Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread | Page 147 | FerrariChat

Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by maha, May 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I have an M38 A1, US military spec, Jeep. The simplest vehicle I currently own (bar the bicycles and horse drawn carriages); you can even hand crank it into life, it doesn't need a battery at all. MANDALAY seems to like that approach...

of2worlds and Boomhauer like this.
  2. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Already issues with the Lithium Pista batteries.

3. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

You must be in another world to think the battery system quote "maybe under $10 k "

They would want more than 10 k just to remove it. Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Correct don't care much for any exotic that is Hybrid or EV . Little alone a Ferrari.

elmadi likes this.
  5. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    I would expect the primary lithium battery in the SF90 hybrid is custom made and not anywhere near less than $10K. These batteries also have coolant connections and are pretty complicated items. Ferrari parts prices are just plain abusive and their batteries and electronics in general are IMHO the most unreliable part of a modern Ferrari. It will be interesting to see how many buyers will still be owners after three years. The car sure is fast and there's no denying that. I hope I get to drive one.

of2worlds and MANDALAY like this.
  6. x z8

x z8 Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    I said future. The small La Ferrari are not that much more. Technology prices decrease over time. Not a secret.

7. x z8

x z8 Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Then install a regular battery :). Really- these are not expensive items relative to the cost of the car.

8. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

I have to find it but there were several posts stating over 200 k USD. I wonder if any LaFerrari owner would point out any battery issues ?
    Like you said about the complexity of the battery I dare say just removal they would charge 10 k

9. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

You are totally confused . There is a battery to start the car. That's what you are going on about replacing. Im talking about the Hybrid battery that will be in the fire wall or as the LAFerrari has it in the floor . Look above the big greed thing. I have read several replacements of the battery and all costing 200 k plus.

This thing is what Hyundai are giving 8 year warrantee.

If its only 3 years :(

10. x z8

x z8 Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    That’s a very different battery than what’s in the SF90. If you are making a comparison- the smaller batteries are what’s relevant ($12k?). The $200k number (I believe that’s inflated) is not applicable and is intentionally misleading.

11. x z8

x z8 Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Hyundai? Troll?

12. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Sorry mate there is no saving you . Enjoy your car when you get it.

13. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    Are you willing to short the stock as a result of your belief?

paulchua likes this.
  14. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sorry if this shot was already posted, but it looks so damn good in Argento Nür from this angle. Just wish it had the diamond cut rims. Photo by ferraricarpassion on Instagram.

355TDI, stavura, TSOYBELIS and 5 others like this.
  15. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    That might be the best looking color I've seen on the SF90. I like it much better than the yellow certain I saw in person...T

F140C likes this.
  16. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    That's the future though and has both performance and eco benefits.

17. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Argento looks Classy!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

F140C likes this.
  18. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    I can only tell you what I hear from the factory. The SF90 system is simpler, cheaper, based on widely available and tested technology and far more reliable than the LaF. As a result they expect no issues. Clearly the LaF was a headache, but Ferrari do not expect the same story with this car

Either way I will soon find out what happens to someone who gets one of the first cars and keep you posted!

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

tekaefixe, F140C and x z8 like this.
  19. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    It does! Even if I'd also go for Ferro, Silverstone or Canna di Fucile..

20. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    #3670 DeSoto, Aug 30, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
    All this chat about hybrid cars is reminding me of the good old "manual versus F1".

The first F1 gearboxes were crude but already were faster than manuals, and like them or not, they´ve replaced manuals almost completely. It´s not a matter of if you would buy an hybrid or not, but of when you´re going to buy it. Unless your plan is to stick with vintage stuff.

F142George and F140C like this.
  21. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Proper post, couldn't have said it any better.

22. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Battery? 153K, not including labor
    https://www.eurospares.co.uk/parts/ferrari/la-ferrari-/electrical-ignition/hv-battery-and-wiring-harnesses-53849

don't forget the Inverter, another 19K, not including labor
    https://www.eurospares.co.uk/parts/ferrari/la-ferrari-/electrical-ignition/inverter-and-cooling-53815

those have been failing in LaFs as well...

Ferrari does not redesign these parts on the LaF as battery tech advances, so their prices do not change

elmadi, MANDALAY and of2worlds like this.
  23. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX

Completely disagree, gearbox is simply a different way to move power from the engine to the drivetrain.

Hybrid is a new drivetrain.

Ferrari has ZERO SKILL in creating electric drivetrain components (SF90 battery sourced from China, electric motors/inverters sourced from an English company, Yasa), Ferrari is bolting it on, it is not their design per-se. Don't care for Ferraris where they simply integrate other powertrains into theirs. Proper Ferraris use a Ferrari engine based on decades of their own development, they are the best at that.

For instance, would you want a Ferrari that uses an engine developed by Cosworth?

24. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Perfectly said !
    Without forgetting the weight and the disappearance of sound.
    Buying the new just to buy is very strange to me

ferrarifanatic25, MANDALAY and JTSE30 like this.
  25. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Ferrari (well, actually, everybody) outsorces gearboxes, fuel injection systems, electrical systems and a long etc... I don´t think that the electric motors define the character of the car anyway, at least no more than the gearbox, and now they´re using gearboxes made by Getrag.

But my point is that what we like is not the point: they stopped selling manual gearboxes, and soon all their cars (and everybody else´s) will be hybrid, so you even won´t have a choice.

F140C and jm2 like this.