News

Ferrari Pics, But Not Necessarily 365/400/412

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by OttoB, Feb 23, 2016.

1. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL

Attached Files:

samsaprunoff and rubenpadron like this.
  2. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    Brian Redman, an accomplished driver of the 60's - 70's, organizes an event every year down at the local racetrack, Palm Beach International Raceway (PBIR - http://www.racepbir.com) also known as the former Moroso Speedway and Drag Raceway. His event is called Targa 66 - https://www.gorace.com and its meant for enthusiasts to exercise their racing machinery in a friendly atmosphere. I have attended (and will next month as well) for a number of years and below is a pic from one of them which I do not believe have been posted before.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

samsaprunoff likes this.
  3. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL

Attached Files:

Jasonberkeley likes this.
  4. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    The green is a 330 P2 Replica owned by Larry Wilson and you can find articles on it all over Google -

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2019/11/08/ferrari-330-p2-replica-owes-running-gear-to-1965-330-gt

Here is a link to the My Classic Car episode filmed while I was there which indicates that the Ferrari F1 with blue wheels was a 1.5 liter from 1965:

Now that I think about it, the GTO in the screen shot does not have any numbers and modern mirrors, so the episode may feature the same/substantially same cars at a previous year - Larry Wilson also owns the F1 1.5 ltr and his warehouse is located 5 mins. from PBIR.

5. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    In furtherance of the upcoming Cavallino show next week, here are some pics from the show a couple of years ago... which I happen to be fortunate enough to live maybe some 5 minutes away... Ever since our current president got elected, the opening night party at the executive airport has been postponed, once the hardest ticket in town to get! Essentially, the Secret Service does not want numerous cars and crowds in the area where Air Force 1 lands periodically. So, these pics in the dark were taken the Thursday before the show (on Saturday) at the Breakers Hotel's parking lot.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

6. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL

Attached Files:

7. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL

Attached Files: