Ferrari Sightings | Page 35 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Sightings

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Cheetah, Feb 19, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BrianC

BrianC Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2004
    North Augusta, SC
    Full Name:
    Brian C
    11:35pm on a Saturday evening ... how's the Pinot?

2. mambodave

mambodave Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2005
    Charlotte NC
    Full Name:
    Dave
    [Quote:]
    Originally Posted by Doug Kless
    I saw a 996 Twin Turbo (Yellow) that coward from a new M6 and a CLS55 (?) AMG like a *****....Ample opportunity to display I might add......Explain your self....
    [/Quote]

No need to swing a big dick when everyone already knows whats up. Its like nuking Cuba.. no need, they already know we can kick their ass.

In your next lesson little grasshopper, Ill teach you when you should and should not burn your clutch to a crisp and melt your rear tires.

3. Crawler

Crawler F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2006
    I'm stilll trying to figure out the use of "coward" as a verb...

4. Doug Kless

Doug Kless Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    Huntersville, NC
    It's a form of "Gullah"

5. cgh1

cgh1 Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Chuck Hawks
    Doesn't sound like cowardess to me, sounds like adult judgement.
    That kind of "Hey y'all watch this" should be expressed on a track, if anywhere - certainly not on the street...IMHO. Besides, like he said - if you know you got it, you don't need to flaunt it. Not doing so leaves those who know proud and those who aren't sure in mystery!
    :)

Cheers,
    Chuck

6. cgh1

cgh1 Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Chuck Hawks
    Orange Metallic Lambo Murci' headed West on I-485 between Rea and Providence exits today at 1:13pm.
    It was followed by a long train of military Hummer H1/Humvees and personnel carriers.

Nice!
    C

7. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    #857 L8Braker, Aug 6, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. Tracktoy

Tracktoy Rookie

Aug 27, 2005
    Raleigh N.C.
    Full Name:
    Jason H.
    Not an F-car but a gorgeous Yellow Lambo LP640 Roadster in the Leith BMW/Rolls Royce showroom in Raleigh. I am curious to know how they obtained it, one would certainly loose a ton on trade in a cash deal unless they walked with a couple of pre owned or a handful of BMW's.

9. cameronh

cameronh Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2006
    NC
    Full Name:
    Cameron
    I finally met Marc and his gorgeous Ferrari 360 spider, and had the chance to sit in it! An amazing car I must say, and full of Carbon Fiber. That exhaust sounds amazing, I just wish I had of had my camera with me :(

10. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    Red F430 coupe on woodruff rd around 7 something. I was sitting inside the panera bread and heard it go by, musta been cruisin at a high rpm

11. JM4re

JM4re Formula 3

Aug 21, 2006
    Nothingcouldbefiner
    Full Name:
    JPM
    I've seen that one twice myself, Andy. Both times he was coming down Woodruff Rd from the Five Forks residential area down toward 385 direction. By this, I am presuming he lives in one of the many Five Forks area neighborhoods. Also, that Grigio Silverstone f430 coupe, the one time I've seen it, He was turning left off Five Forks Road onto Woodruff Road.

12. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    my gf and i were sitting at the spinx one time waiting on someone and i saw it go by, heard it i should say. then a minute later i heard it getting onto the onramp of 385 i presume...my god it's giving me chills just thinking about how good it sounded!

13. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Dark blue Maserati Spyder for sale at Leith Porsche and there was a Maybach sitting in front of the Audi dealership. Also saw the new C class at the Mercedes dealership and exterior wise, it is worlds beyond the w203.

14. JM4re

JM4re Formula 3

Aug 21, 2006
    Nothingcouldbefiner
    Full Name:
    JPM
    Wow -- Argento Nurburgring (I think) 599GTB Fiorano locally-owned in Hilton Head. Owner has had it only about a month and is a locally-noted F-car enthusiast. Don't think he's an F-chatter but if he is... very sweet car Mr. A! We talked at Starbucks one day last November for about 30-40 minutes when you were in your red 360 Spider and I was in a cream Rolls Silver Seraph. See you at Honey Horn soon.

15. mtense

mtense Karting

Nov 20, 2006
    Hickory, NC
    Full Name:
    Trey Ely
    I'm trying to remember what Argento Nurbrugring looks like. Is it a dark, almost titanium-looking grey? I saw a dark grey 599 GTB here in Hickory in March and it had SC plates, could have been the same one.

16. JM4re

JM4re Formula 3

Aug 21, 2006
    Nothingcouldbefiner
    Full Name:
    JPM
    No, I don't think so. It's possible I'm getting my color names confused, but I think Argento Nurburgring is a very bright silver and the color you're referring to is Grigio Titanium. This 599 was bright silver.

17. mtense

mtense Karting

Nov 20, 2006
    Hickory, NC
    Full Name:
    Trey Ely
    Ahh, nice. That car is striking in any color.

18. bruceski3

bruceski3 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    East TN
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    I saw a Black on Black 348 heading east about 11:15am going towards Burlington NC. Ohhh wait a min ...... that was Daniel :) . Looks like a beautiful day to head to the Beach !!!!

19. bruceski3

bruceski3 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    East TN
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Seen an Orange Lamborghini Murcielago on Route 54 near I-40/85 next to the BP Gas station in Graham NC.

20. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    Orange Murci with paper (new) tags on I-540 today (Sunday). We flew in formation for a short while...

-Peter (coming back from the Beach Trip!)

21. bruceski3

bruceski3 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    East TN
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Saw a ole ellow Lamborghini Countach in Burlington NC the other day. I forgot to mention it. Actually saw it in a garage but I don't want to give out the location and all.

22. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    drove next to that F430 spider today on my way home, he looked pissed when i looked over and was going to give him a thumbs up. i just wanted to hear it!

23. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Let me tell you about 'sightings'... Mrs. JRR and I were basically stalked on our way home from the beach. Some dumb kid in a BMW 325i was driving like an absolute maniac to take pictures of my car with his cellphone. He cut off several cars, swerved onto the shoulder, and nearly side-swiped a minivan. All the while, driving and taking pictures with his damn phone. If he was 17 years old, I'd be surprised.

I sped up a bit to get away from him and let some cars fill in the traffic between us. Two minutes later, he comes screaming through traffic at about 95mph, and closes to within inches of my bumper to take pictures.

It is extremely rude, juvenile, and outrageously dangerous for everyone one the road. Sightings are fine. Playing paparazzi is just dumb, and it makes me angry as hell. One day, Luca and Mrs. JRR could be the car this a%^hole sideswipes.

FWIW: It was a hunter green 325i that exited in Winston Salem on Peters Creek Parkway. He does not want to meet me again.

24. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Last weekend at the Panera on 6-Forks Rd (Raleigh), saw a new BMW 760 Alpina. Pretty damn cool car!

25. JM4re

JM4re Formula 3

Aug 21, 2006
    Nothingcouldbefiner
    Full Name:
    JPM
    #875 JM4re, Aug 24, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I could be wrong, but I don't think there is such as a car as an Alpina 760. There is the Alpina B7. Did it look like this?

That's a new for '06 or '07 Alpina-tuned version of the 7, it uses a 500hp, 516lb/ft supercharged 4.4liter V8 and is actually based on the 745. It's all very confusing, should be based on the 750s because that's the current V8 version of the 7, but at the time Alpina began working on the B7 only the 4.4litered 745s were available so they stuck with that despite the newer 750s having the 4.8liter larger engines. But to the best of my knowledge there has been no Alpina-tuned version on the V12s (i.e. 6.0liter 760). I'd like to be wrong, though. :)
    I like the B7s too. $120k, only 200/year coming stateside.
    Our local dealer down here (Century BMW) had a black one for sale a while, must've sold.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login