ferrari repair shops in northern california? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

ferrari repair shops in northern california?

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by elvisimitator, Aug 19, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rwk360

rwk360 Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2005
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    R W Kenton
    +1 Juan did a great job on my Dino as well.

2. 1974gt4

1974gt4 Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 19, 2009
    in my garage...
    Full Name:
    Dr. Italiani
    My 308 spent a few trips in Johanne's hands and I agree, he loves the old cars. There were a few small hiccups/issues, but these things will happen, I spent almost 5 figures there though and felt that the work he did was honest and worth the price...Besides my carburated Ferrari STARTS UP EVERYTIME WITHOUT CHOKE AND RUNS BEAUTEFULLY. This is 2 years later too.

My point? The carb tune was worth the price of admission for the long distance drive.

He even sand etched some pretty snazzy covers for where the distributors went and prettied up my old tart real nice.

The review seeme inconsistent with how that shop is run.

my 2 cents.

3. TZL

TZL Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2003
    Atherton, CA
  4. maestro8

maestro8 Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 2, 2009
    Nor Cal
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I just wanted to +1 Timo04's reco here.

Just got back from smogging my Mondi at Smog Tech. Dan knew what he was doing with my car, treated her like a queen through the whole ordeal. Haven't visited Roselli's yet but that's next on my list!

5. xs10shl

xs10shl Formula 3

Dec 17, 2003
    San Francisco
    I've used Prancing Horse, Dino Motors, and GP Enterprises all with a good amount of success. Even though I'm a regular customer, I will also get the Concours heisman from time to time.

It's also true that every shopkeeper has stories about every other shopkeeper, and I've heard stories about pretty much every shop in the greater Bay Area, even the most reputable ones. I suppose when you service home-made cars for a living, every once in a while something will happen that is bad news for all involved.

The bad rap on Dino motors is understandable, I suppose, because of the particular circumstances, but I think the negative feelings expressed don't exemplify a typical experience at Dino Motors. In addition, the reviewer took offense to a situation which has become commonplace here. After getting my cars serviced for 10 years by Bay Area shops, I have learned that absolutely everything revolves around the local Concours schedule, and if your car isn't going, guess what? Any shop you take it to will to push it into a corner until the cars that are going are done. The last car is typically finished while the transporter is pulling up to the door at 11PM the night before the show.

6. Mrzferrari

Mrzferrari Rookie

Oct 29, 2014
    Anyone have a recommendation for a great repair shop for Ferraris. I have a 2000 Ferrari 360 and it needs an oil change and fluid check and top off.

7. p1turbo

p1turbo Formula Junior

May 21, 2009
    san francisco
    +1 tony and the guys are great.
    they service my 575 and 993 turbo

8. sdaley

sdaley Rookie

Feb 8, 2015
    Lincoln, CA
    For the Sac area it's Salerno's in Roseville!! Dropped everything they were doing the other day just to focus on an issue with my car when I came in w/no appt. Great recommendations everywhere.

9. Alvis1936

Alvis1936 Rookie

Dec 11, 2021
    Stockton
    Full Name:
    Mark A. Garibaldi
    Brian, do you work on the older stuff, like 1967 330GTC?

10. EP328

EP328 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2008
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Brian moved his shop to Texas. Patrick Ottis Co, in Berkeley works on the older models as well as newer models.
    https://www.patrickottiscompany.com/

11. Alvis1936

Alvis1936 Rookie

Dec 11, 2021
    Stockton
    Full Name:
    Mark A. Garibaldi
    I hear John Baggioli is a very competent mechanic! Anyone have experience with John? More specifically working on a V12 Columbo?