" Ferrari Premium" programme | Page 4 | FerrariChat

" Ferrari Premium" programme

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by SAFE4NOW, Mar 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Off Topic:

Curious , in what timeframe are you thinking this "downfall" will happen? 12 months , 5 years, 10 years, 50 years?

S

2. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    some Ferrari Master Techs have their own shop. there is no right or wrong. ive had crappy dealer work done (thanks for the blue ink all over my crema 612 interior) and ive had great work done by bradan and p1. they all serve a purpose.

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  3. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    And I for one thank you, Steve. Hope you keep doing that in the future, regardless of whether the program will be perceived by the general owning public. We don't shoot the Messenger!

Ferrari app? Please do tell! The only app I have on my phone (and the only oficial one I've ever heard about in my country/region) is one called "Ferrari Road powered by Europ Assistance", but honest to God you can't do anything with it, so it beats me why it even exists… But a proper, official Ferrari app in which, for instance, you could have access to your dealer's availability, showroom, Schedule services, buy parts, etc... That would be very interesting indeed!

Kind regards,

Nuno.

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  4. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    I think you’re taking contrary opinions far too personally, for a discussion forum. Respectfully.

Forgive some of us for being cynical. We aren’t used to Ferrrari giving us anything “for free”, other than a direct tap into our bank accounts.

5. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    its happening already - checkout how many 488s and calis are available at the prices theyre asking. painful.

Texas Forever likes this.
  6. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I don't read that as taking it personally at all.

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  7. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    How many millenials own those?

Ferraris have always been short term ownership cars for the majority. They want the latest and greatest. F8 right around the corner. Its normal. The volume is high because the 488 production was high.

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  8. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know

Thank you for confirming, its not personal.
    I really did not intend to come across as if it was ( personal ) Online posts come across with no emotions...

But I am guilty of being passionate about the brand and more importantly about breaking the sterotype of " All Dealership " are "Stealerships ".

I understand your last point above and was only trying to offer counter points as well.

S

9. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Well thats my point/increased production numbers to new buyers who don’t have the same mindset as the old guard. Makes for lots of owners wanting to sell cars and dealers choking on the supply as they try and sell new models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    People read emotions they want to see into the written word all the time.

I have replied "Wow" here and had people take offense.

11. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin

I personally think those particular people are choking on student debt at the moment and not buying brand new F cars. Also, it doesn't help that they make it kind of difficult. I am one of those... but don't have the student debt. My peers really seem to be digging porsches at the moment as they think they can get rich quick (that bubble is pretty much burst now) and the price point is much lower. 225k gets you a wonderful porsche... 225 gets you the ferrari no one wanted (new)

Just my opinion and observation. I do think your argument has some merrit though and I do believe ferrari is sitting on their butts...

Good news is... Mclaren which builds rocket ships get destroyed on value and while the service guy loves you... the company just keeps bringing out cars that kill the last one and you get murdered financially.

Porsche has also chosen the murderous path and has said the gt3 touring was in direct response to the lack of loyalty of 911r customers and purposely tried to make the values of those cars go down. I can't even believe the amount of GT2RS that are available. Did anyone buy one for themselves or just to flip?

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  12. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    You'll see it in the next economic downturn. That is, when all the New World Order Billionaires cancel their orders. There will not be enough Baby Boomers left to take up the slack. I dunno when this will happen. I just know it will.

kes7u and SAFE4NOW like this.
  13. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Ferrari will carry on if that happens. They will sell hand bags and have Ferrari hotels, shoes, watches, wine, vodka etc. Ferrari could chop building cars and still be just fine.

Besides Coke a Cola, Ferrari is the most recognized brand name in the world.

LARRYH and Texas Forever like this.
  14. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    yes and no. being a public company certainly has repercussions if the world falls apart and your stock gets cut by 80 percent. puts different pressures into play that arent factors when private.

Texas Forever and tbakowsky like this.
  15. Booker

Booker Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Miami 2018

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    "Owners who decide to take part in the Premium Program will also have access to Ferrari Classiche certification upon the 20th anniversary of their vehicle’s registration." wonder what access means... ? lol

https://www.motorious.com/articles/news/346164/new-ferrari-premium-program-certifies-strong-maintenance

Just have to wait 10 years and then Ferrari will hopefully see more people choosing the non-premium cars over the 'certified' ones. I understand the peace of mind for new buyers, wanting to not worry about the Ferrari they are driving (a very millennial thing), but to that I say - why buy a Ferrari if you don't want to invest time taking care of it yourself? Many of you are correct that such buyers that want to basically just 'point and shoot' are clearly not loyal to Ferrari, for if they were, it would not be a big deal to take time when purchasing, get to know the car and previous owner, and then HAPPILY make repairs and maintenance when necessary.

The irony is that this program appeals to general exotic owners, not passionate Ferrari fans. This is inline with selling more models, at higher volumes, in growing global markets. Money is the root of all evil...

16. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    To paraphrase Dirty Harry, a man's gotta know his limitations!

I have neither the time, tools or training to DIY my Cali. My time is better spent earning the $ it takes to pay Boardwalk to pamper my Cali. I suspect the same is true for many owners, especially of late model F cars. I don't think that disqualifies us as true tifosi.

T

Radu, Texas Forever, kes7u and 3 others like this.
  17. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Booker said:
    "... - why buy a Ferrari if you don't want to invest time taking care of it yourself? ...

Exactly Tom.

My Ferrari tech has literally a wall full of tech certifications from Ferrari. I'd rather go to medical school, it wouldn't take me as long. :D

And particularly for a modern Ferrari that he refers to, a proper lift and diagnostic tool (SD3/Leonardo,etc.) will run at least $40K plus the yearly subscription fee. You're going to spend that to service one car? :rolleyes:

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  18. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Some would say it does. NOT me ;)

Radu and SAFE4NOW like this.
  19. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    And therein lies the problem, and it was caused/perpetrated by Montezemolo.

tbakowsky likes this.
  20. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Since this thread is somewhat off the rails, what the heck, do you have a citation for this? I read statements like this all the time, and my Google comes up wanting.

T

21. Booker

Booker Formula 3

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    I don't mean you do all work yourself, but I would expect to be involved and aware of my car and all work being done. newer cars practically have to go to dealer, but you can still be a part of the process in regards to decisions and information. this program seems to appeal to those simply trusting the Ferrari logo and not worrying further. Not a bad thing, just not as passionate as others

tomc and Jakuzzi like this.
  22. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know

So , I'm confused......

Are you just trying to stir up conversation or do you really feel this way?

PLENTY of Ferrari owners are actively engaged in the maintenance and upkeep of their Ferrari. They are not " simply trusting " Ferrari ( Logo ) there is a well established relationship in place. New owners, long term owners, 2018 owners to vintage owners, old owners to young... all are engaged at varying levels assoctated with their personal comfort level.

I am not sure how this translates to passion?

And are you taking the antagonist position with your post are you as anti-Ferrari as this statement came across ( to me ) :

" The irony is that this program appeals to general exotic owners, not passionate Ferrari fans. This is inline with selling more models, at higher volumes, in growing global markets. Money is the root of all evil... "

Because now what the brand is doing is evil for offering value adders for clients that have been actively engaged in the care of their Ferrari's?

S

p.s. Booker, please forgive me if I misinterpreted your sentiments.

Texas Forever and Nospinzone like this.
  23. Booker

Booker Formula 3

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    Absolutely, I am against the future of Ferrari especially in terms of sales. Too many models, too many produced, delivered to too many 'new' markets.

I don't see it as value adding for owners, but I do see how someone might feel better about gaining a title or certificate for something they already do

I know this, and I would argue that the new program points more towards the logo than the individual car. I see the program as benefitting prospective owners in the future NOT current owners that already take care of their car.

Boomhauer and Jakuzzi like this.
  24. Booker

Booker Formula 3

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    But yes... and yes ;)

25. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner