" Ferrari Premium" programme | FerrariChat

" Ferrari Premium" programme

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by SAFE4NOW, Mar 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    This new program was discussed during the Dealer meetings earlier this year.

In short, it is a program to reward owners of 20 year and newer Ferrari's that have maintained their Ferrari to a higher standard than just changing the oil once a year and calling it " serviced "

Ferrari has outlined a list of models and then associated parts that once replaced as preventive maintenance
    will result in a certificate. These certificates help when the time comes that an owner wants to apply for Classiche. Or more importantly , if the times comes to sell your Ferrari, that you have an even more valuable service history packet to offer potential buyers!

The Ferrari Premium programme involves the Ferrari cars listed in the table below and includes the replacement of components subject to wear in the following vehicle systems:
    • power steering system;
    • engine lubrication system;
    • engine fuel system;
    • braking system.

The Ferrari models eligible for the programme are:

360 Modena (all versions) 612 Scaglietti
    F430 (all versions) 612 Scaglietti Sessanta
    456 GT / GTA 612 One to One
    456 M GT / GTA 599 GTB Fiorano
    550 Maranello 599 SA Aperta
    550 Barchetta 599 GTO
    575 Maranello Enzo
    575 Superamerica

" The Customer may monitor the progress of the three indicators given above, within the 'MyFerrari' reserved area of the 'auto.ferrari.com' website; once the target of 100% for each of them has been reached, the customer may request the issue of a 'Ferrari Premium Certificate' from the authorised Ferrari Dealer/Repairer. "

Thoughts?

S

Attached Files:

paulchua likes this.
  2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Steve...Sounds interesting. You left a few models out from the PDF
    Would certainly be a plus, all else being equal, for folks looking @ the affected models.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    T

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  3. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    #3 miurasv, Mar 29, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    Having spent the money at the the authorised dealer servicing the car and replacing parts as indicated, therefore satisfying the criteria, is there a cost to the issuance of the Ferrari Premium Certificate? Also when in possession of the Ferrari Premium Certificate, is there a discount on Classiche Certification?

SAFE4NOW and Texas Forever like this.
  4. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Do we know what the parts are for the basket?

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  5. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    This seals the deal for me. Ferrari's greed and avarice knows no limit. They say never say never, but I will never, ever buy another Ferrari. Any company that hates its customers is not getting any money from me. I'm so sick and tired of EVERYBODY hoovering even the lint out of my pockets.

imahorse, kes7u, Jaguar36 and 4 others like this.
  6. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    I really don’t see the incentive.

My M GTA is 20 years old this year. Getting the certificate would mean quite an outlay. Especially for something that would have negligible impact on its resale value. And if my car ever goes through Classiche, it won’t be by me.

Texas Forever likes this.
  7. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    There is no additional charge for the Certificate.

I am waiting on an answer to the Classiche question and will respond asap when I find out.

S

miurasv likes this.
  8. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know

As soon as I have access, you may send me your chassis number and I am happy to send you a PM with the details!

S

9. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know

I'm confused..

Are you saying that you do not maintain your vehicles and that if you did maintain them , preventatively, or otherwise, you would not want to be given credit for doing so? For FREE?

This program is not a requirement. This is an incentive to take care of your car. You would even get discounted parts pricing from Ferrari if you need to replace listed parts. So again, Ferrari is giving up money to help an owner maintain their car. ( Far from "grabbing money" )

Most clients are already doing what is needed to get this certificate and this program is adding more value to those clients.

If you on the other hand are so angry and mad at the marque, that you wouldn't maintain your Ferrari , then I can agree, you wouldn't be a good fit as a brand ambassador anyways..

S

10. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    When you say quite an outlay, what do you mean? Do you mean that you have deferred maintenance or repairs that have not been performed? Then yes, you would need to spends some money. But then again, as I mentioned above, Ferrari is discounting the parts pricing on the listed parts. I for one will be discounting labor as well to make it even easier for the owner.

Also, when you say negligible impact, it seems that you are implying that a buyer would pay price for Ferrari A that has never had preventive repairs performed VS Ferrari B , that HAS had the items addressed.
    EX: One has a belt service done the other does not ... both have the same value?

Not to mention this program JUST launched, what are you basing your opinion on?

I am asking, not arguing , I am interested in your opinions and thoughts... really!

LMK

S

11. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know

12. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    No confusion here. Texas forever and killer 58s Post was loud and clear and to the point. Kudos for how you spun it though.

Texas Forever and anunakki like this.
  13. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Seems to me, this is a program just to fill the service bays.

imahorse, dflett, technom3 and 5 others like this.
  14. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Lolololololol

This is one of the funniest things I’ve seen from a business. So transparent one can only laugh. The spin just makes it funnier and funnier.

Gotta love the cajones of this company!

(Although their actions are certainly understandable given how their customers react to what they are selling)

Texas Forever and 308 milano like this.
  15. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    If they really want to play to their strengths, they should offer a program to certify Ferrari’s as “official garage queen hardly driven”. Now that would be valuable!

16. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I have my car serviced by a mechanic with a wall full of Ferrari certifications, but he no longer works at a Ferrari dealership. If the services are completed by a certified independent mechanic is that acceptable?

17. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    This has nothing to do with how I maintain my cars. It has everything to do with Ferrari wanting to suck every last dime it can out of my pocket.

18. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    The only reason I still have my CS (aside from it's a brilliant steer), is it is money in the bank. I bought a McLaren and the dealers actually treat you like a valued customer, rather than another wallet to empty.

19. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I would guess the discount would be the same as afforded to autoshops. 15-20%?

20. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Ask yourself. What if an ower does all this himself or uses an independent? Will Ferrari recognize it? I doubt it. Look, I get it. The business model of a Ferrari dealership is very dependent on service. They're gonna have to do it without my money.

21. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    And many others. People dont fo back to the dealers once the car is out of warranty in most cases. They want those clients back. Lets face it. Ferrari cars have become pretty reliable over the last number of years. Almost (but not quite) appliance like. No more timing belts jobs to fill the bays for example. This appears to be away to lure people back to the dealer who own older ferrari's. Only part they miss is the one on one relationship an independant can provide.

SAFE4NOW and Texas Forever like this.
  22. Llenroc

Llenroc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Vern
    Couldn’t agree more, I thought I have heard everything lol. I have owned Ferrari’s continuelessly for over 30 years love the cars and the history but Ferrari does not give a s..t about me unless I have lots of money in my hand. You would think a company who’s products probably have the highest “it’s still on the road” percentage that they would care more than do about guys that own the 2nd hand cars. They need to take notes on Porche, Corvette, Ford and how they view their costumers new and 2nd hand.
    On a side note I have always done all my service work myself; one because I like being involved in my machinery and two I don’t trust a dealer to do the work correctly(please except my apologies to techs that know there stuff but, it is tuff to know the good from the not so good)

imahorse, killer58 and Texas Forever like this.
  23. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I'm sure I already qualify for this. ~shrug~

24. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    #24 SAFE4NOW, Apr 1, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2019

Though your comment about " Dealerships " is pretty generic IMO

Ask any of out Service clients if we fit that description, I doubt you will find anyone that subscribes to your broad opinion.

NOT saying there aren't , just not all of us are the same.

And I think you are correct, it is an attempt to get clients back into the shop.
    By discounting the parts they are already using or installing on their cars anyways , then adding value by doing so.

S

DIGMAN52 likes this.
  25. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    I am personally sorry you feel this way. Sounds like it's warranted due to you personal experience. I wish would could have met sooner.

S