Ferrari owners of Knoxville? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari owners of Knoxville?

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by tnferrariowner, Jan 30, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tnferrariowner

tnferrariowner Karting

Jan 30, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Full Name:
    David
    Dhinkle - it is already in my diary and I will be there! That day is my birthday so there is no better way to start the day with fast cars and coffee!!! I look forward to seeing all the cars in Knoxville.

2. Engineer

Engineer Karting

Dec 22, 2004
    Well I have been away from the forum for a week and missed out on the Sunday thing. Actually I was on a plane to Detroit. Next time. I usually show up at Cars & Coffee. Live off Choto Road, out Northshore.
    Welcome to area. There are other Fcars around. a 430 and another TR.
    Ron
    86TR
    911GT2

3. umsneeze

umsneeze Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Ron-
    Was that you I saw going the other way on Northshore Sunday afternoon? Looks like I wasn't the only one with the idea for a drive once the rain stopped. That was the fun part. Finding a coolant leak when I got home...not so fun.

4. Engineer

Engineer Karting

Dec 22, 2004
    if you were in the red 308, then that was me. was out for a run (literally, two-legged, 4 miles, huffing/puffing). days are getting longer

5. umsneeze

umsneeze Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    That was me in the 308. I was considering going for a run that afternoon but decided to take the car out instead. Never thought about combining the two events. Talk about efficiency.

6. GeorgeDodson

GeorgeDodson Karting

Feb 12, 2008
    Oak Ridge, TN
    Full Name:
    George Dodson
    Hi. I just saw this thread. I live in Oak Ridge and have an 81 308 GTSi. She is off the road for a little while longer I slipped a couple teeth on the 5-8 timing belt and bent all 4 exhaust valves. The engine is repaired and back in the car. I need another 5-10 hoiurs to finish hooking everything back up. You are right about the fun of screaming around the back roads in Roane county.

7. umsneeze

umsneeze Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Hi George,
    Hope you get the car back up and running. You'll have to bring it to the next Car and Coffee gathering. We had a TR, 360, 360CS. I'm still sorting a coolant leak in my 308 (and brought something else to the show) but should have it for the next one in May.

Seems to be a reasonable base of Ferrari owners around and some great roads to take advantage of!

Andy

8. tnferrariowner

tnferrariowner Karting

Jan 30, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Full Name:
    David
    Hello all F owners of Knoxville. The Australian F1 is coming up on Sunday March 29 and there is a delayed telecast at 4:30pm on Speed. Would anyone be up for a gathering in the mid afternoon, possibly a drive around the roads around Knoxville and then meet up somewhere to watch the telecast together at a pub? I would be keen as it is my home circuit!

9. umsneeze

umsneeze Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    You know I'm up for it. As long as the leak on my car is sorted (seems to be) I'll join you. If it's not sorted, I'll take the Porsche and wear my Ferrari hat.

10. Conbon3

Conbon3 Karting

Apr 29, 2007
    Cars and Coffee is at European Auto Garage this Saturday at 9 am until 12. See you all there. :)

11. fingolfin

fingolfin Formula 3

Apr 23, 2007
    I'm just curious... is European Auto Garage where LNS Motorsports used to be?

I grew up in Knoxville and actually had a job offer from them that didn't pan out. Just wondering if or why they didn't make it. Also, last summer I saw a red F430 with Vanderbilt plates driving down Kingston Pike near Sequoyah Hills. Is that anyone on here?

12. Conbon3

Conbon3 Karting

Apr 29, 2007
    Yes. It's where it use to be.

13. tnferrariowner

tnferrariowner Karting

Jan 30, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Full Name:
    David
    Guys,

There is a Chattanooga Cars and Coffeeon the 29th of October. Is anyone interested in heading down for it and if so, do you want to convoy down? It would be good to support that group and also check out the cars and make new friends for future driving days?

I hope you will all consider it!

David

14. chay4

chay4 Rookie

Jul 1, 2009
    I moved from Knoxville to West TN a few years ago but remember seeing several 430s and 360s driving around in the Turkey Creek area in addition to the usual 911s and GTRs. The guys at the European Auto Garage are great and the cars and coffee gatherings there are always enjoyable.

15. MannyMendoza14

Oct 15, 2014
    Knoxville
    Dear Ferrari Owners in Tennessee,

I am a young man named Manny Mendoza looking to pursue a dream of becoming a very successful business owner after graduating from college. I am from Austin (TX), and here for school in the Knoxville area. The reason why I am reaching out to you all today is because of my goals in life, and one of those is owning a Ferrari. Since I was a little boy I've always wanted to own a Ferrari along with several other cars. I know in order to achieve my goals I must work very hard towards them, and also reach out to others for advice and help. Well, this is where I want to ask from the Ferrari club, if by any possible chance I could maybe come see one of your beautiful Ferrari's, and maybe get a ride down the corner so that I will continue to have a drive in my goals. I am turning 21 this year on December 14th, and it would be a dream come true to be able to sit in a Ferrari and get a ride down the street. If by any chance this could be possible please contact me!

Respectfully,
    Manny Mendoza
    "Future Success Story"
    [email protected]

16. DaveC20853

DaveC20853 Karting

May 22, 2006
    Come to the Cars and Coffee at Westtown Mall Sunday morning. There are usually a few F cars there. You might have to search for them though, there are usually several hundred cars of all types there.

17. joestucazz

joestucazz Rookie

Sep 13, 2010
    NJ
    Looks like this thread is several years old, so hopefully more Ferrari owners in Knoxville since then. I might be moving to the Knoxville area and debating whether to bring my 458 spider down (F8 Spider coming in March). Anyone else in the Lenoir City area that owns a Ferrari? I'm curious to know where they get their car serviced or if they meet up.

wthensler likes this.
  18. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    I don’t live there, but spent a few weeks touring around in the 458 Spider, especially Graham County and eastern TN. Roads are great. Not sure I’d have the courage to take a new F8 Spider on The Tail, but you’ll love it on the Cherohala Highway.

Don’t know about service - Atlanta may be your best bet! Feel free to reach out to me, when I’m back in the area we can connect......
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

joestucazz likes this.
  19. joestucazz

joestucazz Rookie

Sep 13, 2010
    NJ
    Good taste in 458 Spider. Mine is White with Cuoio interior, Yellow Calipers and I had the roof and A pillars Wrapped in black Carbon Vinyl.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

wthensler likes this.
  20. Ryan Flesher

Ryan Flesher Rookie

Jan 22, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ryan Flesher
    Hello
    I live in Lenoir City and I have a California (but going to trade soon for a 488) and an R8 and a new 911. Would be cool to do some driving this spring.
    Ryan
    [email protected]

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app