Ferrari to Vettel: how about $138 million? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Ferrari to Vettel: how about $138 million?

Discussion in 'F1' started by TheMayor, Jul 20, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    +1 finally someone that agrees.

Kimi has been pretty damn close to Vettel last 2 seasons.

That said if anyone has to replace Kimi it has to be Ricciardo. But since he's not going anywhere for 2018, that's that.

2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I know of another case where a guy got caught speeding, significant fine (into 6 figures if memory serves, car taken off him (Mercedes SLS so 200K worth at the time) and I *think* jail time of 4 months.

3. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I must say i would like to know switzerland..and i probably will, but i doubt i will ever drive around there, i'm pretty sure i would end in jail..i never, ever drive without speeding..only if i have trafic ahead...even when i just cruise around i normaly drive faster than the limit, good thing i have a sharp eye and usualy know or see the radars in time to slow down!

4. Claudia65

Claudia65 Karting

Mar 29, 2017
    Switzerland
    the problem is....its really effictive...before we moved here from Germany i had usually more than one ticket a year..and since we live here not a single one...and your eye needs to be really sharp here..there was a statistic published about the amount of radar devices in each Kanton and how much money they make..and our Kanton which is the smallest, only 11 towns with together not much more than 120 k people living here...owns 79 radar devices (mobile and stationary....i think Zurich has nearly 200....so you cant really rely on your sharp eye...;-)

5. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Thats why i couldn't drive there, i would be constantly looking at my speed and i would get so distracted by it i would surely crash into something!!! Why is there such a panoia agaisnt cars and drivers in switzerland!?
    I remenber a few years ago i went to germany and i was driving a rental (it was a polo, almost new)...when i picked it up it was barely passing 120km/h..after a while it was doing a lot faster..lolo, i was in the motorway when i noticed a police car "it was actualy a stationwagen" right on my tail....i slowed down and they kep on my tail for some 10 km...after that, they puled by my side, gave me a serious look and took off!! That was all the incentive i neede not to speed..by much!

6. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    ....here they do the oposite, police have disguised cars, like BMws or audis and they will stick to your back trying to make you accelerate so they can fine you!!!

7. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
  8. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    i guess he doesn't need the money taht bad!!

9. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    I can imagine he is waiting to see if:

Bottas stays

Kimi stays

He has a small army of lawyers supporting him,dont be fooled by the 'he manages himself' comments.

10. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    it's a good deal given the progress they've made under him. I would wait to make the offer once he secures them a WDC.

11. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    One has nothing to do with the other...you can negotiate your contract on your own but you would be stupid to sign a contract not checked for every eventuality by your lawyers! It is not like this is a contract written on one page like "xyz drives for us for x years and gets xxx million dollar, date and signed..."

12. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
  13. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Australia is a one trick country as well ..... my license is always hanging in the balance :(

It just dropped off my list all together !!

Good man !!!!

I have lost my license a few times , all speeding fines - accrual of points but no real serious speed :eek:

I use to be able to spot the cops and radars but it's all very clandestine here now to the point I'm even thinking of selling the 355CH as it's a stupidly fast car for this country that nails you for 6 or 7 kms over the limit.

Having said that my innocuous Lexus gets more fines (says more about the driver than the car :eek: )

I DON'T know how people remain inside the speed limit ..... I can only do it when I'm riding a push bike after I lose my license :(

14. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    If you think you have it bad in Australia, consider Jersey.

I am talking about Jersey Island, a British tax heaven on the coast of Normandy, near France.

It's a small island where the speed limit is 30mph on any road! And it's strictly enforced as well.

Since that country, with its generous tax system attracts rich folks, billionaires, and celebrities, there is a large number of luxury, GTs and supercars on the island, in proportion to its population.

It's funny to watch Ferraris and Lamborghinis running slowly for miles in the countryside in FIRST GEAR !! The guys' only pleasure is the roar of the engine.

To me, it's proof that speed limit is no deterrent for lovers of luxury cars.