Ferrari ROMA | Page 121 | FerrariChat

Ferrari ROMA

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ajr550, Feb 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    I thought monthly.

2. glennkreisel

glennkreisel Karting

Aug 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Glenn Kreisel
    You probably know more then me. My first Ferrari. I asked the dealer and thought he said quarterly. Sort of made sense. Just waiting around over here. Man hope the world doesn’t shutdown again! Sucks for everyone. Gotta get past this covid

3. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    I could be totally wrong...and yes covid blows. Fingers crossed that the world settles down and we can get back to some sort of normal!

4. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Miller Motorcars

A couple of good tidbits of info on this video.

T

elmadi and vcappp like this.
  5. Dadr

Dadr Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    Status 70 today next getting on a boat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stavura, Bmwatts, of2worlds and 4 others like this.
  6. glennkreisel

glennkreisel Karting

Aug 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Glenn Kreisel
    Wholly Crap!!! Wow.. so exciting!

7. glennkreisel

glennkreisel Karting

Aug 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Glenn Kreisel
    Do they give you a final pic leaving the shop?

8. blu308qv

blu308qv Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2008
    Florida
    I owned two Calis, a 2010 and a 2012 and a Portofino briefly (traded it on a Pista). I loved both Calis. Naturally aspirated V8s Are the best. I have a Roma ordered. As for the Cali T, It drives great, but just didn’t have that Ferrari sound, in my opinion. Just doesn’t have any soul. You may be able to handle that with an aftermarket exhaust though. If it were me, I’d get a really nice, low mile, 2014 Cali instead.

drcollie likes this.
  9. Dadr

Dadr Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    No final pic yet, they seem to run about a week behind now. It used to be 2-3 weeks behind so I guess you can call that progress. Now only if they would allow you to track the ship it is on like BMW. Italians and their drama.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greg328 likes this.
  10. doc76

doc76 Rookie

Jul 27, 2014
    Italia
    Full Name:
    Nico
    Good morning, I wanted to know if possible, your Vin of Rome what they are Since the one that will go in offers is the number 260,000

11. Cali T HS

Cali T HS Rookie

Sep 12, 2020
    Zurich Switzerland
    The Cali T Handling Speciale offers the extra kick and sound and is great value for money these days.

12. coolhandshin

coolhandshin Rookie

Nov 24, 2016
    I have a question for those who have already driven the new Roma;

now that you can equip Ferraris with ADAS, does Roma finally have auto hold, for keeping brakes on stoplights?

I know that they will at some point apply it to all their cars! Like the Porsches!
    Thanks!

13. drcollie

drcollie Karting

Dec 15, 2013
    Neither my 2014 Carrera S or my 2020 Macan S has brake auto hold, but my Audi E-Tron does.

Speaking of Porsches, I put a thread out on how much I enjoyed the Roma test drive on the 991.1 Rennlist forum. That really upset a few people there and there was an attempt by some to have the thread removed as inappropriate, however the moderators declined to do so! Guess they didn't like the "shine" being taken off their 911's....lol

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1215140-ferrari-roma-vs-porsche-991-1-a.html

vcappp, Kami777, greg328 and 3 others like this.
  14. coolhandshin

coolhandshin Rookie

Nov 24, 2016
    I read your review here in FC and I thought it was a very firm and neutral review with lots of good info.

Having had several Porsches I am also fond member of Rennlist and after reading that post with some interesting responses, I am glad that the forum and the members still have self correcting capabilities :)

Regarding auto-hold, your 2020 Macan should most definitely have the hold function.
    I am not sure about Audi E-tron, but if it's like the BMWs, hold engages 'every time' the car comes to a stop, as long as the specific switch for the auto-hold is on.
    My 2018 Cayenne and 992 Carrera engages hold when after coming to a stop, a quick, deeper press to the brake pedal is once again applied. Doesn't that work with your Macan?

15. 008

008 Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    Houston, TX
    aepma and tomc like this.
  16. bmcginn

bmcginn Karting

Dec 11, 2005
    I just read your piece on Rennlist. Not sure why anyone got honked off with it since it was balanced and completely fair. That said, having owned four 911’s and a Panamera Turbo since the mid 80’s I do have some experience with the brand and some of the more zealous owners. We took delivery of our Portofino a year ago and can’t say enough good things about the experience and the car. And while I liked all our 911’s, there is nothing like owning and driving a Ferrari.

17. glennkreisel

glennkreisel Karting

Aug 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Glenn Kreisel
    And Random question all!!!
    Is the ROMA hard to get in and out of? I've had a tesla roadster that you had to basically do yoga to get in and out of because of how low to the ground it was and how low the ceiling inside was.
    What are all your thoughts?

18. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Yes.

And the very very last ones I posted are Grigio Ferro with cuoio.

Marcel Massini

of2worlds and glennkreisel like this.
  19. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    The FUV will be coming in 2022.....

Marcel Massini

crazedboutcars, 456-boy and of2worlds like this.
  20. Rick Weston

Rick Weston Karting

Mar 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    Richard Weston
    I love the car in Giallo, for what its worth...

glennkreisel likes this.
  21. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    One or two of the American Roma press cars was Grigio Alloy so a good guess this Roma is also using the same color for the press to.