F1 shifting! :D I still can't believe how much car it is for the money.

11. CPak

CPak Karting

Nov 28, 2006
    S.FLorida
    Full Name:
    Cyrus
    i would get rid of the 355 before the gransport! 328 is a keeper too. there's not too many on the road like the gransport...yes, i'm bias but i felt this before i got mine.

12. lil squid

lil squid F1 Veteran

Dec 3, 2007
    Houston TX
    Full Name:
    Yuliya
    Rob, we have also been eying 612 (there was a very well-priced one at FOH last week, probably still there) but it may be some time before we pull the trigger (with a 2-car garage and 4 cars, space is at a premium right now). I gave Andy two options - he can trade his 550 for the 612 OR he can trade my GS for 612 and I'll be glad drive the Scaglietti to work every day instead.. for some funny reason he looked at me like I've gone completely mad LOL

I agree with Cyrus though, I have no plans to sell GS, there are very few good examples around and more and more people lusting for them as the value is incredible. It is the last one of the approachable Maseratis with the Ferrari "heart" - besides, doesn't the 11th commandment state that thou shalt at all times have a Ferrari V8 in your garage to go with the 12? :D Even if it means that we have to buy a new house with a bigger garage just to get the Scaglietti! (This is probably the only place on earth where the previous statement actually made any kind of practical sense.. LOL)

13. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    LOL, my problem is there are now 3 of those 8's in my garage and no 12!!! Oh my, Enzo rolling in his grave banable offense from FerrariChat. :D

14. Ducati

Ducati Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Hi Rob, 2006 Gransport, 22,000 miles Car has been perfect from new. Every day driver, Grigio Nuvolari, Cuoio Interior Black fabric inserts. Rear sensors, grey mercury wheels, Yellow calipers, Zenon lights, skyhook suspension. Just changed to Bridgestone RE01R tires. Understeer is gone. Slightly rougher ride and am running at 30 PSI. Great car and tremendous value for the money IMO.

Ducati in Southern California

15. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    Who is Andy???

16. lil squid

lil squid F1 Veteran

Dec 3, 2007
    Houston TX
    Full Name:
    Yuliya
    My husband of course. I stopped asking whether he loves that 550 more than me because it has become a rhetorical question.

17. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Ha, when I told Jennie she was #2 long ago she knew how much of a compliment that really was. :D;):D

18. jpmondalek

jpmondalek Rookie

Mar 27, 2009
    #18 jpmondalek, Jul 7, 2009
    Added mine

19. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    very nice! congrats, kick ass car isn't it.

20. SpyderGT

SpyderGT Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    Full Name:
    Jon
    So Rob, can I be an "associate" member of your Gran Sport club, given I only have a regular run-of-the-mill 04 Spyder? Jon

21. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    hey you are already in the FerrariChat club, the FerrariChat.com Maserati Club, and now you want to join the GranSport club? :) I think you should start a Spyder Club and not let me in. :D

22. paunch

paunch Rookie

Apr 13, 2006
    #22 paunch, Jul 8, 2009
  23. SpyderGT

SpyderGT Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Sounds fair!
    Jon

24. lil squid

lil squid F1 Veteran

Dec 3, 2007
    Houston TX
    Full Name:
    Yuliya
    Beautiful MC Victory, excellent choice! Subtle color shows off the shape very nicely.. Welcome :)

25. jpmondalek

jpmondalek Rookie

Mar 27, 2009
    Love her!

Getting Fabspeed secondary cat bypass pipes fitted.

Will let you guys know how it goes.