Ferrari Torrance Dealership??!!! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Torrance Dealership??!!!

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Easy888, Feb 21, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PVEferrari

PVEferrari Formula Junior

Ditto.

2. Jaguar 15

Jaguar 15 Formula 3

Mar 27, 2013
    Hunt. Bch/Palm Dsrt/Virginia
    Full Name:
    Jim Crawford
    Time will tell...I'll stick to my thoughts.

I'm around the area very often...I may even know you fatbillybob...many freinds/brother still up there from PV to Manhattan. Many freinds live from the Strand, next to Terranea and "behind the gates". A couple of years ago my neice was Ms. Teen Palos Verdes. Wealthy Asians have been up there for many years, nothing new. Many people, I agree like you say, grew up there, love it and later buy there...never leave.

Let's see how many F-Cars show on the 6th for C&C in PV...

Again, I wish them well....

3. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    I remember when Ferrari North America moved in to Sylvan Ave in Englewood Cliffs, we said there goes the neighborhood....
    Have to admit it was better then Renault

:)

4. PINNIN512

PINNIN512 Formula 3

Aug 30, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    David

Ha Ha ... Early 80s Ferrari had there parts ditribution center located just off the 91 Frwy
    and S.Central blvd. Compton - later moved to Cypress on Katella Ave.

5. Easy888

Easy888 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2006
    CA, NV
    Full Name:
    Jim
    On another note, I just caught this article on the transformation of Del Amo Mall over the next 21 months.

It looks incredible!!!

For anyone who lives in the South Bay or has been to Del Amo Mall in the last few years knows that the place was in need of a rejuvenation quite badly.

With what the video from the article shows, it will most likely become the new anchor of Torrance attracting people from afar. I think it has the potential to capture a lot of the crowd from the 405S and 405N areas, whereas admittedly I would have gone to B.Hills or South Coast Plaza, I think if this is done right, Del Amo will be the place to go instead.

Best of luck to Del Amo! (Traffic will suck balls around X-mas though, that's for sure)

Del Amo Fashion Center shopping mall to see transformation - The Daily Breeze

6. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Doomsday profits have been talking down hawthorne blvd for years blaming recession no jobs etc. But the reality is there are all kinds of new building projects on HB. The real problem is not that there are a lack of business, buyers, or builders. The problem is that the land owners are holding fast for top dollar+ for the land because these have been owned and paid for long ago and the deep pocket owners can afford to leave them vacant. The old surprise store for example has been vacant for about a decade yet the woman who owns it basically does not care to deal with anyone. Many have tried.

7. Easy888

Easy888 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2006
    CA, NV
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Agreed. But in time......

8. LOTUS1

LOTUS1 Karting

Jul 28, 2005
    Rancho Mirage
    Although a wee bit off topic but not by much, I see the correlation. Bottom line, the South Bay area, regardless of people's opinion, is vastly increasing in popularity but more importantly, in wealth. The economy has redefine the scales of the norm and a Ferrari/Maserati dealership can only help the cause regardless the outcome. All that said, I drove by the said location which I still don't believe as there's nothing started there yet. Am I looking at the right place? I don't see anything resembling a dealership. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place? Isn't it suppose to be North of Lomita BL on Hawthorne BL?

9. MrOrganic

MrOrganic Karting

Jun 28, 2013
    Hermosa Beach,Ca
    Full Name:
    R

Amazing shop & Great crew!!

Can't wait to get a lambo & work with these guys! :)

10. MrOrganic

MrOrganic Karting

Jun 28, 2013
    Hermosa Beach,Ca
    Full Name:
    R
    I have a rental home in Hermosa beach & going to buy a LAMBO.

There is a mindset in the southbay of "We have $, but were not gonna pay stupid Bev Hills prices"

11. LOTUS1

LOTUS1 Karting

Jul 28, 2005
    Rancho Mirage
    I drove up and down Hawthorne Bl. between PCH and Sepulveda but couldn't find the location. I read somewhere it was suppose to be where the old Hawaiian restaurant was, the Loft? Still couldn't find it...

12. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

I thought it was going to be Martin Chevrolet. There's a lot of construction going on at that dealership but no signs that they are moving out or shutting down.

13. LOTUS1

LOTUS1 Karting

Jul 28, 2005
    Rancho Mirage
    I believe Martin Chevrolet is doing renovation since is very out dated but there were other sites but no mention of Ferrari. Here's a link to the Daily Breeze back in Feb.

New Ferrari and Maserati car dealership slated to open in Torrance - The Daily Breeze

14. PVEferrari

Yes, it will be built on where the old Loft Hawaiian Restaurant was on the West side of Hawthorne Bl. between Lomita Bl. & Skypark Dr., the old bldg has been demolished and fenced off w/green chain link fences now. You can't miss it, it's between FedEx Offices &
    El Torito Restaurant. Martin Chevrolet is doing some renovations w/c is just South from it.

15. LOTUS1

LOTUS1 Karting

Jul 28, 2005
    Rancho Mirage
    I see now, I know exactly where is at now...looks kinda small and I don't see them up and running by Dec. but who knows Thanks for the info tho

16. PVEferrari

I heard it'll be a two-story bldg.

17. Easy888

Easy888 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2006
    CA, NV
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Agree with this completely. It's not about flash in the South Bay. More of a laid back "beach lifestyle" and not so much "keeping up with the Jones", regardless of wealth.

18. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I bet they sell more Masers than F of BH. Same people but I think the SB wants more Masers if they can get factory service there. West LA is just too far away.

They picked a great spot for PV. And, you can drive like crazy on a test drive down Skypark past Torrance airport.

I think they will do well. Long overdue.

19. PVEferrari

To TheMayor,
    watch out for motorcycle Torrance PD behind the bushes/trees on Skypark Drive....

20. Clint Beastwood

May 20, 2014
    Any updates on this Torrance dealership? I own a Maserati, live in Torrance, and work within a stone's throw of the projected site on Hawthorne. Sure would be nice getting my ride serviced and ready for pickup on my way home.

21. PVEferrari

The latest news I heard is around October of this year.

Btw, welcome to the F-chat!

22. DoctorWill

DoctorWill Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2010
    Playa Vista
    Full Name:
    Will
    I am excited. It's right by our office on Hawthorne! I wonder who will run the service department?

23. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward

Exciting!
    Right near hometown PV!
    Charles you must be loving it.

Sent from my 16M

24. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    I hope they have a cool grand opening and we all get to play.

25. PVEferrari

Yes Eddie, I'm excited to have Ferrari of Southbay near my hometown. :)