Ferrari to Vettel: how about $138 million? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Ferrari to Vettel: how about $138 million?

Discussion in 'F1' started by TheMayor, Jul 20, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    He is not available, I never understood why everyone loves Frank, he treated all of his drivers poorly, pushed Mansell, Prost and Hill out the door after they won championships for him.

2. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Don't think so or he would be already at Ferrari.

3. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    I like Seb but this is definitely true.

4. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Still no problem, there are other capable guys out there. Actually, right now I wouldn't be interested in Newey, now he's more involved in other things than in F1. I'd hire Mercedes crew to get their know-how.

5. chipbiii

chipbiii F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 26, 2008
    SC
    Full Name:
    chipb
    I enjoyed talking to both Vettel and Kimi at the Daytona Finale Mondiali dinner and I really admire these guys, but that bumping incident at the Azerbaijan Grand Prix was unforgivable. He should have been forced to give millions back to Ferrari. How bush league.

Still like 'em though. ;)

6. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    There's a fine line between restraint of one's emotions and letting someone know that you're not going to take any s*** from anyone.

7. Tifosi Ferrari

Tifosi Ferrari Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2017
    It wasn't money that didn't work. The biggest mistake that Ferrari that made that slipped him off from going to Ferrari was Ferrari not taking Newey seriously.

8. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Anyone else have a feeling Rosberg will drive for Ferrari? You heard it here first

9. vinuneuro

vinuneuro F1 Rookie

May 6, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Vig
    Perhaps, but being able to drive anything fast easily is one of the hallmarks of a truly great driver. I remember when Ross Brawn said that MSC wasn't so setup sensitive (not to be confused with providing inadequate feedback), that he could cope with whatever he had.

10. Sig. Roma

Sig. Roma Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2007
    Bella Italia
    Full Name:
    Dom T.
    A potentially distant cousin is a priest in the Maranello parish, and he has contact with numerous Ferrari employees. He did say that the F1 team has a very positive tension and the team is working well together. Mr. Sweater knows how to apply pressure to his top guys. They know what they have to do.

11. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Some adapt easily, some don't.

You can draw your conclusion.

12. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    +1

I am glad I am not the only one to have the same opinion about Frank Williams.

I never liked the man; far more Machiavellian than Ron Dennis in my book.

FW treats his driver absolutely like ****.

I remember Mark Webber and Ralph Schumacher opening up in an interview and talking about their experience at Williams at the time.

13. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    He already refused 20m per season a couple of years ago. Red Bull I think basically matched Ferrari's offer, and Newey didn't want to go in any case because he didn't want to live in Italy (can't blame him) and couldn't set up an outside office.
    You mean half the guys Ferrari sacked? ;)

14. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    Who's worth more and what? Elton $150 M for 3 years (he doesn't really have to try hard given that they provide him with a fast car) or Seb $138 M for 3 years (he has to work hard in and out the track in order to improve the car and get good results)

15. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    So Ferrari should ditch Vettel because Red Bull get better value for their money with Max? - How does that work? :confused:

And Ricciardo wouldn't let Hamilton in the much faster Mercedes pass him in Austria - Based on that and what your saying, I can only assume you think Mercedes should ditch Hamilton? :confused:

16. Claudia65

Claudia65 Karting

Mar 29, 2017
    Switzerland
    well with no real manager and less than 20 % income-tax where he lives, he should be ok...:)

17. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    He'll have a tax deal in place, I doubt he pays even 5%

18. Claudia65

Claudia65 Karting

Mar 29, 2017
    Switzerland
    i live in the Kanton where Seb lived during his Toro Rosso time and where Kimi lives now and taxes here arrent something you could complain about...dont know how it is where Seb lives now when it comes to negotiating your taxes..but in general the times of the Mr IKEA deals are over ;-)

19. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    You'll know more about it than me, each time I contemplate a Swiss move I realize how much more I'd spend on speeding fines and how many months I'd have to be without a license so give up halfway through my tax research :D :D :D

20. Claudia65

Claudia65 Karting

Mar 29, 2017
    Switzerland
    Haha, dont worry its not that much, if you go quick enough they dont just take your money and license, they take your car as well...:) :)
    and it`s not Months..its years...also depending on how fast you went...either years without license or years in prison..haha

21. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Haha yep...Friend of mine drives....somewhat enthusiastic lets say with his Ferrari's throughout Europe. Swiss is the only country he sticks to the limit religiously :D

22. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Oh jeez Switzerland use to be in my top 3000 places to visit list
    Know it's behind Somalia :D

23. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Is Switzerland another country where the road fines are fixed in proportion to your income?

That's apparently the case in Sweden, where you can collect huge speeding fines; I read about someone getting a £16,000 ticket!!!

24. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    I'd like to see the Kimi/Vettel continue.

Good car development seems to follow Kimi wherever he goes.

Vettel has the super alpha mindset for WDC battles.

Good paring.

25. Claudia65

Claudia65 Karting

Mar 29, 2017
    Switzerland
    kind of yes...there was something in the newspaper not long ago..a guy near Lucerne got a 170 000 CHF fine or something...and they can confiscade your car....so...in and around towns you shouldnt speed at all....even on mountain-passes you need to be careful....but hey its not far to Germany and Italy....;-)