Ferrari Sightings | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Sightings

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Cheetah, Feb 19, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. The Zapper

The Zapper Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2004
    Munich
    A XJ 220? Cool. I've never seen one on the road. Too bad you couldn't follow it.

2. phong69

phong69 Karting

Aug 17, 2004
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    Phong Nguyen
    No, but if you have seen/ heard a LOUD 97 blue and white Viper GTS with a superchager whine... that's also me.

3. 360 Spyder

360 Spyder Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Near the Cows....
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Yeah...that's the ticket...an XJ 220...not a XJ 200. ;) (Dang sleep deprived postings again...)

4. 360 Spyder

Feb 7, 2004
    Near the Cows....
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Yesterday as I was leaving work...a very dark green Aston Martin.

Two days ago out in Cary...a dark silver Lotus Elise.

This morning on my way home from work...that Bently GT in Chapel Hill again.

Time for sleep before work.

5. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric

I've seen both the Lotus and the Aston around the Triangle. The Lotus belongs to the eye doctor that works at Sears Eye Center at Crabtree Mall. No, I didn't stalk him, I worked at the mall for a while as well. ;)

6. bruceski3

bruceski3 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    East TN
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    I was up at Foreign Cars Italia on Friday looking at a ES 300 for sale in the parking lot. I spotted a Silver 360 backing up and noticed Rob (eclipse185) was in the car. Talked to him and his wife a bit and then headed on home.

7. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

I saw a red 348ts and a 328 in my rear view mirror today. ;)

8. resnow

resnow Formula Junior

May 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bob Snow
    Very unusual. We won't let it happen again.

How was the drive up 98?

9. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

NC89 :)

The first 20 miles were "off the hook". Those FCI dudes can drive like nuts... I was the lead car, and the twin-turbo Z driven by Mark was really holding it's own. He had good acceleration, but couldn't touch me in the curves. Somewhere around Franscico we caught up with Farmer Bob who blocked us all the way to Mt. Airy. I peeled back home while the others headed toward the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Next time you see 86426, I really hope to have the carbon fiber top fitted.

Luca and Mrs. JRR helped me wash the car when I got home... and we plotted the idea of an NC FCA Holiday Party. We're thinking: black tie, fancy italian cuisine, expensive wine, Tiffany silver. Or, if that fails, maybe we'll just hit Allen & Sons BBQ shack outside of Chapel Hill. Actually... I'm thinking it's be a snap to organize. Which of these makes the most sense:

- Angus Barn (Raleigh)
    - Grandover (Greensboro)
    - Fearrington (Pittsboro)
    - Graylyn (Winston Salem)
    - Bermuda Run (Clemmons)
    - Chateau JRR (center of the Universe)

Thoughts? PM me.

-d

10. Santini

Santini Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2003
    North Carolina
    Not Ferraris but spotted two Lotus Espirits this afternoon. One, a black '80-something, on I40W near RTP. Turned my radio down to have a listen to the exhaust note and it didn't sound too good. The driver didn't look too happy; maybe the car wasn't running right.

The other, a blue '78, parked right next to me in Chapel Hill. I commented to the older couple who got out of the car how rare it is to see two Lotus' in one day. She said, "I'm the original owner of this one." The car looked like it had a lot of miles on it but in fairly nice condition for it's age.

11. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

Red 550 headed northbound on US220 near Martinsville VA this morning about 9:15am. Running with SportAuto plates.

I was in da big Bimmer and flashed the lights once, then tailed him until Bassett VA where I exited.

12. Magnum2005

Magnum2005 Rookie

Feb 14, 2005
    USA
    Full Name:
    Thomas Whittington
    This weekend I saw a Lotus Elise headed North on I-95 around Lumberton. Last Thursday or Friday, a "Ferrari of Washington" enclosed truck was headed South on I-95 around St. Pauls. The tags on the truck were VA tags though.

13. EnzymaticRacer

EnzymaticRacer F1 Veteran

Feb 27, 2005

Ohhhh jeese.... what now?!?!?! Dad needs to stop breaking my car :D hehehe

Hopefully it wasn't going in for a service... but instead going in to make a new purchase.... WOOHOO!!!!

Bah, I can only hope. :)

14. The Zapper

The Zapper Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2004
    Munich
    Near Lumberton? Must've been a passer-through, there's nothing exciting around here... except for an old RR, which is not exciting at all.

15. resnow

resnow Formula Junior

May 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bob Snow
    360Spyder

I saw the Maybach in the west parking lot at Carter-Finley stadium today at the NSCU-UNC game, stuck in traffic just like everyone else. Talked to the driver when he pulled in before the game since he parked just a few spots down from mine but didn't learn much.

16. 360 Spyder

Feb 7, 2004
    Near the Cows....
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Thank You Mr. Snow!

I knew I was not crazy when I saw it. ;)

17. 360 Spyder

Feb 7, 2004
    Near the Cows....
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Just now...well...about 30 minutes ago...another Bently GT. Virginia tags on it and it was on 85 South going towards Burlington. I tried to get the drivers attention but he was not going to acknowledge me. Still a nice car though!

18. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    Saturday afternoon i saw a black maserati coupe, gunmetal wheels on woodruff rd turning probably to the expensive restaurant in that shopping center.

few days before that saw a silver Gallardo at pelham palace

19. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    There is a yellow F355 Spider sitting in the show room at European Performance. I haven't had a chance to stop by and get any details yet.

20. 308nut

308nut Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 22, 2002
    NOLA/Covington
    Full Name:
    Wade
    Not a Ferrari sighting but... I saw a suburban with a Ferrari shield sticker on the back door parked on the street in Davidson.

Wade

21. bruceski3

bruceski3 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    East TN
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Let me guess it was a Black Suburban? It seems to be a very popular sighting lately.

22. 308nut

308nut Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 22, 2002
    NOLA/Covington
    Full Name:
    Wade
    No it was red with black wheel archs

Wade

23. volpedesign

volpedesign Rookie

Sep 8, 2005
    North Carolina
    Damn wish i had pictures but so far, after moving up here from FL, I have spotted an SLR McLaren (black) on Ten-Ten Rd., a Ford GT (red w/ white stripes) on Penny Rd., a DB9 (silver) on 64, a 360 Spider (red) on Cary Pkwy, and a Carrera GT (yellow) at the Cary Auto Mall. A lot of beautiful cars up here. Definitely beats Orlando, FL. I can actually look forward to seeing something new weekly. :)

24. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    You've been getting lucky. Everything I have seen within the last month around Cary/Raleigh has been sitting at European Performance. Other than that, I saw that Aston a few weeks ago and that has been it. I saw a Murci cruising the Audi lot at the Auto Park a few months ago, that was a shocker.

25. EnzymaticRacer

EnzymaticRacer F1 Veteran

Feb 27, 2005
    I saw a F430 in my Dreams last night...

Oh wait... thats nothing different then every other night. hehe