Ferrari ROMA | Page 57 | FerrariChat

Ferrari ROMA

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ajr550, Feb 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    you should be hired by Ferrari as new CEO and lead designer at the same time :D :D :D

Astrid.Didier, tomc and MDEL like this.
  2. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Does anyone know the availability time for the Roma and at what price point?

Astrid.Didier likes this.
  3. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Yes. Whenever, and if you have to ask . . . . .

AD211 and randkin like this.
  4. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    Can somebody of you tell me what color they used at the Roma-event for the silver car? Is this Argento Nürburgring or a new color?

5. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    AGAIN as posted twice in this thread already:
    Chassis #247406 = Grigio Titanio Metallizzato FQ3238 with Nero VM 8500.

Marcel Massini

Caeruleus11 and R J like this.
  6. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    This is it:
    Chassis #248047 = Blu Roma (QA016028) with Tortora 130426 leather interior.

Marcel Massini

Caeruleus11, R J and tfazio like this.
  7. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    Ah, thank you... Grigio Titanio: Beautiful color for this elegant car! But in the pics, this color looks much brighter...

8. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    elmadi, EDVTEC, Lazi-D and 17 others like this.
  9. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Some cameras use flash……….

Marcel Massini

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  10. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    After I asked the question I absolutely knew someone would answer that way. Thanks for confirming :)

11. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    Willis
    :cool::p:D:rolleyes:

The fact is they've been getting these things to market very quickly. Also, from what I heard it will be in the same range as the Portofino, give or take a few scheckles.

12. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Yes Ferrari’s mindset now appears to be “the more the merrier.” I think they have a winner with this new offering. Price is competitive with Aston Martin and imho this car will have AM execs scratching their heads.

LARRYH and pilotoCS like this.
  13. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    Willis
    I agree. An Italian car with a bit of understated British elegance to it.

14. Astrid.Didier

Astrid.Didier Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2019
    YES, I thought the same too, and I don't know which one was that, I think it looks a bit like a Jaguar from the rear end as well, but still, the car design in general is very beautiful and too elegant.

15. YAHABO

YAHABO Rookie

Feb 16, 2016
    I think it's absolutely fantastic. Apart from the body colour grille, which could be easily addressed.

stavura likes this.
  16. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    I must say, even with all the fuss about the grill and looking too much like [insert car name here], this seems to be the best received new Ferrari since the 458. Remember that with the 458, many people (myself included) didn’t like the catfish whisker grill at first either. Over time I warmed up to it.

Personally, I love the grill on this car. I think it’s a unique Ferrari touch that distinguishes the design from the competition in a world where safely regulations and other factors result in similar looking vehicles from all manufacturers (see the sketchmonkey video someone posted earlier). These graphic touches are what keep designs fresh and I personally love the grill on the Roma.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

elmadi, stavura, Bundy and 5 others like this.
  17. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    Starting price at $225,000 est. (2020)

Graz likes this.
  18. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    I prefer the Monza Rear's end all the way up!, the rear end of the ROMA looks a bit like a Jaguar F Type. but still they are all beautiful cars.

19. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    i think it might be the rear of the barchetta it reminds me of

20. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    tomc likes this.
  21. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I completely disagree. Lotus does not feature a car with a 600PS V12. ;)

Carmakers get into these crazy one-upmanship contests with each other for bragging rights. When the 812 was announced, the annual allocation at my dealer was 9. Once you own these cars you also realize how often you have to fill up. They are not practical if all you want is to frequently enjoy driving a well-designed, well-balanced, reasonably light, very fast car that is attainable from your dealer, like the PF and Roma.

I've driven on unregulated speed highways as well as on alpine roads and race tracks. There are very good reasons why driving on alpine roads and race tracks are way more fun than highways. When you are going at 250+ kph on the Autobahn, you feel more like you are guiding a train than a sports car. Highways are designed to require subtle inputs, adjustments rather than sports car reflexes. You are directing a speeding train, watching for slower traffic.

This is why cars like the Roma, PF and Lusso make sense, because they will be smaller, lighter, more agile driven much more often than all the other Ferrari models. Using a 600PS engine allows the car to be lighter and smaller, suspension better balanced, brake better and be less expensive to make and maintain. You no longer need a big engine compartment, a big nose, and the resulting lighter car will look better, offer more room, feel much more engaging to drive, because the car will not be not dominated by a big powertrain. You drive the car, not the engine.

ChadR and tomc like this.
  22. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    #1423 randkin, Nov 23, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
    That pretty much says it all about Ferrari dealers.:D
    Yes, the Roma rear does look Jag like but then I think the Jag rear got its styling que’s from the BMW Z8. That said I like the look. Pretty hard to keep coming up with something new and still to have it look elegant IMO.

23. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    but the Roma is bigger than an 812 in every dimension except 1 (812 one mm longer) and only weighs 375 pounds less.

REALZEUS likes this.
  24. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    They always did. Otherwise we would be still driving around in Model Ts...

This is a joke, right? When I tracked the 599, I had to go for petrol every 20 laps. So what? First world problems...

According to my experience, you can have fun/thrills in all situations. Doing 300 kph is both exhilarating and scary. Wh do you think that fighting with the steering wheel is the only way of having fun?

Looks are subjective. I prefer rear-mid engine cars anyway appearance-wise. A V8 is some 20 cm shorter than a V12. All current Ferraris have engine bays large enough for both powertrains.

The engine is the most important component of a motorcar. It is what makes the difference really.