Ferrari Sightings | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Sightings

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Cheetah, Feb 19, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 308nut

308nut Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 22, 2002
    NOLA/Covington
    Full Name:
    Wade
    Saw a 355 Challange car on a trailer heading south on Statesville Road Hwy 21 in Cornelius on Friday evening. Chased him down he said he was heading to a test and tune at Kershaw CMP.

2. 360 Spyder

360 Spyder Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Near the Cows....
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Can we say...Write off? Ouch!

3. 360 Spyder

Feb 7, 2004
    Near the Cows....
    Full Name:
    Rob
    This morning...Chapel Hill...Airport Road going towards 40...a Black Bently Continental GT. Man that car looks a lot better in person than in pics and it sounds so much more different than I thought it would.

Friday...at the University Mall in Chapel Hill...the Orange Elise I keep runnin into.

And...(there will be doubters on this one but I know what I saw!!) Thursday...on Guess Road in North Durham...going toward 85...

are you ready for this one?

A Maybach 62. Yes...a Maybach. The car is HUGE!! Two tone...silver upper and beige/tan sides. I banged a u-turn right in the middle of Guess Road and got behind it just to be 150% sure I was not seeing things. This car was less than 5 miles from my house and it was driving around. Now...my mission...find where it stays.;) But...and here will be more disbelief...the guy in the back of the car looked like Paul Newman. He has a house in Treyburn so it would not be an impossibility at all. If I am not mistaken, I have also seen Mr. Newman driving a silver 328 around Durham as well.

4. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Put down the pipe.

5. 360 Spyder

Feb 7, 2004
    Near the Cows....
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Told you there would be doubters.

Though if you go read my original post I did say the guy LOOKED like Paul Newman, I never said it was him.

6. N24RE

N24RE Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2003
    Greensboro NC
    Full Name:
    Steve Jones
    Well...I can say it wasn't Paul yesterday...cause he was in San Jose at the Champ Car Grand Prix....I saw him there congratulating his 2 drivers...but that isn't to say you haven't seen him here before

Steve

7. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

I had some delicious salsa yesterday -- his picture was on the label. Does that count?

8. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Sunday 7-31-05 I-26 east bound just west of Columbia: a yellow 355 Spider. Anybody????

Nice!!! :)

9. 360 Spyder

Feb 7, 2004
    Near the Cows....
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Well...maybe it could have been him on his way to the airport since it was Thursday when I saw the Maybach. Does not really matter who was in the car though as I am sure of this...the car was HUGE and it was really good looking...for a Mercedes.;)

10. The Zapper

The Zapper Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2004
    Munich
    Saw a red 360 Spider on Market Street today near the Dunkin Donuts. Anybody from here?

11. 360 Spyder

Feb 7, 2004
    Near the Cows....
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Earlier this morning, a beautiful black 550 Maranello on 15-501 going towards Chapel Hill. Man, when he hit the throttle to pass that car, the sound was amazing.

12. The Zapper

Oct 12, 2004
    Munich
    **EDIT** Should've said that it was in Wilmington.

13. The Zapper

Oct 12, 2004
    Munich
    A non-Ferrari sighting, but a nice one. Today in Wilmington on Oleander near the Independence Mall. Silver Rolls-Royce Phantom. It's good to see one in person. They are bigger in person. Although I think the rear looks like a Mercedes.

14. Santini

Santini Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2003
    North Carolina
    Red 355 in Cary. Cary Pkwy @ Lake Pine Dr. this afternoon. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

15. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric

Spider? If so, that's the one I mentioned earlier that sits in front of a uniform company on Chapel Hill Rd between Academy St. and Maynard almost every day.

16. Santini

Santini Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2003
    North Carolina
    Yes, that's probably the one.

17. Santini

Santini Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2003
    North Carolina
    Red 348, on US1 between Walnut St. and Cary Pkwy., in Cary yesterday.

18. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Damn, you're getting a lot of sightings, no fair ;)

19. Tracktoy

Tracktoy Rookie

Aug 27, 2005
    Raleigh N.C.
    Full Name:
    Jason H.
    On Wed Yellow 360 Spyder on Falls at Durant just as I was pulling out of my neighborhood. There was a young guy a few houses down with a Silverstone 360 but I think he was with the Hurricanes and was traded.

20. laxplayer98

laxplayer98 Karting

Oct 13, 2004
    Greensboro, NC
    Full Name:
    Rob Neill
    Good sightings friday around greensboro. First somebody pulls up to my school in a brand new Rolls-Royce Phantom, then I see a Maserati Coupe, a porsche 356, and a NSX.

21. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    The other day I saw a 356 at European Performance and then saw a different one sitting in front of Porters on Hillsborough St. The only Ferrari I have seen recently is the blue 328 that was at EP.

22. Santini

Santini Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2003
    North Carolina
    Just callin' 'em like I see 'em. ;)

23. phong69

phong69 Karting

Aug 17, 2004
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    Phong Nguyen

That was probably me.

24. 360 Spyder

Feb 7, 2004
    Near the Cows....
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Another one that I will get the "Put down the pipe" remark but I really do not care. Believe me if you want or not...no skin off my back either way.

Yesterday, on 85 going Northbound around the 70 spilt. I was heading to work so I had to take 70 off 85 but a silver XJ200 kept going north. Florida or Georgia tags on it as it had an orange or a peach in the middle of the plate. I noticed him/her as I was breaking off and I was already running too close to being late for work to follow.

25. Tracktoy

Tracktoy Rookie

Aug 27, 2005
    Raleigh N.C.
    Full Name:
    Jason H.
    Phong,have you also owned a Black 355?