Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread | Page 35 | FerrariChat

Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by maha, May 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Judging a book by its cover is never wise. I am certain that people will be blown away by the way that the SF90 drives and performs.

F2003-GA likes this.
  2. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    What you are describing is not a modern Ferrari. Ferraris were always about the engine and the speed; they were never the lightest cars around, even though you can't really call them obese.

3. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #853 noone1, Jun 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
    So does the car have an S duct thing or not? The hood looks like it does, but the image of the trunk implies that it doesn't. Is it just going to pool water? My gut tells me there has to be a drain in it somewhere, but I don't see it.

Senshi458 likes this.
  4. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    A glass roof is full of disadvantages (weight, greenhouse effect, safety concerns).

of2worlds likes this.
  5. Frenzisko

Frenzisko Rookie

Jan 1, 2017
    Anyone have the complete video or in HD quality of SF90 STRADALE Prototipo test in artificial Fiorano circuit with snow

Sent from my G8441 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

of2worlds likes this.
  6. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    And yet Ferrari claims 390 kg of downforce at 250 kph.

F2003-GA likes this.
  7. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Glass roofs are overrated anyway. You can barely even see out of them most of the time, if at all, without leaning your head back.

G. Pepper likes this.
  8. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Curious to know the global torque number ,
    Don't know why they didn't give us ?

Doug23 and tekaefixe like this.
  9. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    People should stop being critical of things they don't understand. From Ferrari's website:

"The front bumper is divided into two sections that have specific wing functions. Between the upper section and the bonnet is a pronounced indent that locally compresses the flow. This feature, together with the two diffusers ahead of the front wheels, contributes to generating downforce over the front axle. "

Doug23 and of2worlds like this.
  10. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    That's wrong. The car has carbon fiber reinforces in cabin floor and b billar zone (the last one is very big)

ciao

Caeruleus11 and of2worlds like this.
  11. Mn-0127

Mn-0127 Formula Junior

Nov 14, 2013

I too saw it in person and I am wholeheartedly agreeing with your assessment

12. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Looks that way doesn't it. I think the rads are in the corners and exhaust out the bottom and the little side vents like on the Pista.

It's stuff like this that makes me believe that this car is really designed without a focused performance agenda (like the Ford GT, for example) but rather a luxury range topper with nice style and big numbers. Don't think we'll see the car racing anytime soon.

13. TomLikesCars

TomLikesCars Karting

Feb 27, 2019
    Ireland
    Full Name:
    Thomas Harris
    Speaking of racing, is there going to be an F8 Challenge/GTE etc?

14. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Agreed, but in the context of what this car is, a range topping luxury car, I thought it might have a glass roof. I mean what's a few more pounds when you're almost at 4000 lbs.

15. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    #865 REALZEUS, Jun 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
    I don't see it as a luxury car, more like an extreme performance supercar. Let's face it, today's hybrid supercars cannot possibly be featherweights. In that context, every little bit of weight saving helps and a glass roof certainly doesn't.

16. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Yes, of course. I just thought that some buyers of these cars would like that option. A lot of current lesser cars now with full glass roofs.

17. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I think we may see this is a GTS type model with the recently patented folding roof.

18. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    So there is no vent cut in the hood, only an indent that is accented in black? I see a patent coming ;p

19. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    So basically the slot/opening is cosmetic. All that is saying is that they've effectively scooped out the hood to slow down the airflow and reduce lift on the front of the car and "styled" around that.

It's things like this and the "Gurney" thingy at the back, the flying butresses and internal flow tricks that really show that styling is the preeminent objective on their designs. Simpler, more effective aero solutions would probably work better and result in a "lighter" looking car but then they wouldn't be able to counter Lambo's styling excess - which admittedly seems to work very well for Lambo. And Ferrari are taking notice.

DRYHOLE likes this.
  20. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    I think I saw something on this in another post but I'm lost in all the threads since the reveal of SF90.

TomLikesCars likes this.
  21. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
  22. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    ingegnere, TomLikesCars and of2worlds like this.
  23. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Maybe already discussed but what's the deal with the wheels on the leaked picture car? Not seen on any official pics or have they?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    You are the expert in this field, sir, but my interpretation of this sentence is that the slot serves towards this purpose. I go by what I just read in the press release, my aero knowledge is non-existent. Could it also serve as ventilation for the electric units that sit inside the boot? I find it rather unlikely that it is purely cosmetic, as it is both rather inconspicuous and not really eye-pleasing.

Albert-LP likes this.
  25. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Hilarious Mike - They're not to see out of. Glass creates ambiance plus it helps differentiate the car from other brands
    and gives folks who like it a reason to lean towards that brand. I think its a fabulous concept