Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread | Page 36 | FerrariChat

Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by maha, May 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    #876 ingegnere, Jun 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
    Yes it could serve to draw air out of the underhood volume - though if that's the case, I'd expect the luggage area to be sealed - so I'm wondering if the black area is even open (?)

Edit - question answered:
    Edit (2) - question posed prior to mine:

REALZEUS likes this.
  2. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    Here you go (photo by @458-Italia)
    [​IMG]

Doug23, of2worlds and ingegnere like this.
  3. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Ohhh it will be funny if the Mac version of the stradale has 1100hp, a curb weight of 1600kg and nice design :rolleyes:

4. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Not bad but very generic

Garretto, of2worlds and ingegnere like this.
  5. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Thanks.

Wheels a bit old school but love the low fender line!

Thecadster, kandi and of2worlds like this.
  6. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    That last part may be a stretch based on this :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Thecadster and tekaefixe like this.
  7. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Now, imagine your Florida sun with a glass roof. Which of Dante's Circles of Hell would that be? :D

G. Pepper and of2worlds like this.
  8. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Guess we'll have to agree to disagree. A glass roof that you can't see doesn't really create much ambiance. It's not like exotics are dark caves in the Summer sun. It's nice in the backseat of an SUV with panoramic views, but from the driver's position there is no noticeable difference. I recommend testing the roof in the 720S or 570GT. They are not options I'd bother checked since I couldn't notice the difference from the driver's seat.

It's not much of a differentiator now that all McLaren models have glass roof options as well.

If you don't like the roof, get a Spider, not glass.

9. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    #884 REALZEUS, Jun 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
    Not to mention that the remit of this car is totally different. The new McLaren is a straight-line focused GT. The SF90 is closer in ethos to the Senna. Now, having brought up the Senna, that car is uglier than all of the deadly sins combined, yet no one really makes a fuss over it. In the meantime Ferrari gets crucified for a car that is much less controversial.

10. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Interesting that you mention the low fender line as that was one of the most obvious details. Perhaps that is why some complaint about the back half behind the door being to plump! There was a stacked full side view of the SF90 and the Pista where that front fender detail stood out. The Pista fender is much thicker there in the side profile view.

ingegnere likes this.
  11. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    and yet all these criticisms of design details matter not in the context that both car sell well to their respective audiences who lap them up.

12. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    True. I wouldn't mind a Senna myself. They are cars after all, their mission is to be be good on the road and/or the track. How they look is just a byproduct of their function. Not to mention that appearance is subjective.

of2worlds likes this.
  13. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    People don’t make a fuss about it because you don’t talk about traumatizing experiences, like a loss of a close friend or a pet.

ingegnere likes this.
  14. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    While I won’t defend the Senna as being attractive (Mac themselves are unapologetic about its ‘brutal’ design), it is very spec dependent and best appreciated in person.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

15. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    I criticized the Senna plenty - there's no reason a car should look that ugly - I even hate the name. Its defenders will say it looks like that because it's an extreme performance car. I counter with P80 which is an actual race car and looks great - lithe and muscular.

And any criticism of the SF90 (which is beautifully turned out in its surfacing and details) is how it's not optimized for aero efficiency especially as regards cross-section reduction, so not as athletic looking as the P80, for example. But Ferrari know their clientele so who am I to comment.

Picchu88, Shack and crinoid like this.
  16. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    But the P80 likely wouldn't be nearly as quick as the Senna if it had road car components. Chris Harris just released a video of him lapping a 650S GT3 and the Senna. The GT3 was 7s faster on a 2 min lap.

The Senna is ugly and I'd never want one, but I believe the looks are in fact very functional and critical to its performance. If they weren't, the 675LT would be as quick as a Senna, but it's not even close.

As the performance goes up, the cars do need to get uglier for aero. They could combat this by compromising elsewhere (see Valkyrie), but then you have a car that's likely unusable. The V is gorgeous and looks to have amazing aero, but it's totally impractical as a road car.

17. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Senna is the best example of what is going on right now ,
    Which means internet hype is more legit than objective aesthetic consideration .
    Because of internet everything is melting and objective hierarchie doesn't have no more sense .
    Reality is different fortunately and educated people could clearly see what is beautiful ( good taste ) and what's not .

18. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    True but it is nevertheless executed with much more styling competence.

Also true, but the biggest compromises are in the cabin with the narrow passenger area, raised footwell and generally claustrophobic cabin. But considering that this aided in creating an overall pleasant shape they nevertheless made a big effort to competently style the bodywork or what little is left after all the flow-through openings were "added".

19. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    [John Bercow mode on] Ordeeeer!!! I shall remind to the honourable forum members that physical appearance is highly subjective!!! Ordeeeeer!!!" [John Bercow mode off] :D

Personally I find the Valkyrie odd looking, but oh my, I love and admire the specs!!!

tekaefixe likes this.
  20. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    :D

[​IMG]

21. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
  22. Ukyo

Ukyo Rookie

May 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ukyo
    I can't wait for the configurator to go up :)

23. CeroEspada

CeroEspada Rookie

May 13, 2019
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Cero Azrael
    Mclaren is EA of the industry - the kings of microtransactions. Want an S on your head rest? That'll be an extra 4,000. Want that nifty water system? Fork over 6,000. Hey, want that red on your bolts? You guess it, that will be 4,000.

The Senna drives like a beast and it has several cool features but I agree with the consensus that it looks downright fugly. Ayrton Senna deserved better, in my opinion. Now does appearances matter? I think so. As the old adage goes: "Sex sells". So does speed but if I had the revenue for it I rather spend my money on the 720s.

Same here with the SF90 Stradale. While it will likely outperform the F8 Tributo and 488 Pista, I'd rather splurge my cash on those two.

Lesia44 likes this.
  24. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Dude I live here So I would know better - Meanwhile enjoy the continually overcast suicidal British weather:p

pdxjim488, of2worlds and CeroEspada like this.
  25. CeroEspada

CeroEspada Rookie

May 13, 2019
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Cero Azrael
    What part my friend? I live in S. Florida