Ferrari Sightings | Page 32 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Sightings

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Cheetah, Feb 19, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BrianC

BrianC Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2004
    North Augusta, SC
    Full Name:
    Brian C
    Tip... No Tip... either way, it's not a Ferrari!!!

:)

2. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    yet another non f- car yellow 997 turbo with tinted windows on hendersonville rd

3. JM4re

JM4re Formula 3

Aug 21, 2006
    Nothingcouldbefiner
    Full Name:
    JPM
    I've driven a tiptronic 996 turbo. Their shift is much quicker than I ever could make it, not to mention they're incredibly fun. I'd probably opt for the tiptronic myself.

4. anatomycoloringbook

Mar 12, 2004
    charlotte, nc
    Full Name:
    Kyle S.
    red 328 in Concord

5. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    i just think it takes away from the whole fun factor. don't get me wrong i would of course take it by all means but mine would be a 6sp. it's not all about how fast, it's if you enjoy it!!!

6. mtense

mtense Karting

Nov 20, 2006
    Hickory, NC
    Full Name:
    Trey Ely
    I always thought systems like Tiptronic or Steptronic were linked to an automatic, whereas transmissions like Ferrari's F1 gearbox or BMW's SMG were mated to a manual gearbox with an electronically-controlled clutch. I think I am correct in saying that Tiptronic is not a form of sequential gearbox.

Someone correct me if that is incorrect.

7. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    THIS IS A SPOTTERS THREAD hahaha Quit jabbering on about the damn Automatic(excuse me bob tiptronic) *8^p

8. Cyclenirvana

Cyclenirvana Karting

Feb 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Ethan
    I've driven the new DSG in the 2008 Audi TT, F-transmission in a 2004 360, tiptronic in a Porsche Turbo...and, for me, just not the same as a good ole manual 6spd. Maybe it's faster, but I don't care. The manual transmission is more engaging and keeps me more focused...with these modern paddle shift transmissions, I am more likely to drive with a Latte in one hand and the steering wheel in the other, thinking about things other than driving my car. But that's just me....

9. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    that's basically what i was trying to say lol

10. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Daytona convertible sitting at the Tanager Center on Chapel Hill Rd. right now. I know the owner of the complex has a Maserati Quattroporte, so it may be his.

11. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

I have a great story about driving in the rain. I bought a 355 Spyder from Shelton and had it delivered to my consultant's house (so he could check it out) As I started driving home it started raining very heavily. I could not get the freaking roof to close, so I am driving in the rain--I took off my suit jacket to cover the console because I did not want an electrical short. Here I am driving in a tie and everyone around me is laughing because I can't get the top to close. (I did not know you had to engage the parking brake on a 355 to close the roof.)

But, I drove mine quite a lot in rain.

12. mambodave

mambodave Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2005
    Charlotte NC
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Hey post the Vin of that car.....

lol

13. Santini

Santini Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2003
    North Carolina
    Finally spotted that red 430 this week, on Old Apex Rd. I noticed the driver checking out my Ford minvan as he drove by. :(

14. JM4re

JM4re Formula 3

Aug 21, 2006
    Nothingcouldbefiner
    Full Name:
    JPM
    Gorgeous rosso corsa F430 coupe on Woodruff Rd. about 15 mins. ago. It was not the spider I usually see, this was the Monzo coupe. Followed behind/beside him for a good 2 miles. Challenge wheels, F1 trans, tan leather, shields, black paper tag (dealer's name written in weird font, so couldn't really make out what it said). Sounded like... bliss

15. JM4re

JM4re Formula 3

Aug 21, 2006
    Nothingcouldbefiner
    Full Name:
    JPM
    "Monzo" blahh... Monza, I mean.

16. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    i saw the same one. i was standing outside of mimi's cafe and saw him turning down miller rd.

lol i was just coming on here to say i saw it and now that makes atleast 3 different f430's in the area.

17. MGD416

MGD416 Formula 3

Jun 4, 2006
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Saw a red 360 spider black interior today right outside the city on 3rd street in a parking lot, a little office building called 200 queens

18. stradleboy

stradleboy Formula Junior

May 14, 2006
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Bennett
    grey maserati gransport was picking up some one from my highschool (Reagan Highschool) in pfaftown nc. today what a great sign to see right before going to Vir tmorrow

19. JM4re

JM4re Formula 3

Aug 21, 2006
    Nothingcouldbefiner
    Full Name:
    JPM
    You're right, Andy. Today I just saw the grigio silverstone F430 coupe. I was with my brothers right at Five Forks down Woodruff Rd walking into a restaurant. Then I hear THE noise and turn around and there is the gray F430 turning from Five Forks Rd. left onto Woodruff. Awesome!

20. 360 Spyder

360 Spyder Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Near the Cows....
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Stopped by Jackson Brothers BBQ this afternoon to grab a bite to eat and what do I see parked out front? Holy big black car Batman... it's a Bentley Cont. GT with SC plates. I was on the phone with my lady so I did not go up to it to see the int. color but the ext. was a dark evil looking black.

21. byronn5

byronn5 Karting

Oct 20, 2006
    NC
    Full Name:
    Ross
    Today I was in between Kernersville and Oak Ridge on Hwy 150 and coming the other way was a black 355. I believe it was a GTS. Absolutely stunning! About 2 minutes later I saw a Maserati Quattroporte. It always makes me happy to see cars on the road instead of in a showroom!

22. anatomycoloringbook

Mar 12, 2004
    charlotte, nc
    Full Name:
    Kyle S.
    blue aston martin db9 in Concord.

23. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    That's my dad's. That's his office ;).

24. MGD416

MGD416 Formula 3

Jun 4, 2006
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Chris, it looked really nice!

25. Santini

Santini Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2003
    North Carolina
    Testarossa on US1 between Walnut St. and Cary Pkwy yesterday a.m., passing two of Cary's finest perched underneath Walnut St overpass.