Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread | Page 134 | FerrariChat

Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by maha, May 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Astrid.Didier

Astrid.Didier Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2019
    What news? there is no news about the SF90!! Ferrari refuses to even let "car reviewers" drive the car!!!!! It's almost a year now!!!!!!

2. Mohamed Almarzooqi

Sep 1, 2019
    #3327 Mohamed Almarzooqi, Mar 6, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
    QUOTE="paulchua, post: 147077663, member: 145512"]@Mohamed Almarzooqi in all seriousness, I don't know if the 765lt will be faster in the 1/4 or 1/2 mile then the SF90. My recommendation if it bothers you, simply wait until both are out and then purchase the one you like. I hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

Nope it doesnt bother me at all, 765LT was just now released and wanted a discussion cause perosnally i felt its a serious competitor to SF90 thats it and wanted to know what others think about it.... but yeah lets wait for real life tests and see, generaly I dont buy ferrari to be fastest, because it never meant to be fastest but its about experiencing it

Astrid.Didier likes this.
  3. Mohamed Almarzooqi

Sep 1, 2019
    True its taking lots of time and cant wait for first drive reviews and first time driving it...
    I think Ferrari taking longer because its sort of all new technologies for Ferrari inside one car in which it takes longer to develop and perfect it.... anyway if June is the time then its another 3 months of waiting

Astrid.Didier likes this.
  4. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    World is so much better with ignore function...

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

5. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    And the LF came with crappy old tires from the early 2010s vs the Pista on one-and-done on new Cup2 R. The difference between those tires is huge.

6. CT Audi Fan

CT Audi Fan Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2011
    Can you please quantify this? I hear this all the time and certainly I agree that tires do make a difference, but “huge”? In 7 or 8 years? Also, even by today’s standards ... are LaF tires really “crappy”?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    No-one believes the tire difference is huge.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

8. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    You’re such a gold digger it hurts. Know the region quite well and know what many European girls do there... the bars of the five star hotels in JBR are full of them.

9. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    People like you don't even deserve to reply to, and I reported you anyway, your cheap talks about what European girls do and all that rubbish/nonsense , it only shows 1 thing that you don't know anything about the region, if you were there and you said what you have just said in front of me, probably you will be sent to jail! !!! And you will never get out! TRUST ME!!

10. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The difference between the GT3 RS on Cup2 vs Cup2 R by Sport Auto (or AMS, I forget which):

Cup2 R: 1:26.6
    Cup 2: 1:28.5

So the Cup2 R today are already 2s quicker than the standard Cup2 on a short lap, which are several years newer than the compounds used on the LF. The LF wasn't even using Cup2 back then or Trofeo R, it was usng Pzero Corsas IIRC. Pirelli didn't update their compounds for quite a while after the LF was produced.

The improvements made in tire in the last 5 years have been enormous, at least early in their mileage, and the tires used during the times of the LF weren't new compounds, they like the outgoing rubber from tires launched even earlier.

So much of the lap time improvements you're seeing now are tires. Sure, the cars are a bit better, but a large percentage of the lap improvements are companies just sticking super sticky tires on the car that don't last very long.

11. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I wonder where "magazine racer" ranks in the pyramid of speed? I think probably somewhere below "Street Racers" and above "Fast n Furious" enthusiast.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    This discussion begs the question,... Do they make Cup2R tires that fit a 2011 Honda Odyssey?

ferrarifanatic25 and paulchua like this.
  13. gowthamn

gowthamn Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    Any idea when the convertible version of the SF90 will be announced?

14. F142George

F142George Karting

Jun 26, 2014
    UK
    Full Name:
    George
    Either late this year or mid next. Depends on when they will release the 812VS

15. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    I wouldn’t go to jail. Now piss off because no one here like gold diggers.

16. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    Listen,,,,, we are not going to bother people right here with such rubbish/nonsense, if you want to insult me, do it, I don't even care.... as I'm here just to be a nobody, so you are welcome to go on and keep insulting that nobody!, I don't care , enjoy ;) ... * but people right here are very respectable and I think they don't like to hear words like gold-digger or what many European girls do on the bars of the five star hotels in JBR !!!!!!!!!

Finally what makes you so sure that I'm a European girl!!!!?? or even a girl? how could you tell?, you will never know actually!, I have never mentioned it and I'll never do, I'm here to talk about cars ONLY, with no-name, no gender, no-info. And if you were smart enough, and you know the region as you have mentioned, you would go first and translate all the Arabic words between me and Mohamed, it would tell you a lot about me!!! and you will feel SHAME!

17. CT Audi Fan

Oct 23, 2011
    So there are no other factors? Weather? Was it same track same day same driver? Was it exactly one lap in each or did the driver have several and they took best time? The point is that yes tires are a factor. But is the compound the only difference between the Cup 2 and R? I’m not arguing the point, but I think many just default to tires as an argument and it’s just not that simple.

18. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I'm pretty sure it was tested at the same time. Both were included in the same article.

19. CT Audi Fan

Oct 23, 2011
    Link? I’d honestly like to read that ... the subject fascinates me for some odd reason and I’ve never been able to find a direct head to head. What I’d really love to see is a test of 918, LaF and/or P1 on new tires ... hell even an F40 or 288. You’d think these tire manufacturers would do this just to show off the massive difference between old and new.

20. SAT4RE

SAT4RE Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Blairsville, GA
    I saw the car at Ferrari Racing Days at Road Atlanta, today. I'm happy to report that she looks very impressive in person and quite beautiful. I knew it would be on display and was skeptical about what I might see. I haven't been a fan of some of the online photos. There is nothing to fear. She is stunning and Image Unavailable, Please Login what looked to be difficult design decisions in the rear actually work well. There was one head scratching aspect to the display: both left and right doors didn't appear closed from the rear, showing about a 1/2 inch gap, but appeared flush when seen from the front. For those who have seen the car, is that how they're supposed to be, or were the doors not fully closed for some reason? There were no reps standing by to ask. Since it looked flush from almost any angle from the front, the answer wasn't clear to me, but if they actually look like that when closed, that is a flaw.

elmadi likes this.
  21. SAT4RE

SAT4RE Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Blairsville, GA
  22. Mohamed Almarzooqi

Sep 1, 2019
    I didnt notice my brother did during release i asked the dealer rep when i went to do small modifications to the order he said its just in demo cars but he didnt say the reason.... anyway i checked again on fiorano pack car and it wasnt anywhere near as big as the demo cars, also asked club members and they sent me pictures of examples that didnt have it, so yeah i think just a demo car thing, dont worry about it

of2worlds, Slicknick and Il Co-Pilota like this.
  23. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Damn, win statement of the day!

Il Co-Pilota likes this.