Ferrari Repair Issues/ Story | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Repair Issues/ Story

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by Scharge05, Jan 17, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scharge05

Scharge05 Karting

May 30, 2014
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Full Name:
    Megan Hill
    #26 Scharge05, Mar 25, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Absolutely grateful that I came to the right shop the second time this needed performed. I can say, nothing came easy during this repair for Vince, and he had a lot more time in it than expected and stuck it out. The end results were more than worth the wait and time!

The "before" photos from the first shop was literally hours after the first shop "finished it" and Vince had picked it up.....

Here is a more close up view of the wheels. I'm still going to swap them for my Challenge wheels.... if they ever ship.... but these do look pretty good :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Scharge05

Scharge05 Karting

May 30, 2014
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Full Name:
    Megan Hill
    I absolutely will, thank you :)

3. Scharge05

Scharge05 Karting

May 30, 2014
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Full Name:
    Megan Hill
  4. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Congrats on getting your car the way you want it!

But why is this is the Texas section?

5. Jaybird

Jaybird Karting

Jul 7, 2011
    Southeast Iowa
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Looking good. Glad you got it back.

6. Scharge05

Scharge05 Karting

May 30, 2014
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Full Name:
    Megan Hill
    I posted it in the mid west states because Vince travels and will ship cars for those who would like to use his services. He travels to Texas often :)

The ferrari community is small, and the list of competent mechanics is even smaller. Always good to have references :)

7. rotaryrocket7

rotaryrocket7 Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2011
    Eden Prairie, MN
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Wow, very nice

8. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    ... and this story is in the "Louisiana" section by virtue of what?

9. Scharge05

Scharge05 Karting

May 30, 2014
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Full Name:
    Megan Hill
    Because Black Horse will travel and ship cars..... and the ferrari community is small as it is. always good to have mechanics for reference.....

but i can remove if its not good enough for your louisiana section....

10. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    ... not at all. Quite the contrary; I was thinking a new shop had opened in Louisiana.

11. CCRider66

CCRider66 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 29, 2014
    Sussex, WI
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Yay! Beautiful car!

12. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Black 348s rock!

13. itsablurr

itsablurr Formula 3

Dec 9, 2005
    Carlisle, MA
    Full Name:
    Matt
    #38 itsablurr, Mar 28, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Unfortunate series of events leading up to the happy conclusion, but the results certainly speak for themselves.

Great profile shot of your car as well. The 348 really has nice lines that pull from Ferrari's past. That silhouette of the long overhang front wedge, up over the fender and over the roofline, then the straight line of the buttress profile to the blunt rear end really evokes the feel of the 365/512BB. Masculine, tough lines that went away with the F355 softening treatment.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. Scharge05

Scharge05 Karting

May 30, 2014
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Full Name:
    Megan Hill
    I love your description! I love my 348 body style as compared to the 355. The front bumper alone sold me on the 348. :)

15. Scharge05

Scharge05 Karting

May 30, 2014
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Full Name:
    Megan Hill
    Thank you everyone :)

16. Scharge05

Scharge05 Karting

May 30, 2014
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Full Name:
    Megan Hill
    Not quite, but that doesn't leave Black Horse out of the question either. He has people from all over the US bring their cars to him :)

17. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Great to hear you got your car back and are now going to enjoy it!

18. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Do not make multiple threads on the same subject. Threads merged and duplicate posts deleted.

19. Scharge05

Scharge05 Karting

May 30, 2014
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Full Name:
    Megan Hill
    Understandable, and thank you :) new to FChat and still learning.

20. 97 Spider

97 Spider Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 15, 2012
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian
    So in total you spent about the same cost as a pretty nice 348 would have cost you on getting the engine running again. This is where the horror stories of 348-355 ownership come from.
    I understand the principle of wanting YOUR car back, but really you could have sold it after the first shop messed it up for an easy 15k + the 28+ you spent with Blackhorse. $43-44k would be enough for a different 348 and a whole lot less stress to just wash your hands of it.

If anyone ever finds themselves in this situation and wants to throw in the towel and start over, contact me, I have cash for clunkers waiting to get you on the road to your new Ferrari.

21. Scharge05

Scharge05 Karting

May 30, 2014
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Full Name:
    Megan Hill
    I could have yes, but I owed 35k on the car. Which is why I went with the choice I did....

I also have a lawsuit against the first shop that will allow me to gain all my money back, plus some. I was better off fixing, unfortunately it just took two shops and twice as much as I expected.

22. jpohl402

jpohl402 Formula Junior

Megan,
    Nobody has mentioned this, so I just wanted to point out:
    You are clearly VERY well-spoken, meticulous w details & documentation (very important in this situation!), and obviously bright/well-educated!!

I read every word of your posts - a few of your word choices made me laugh (1990s Honda Civic instead of how Pininfarina designed it), etc. I also appreciate your articulation and usage of proper punctuation, as many on here would write one entire run-on sentence, with zero capitalization, making my eyes and head hurt :)

Glad everything worked out, and you are happy!!
    I truly wish you all the best in court!! Hopefully you recover every penny, PLUS additional damages.
    Enjoy the car and the rest of your ownership experience!

PS. I see NOTHING wrong with you posting ANYWHERE in the US.... Most have several residences/split time in many places, as I do, so can benefit from knowledge of good shops near one of their homes - and plus, it's really not difficult to ship a car somewhere either! ;)

Kudos to you, girl! And great to see a female Fchatter who loves her car and takes care of it! Cheers!

23. Scharge05

Scharge05 Karting

May 30, 2014
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Full Name:
    Megan Hill
    Haha this has made my whole morning!

I try my best to make sure my sentences make sense.... "try" being the key word there! jk.

I am incredibly grateful for Black Horse Motorwerks, its owner Vince and his employee Chazz. I can throw money at something all day, but they were truly the ones with the knowledge and skill in this horrible situation. I truly believe they are the only ones who would have taken on this repair without putting a bullet between their eyes.

It helps that they can do shipping and pick your car up with a single car enclosed trailer. Vince picked my car up from Wichita then dropped it off in St. Louis for me :)

That and he has the Leonardo Tool, and just purchased updates for Lamborghini and Ferrari 458, F12, and California. He's the only one in the Midwest that has the tool to read codes properly for us.