Ferrari owners of Knoxville? | FerrariChat

Ferrari owners of Knoxville?

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by tnferrariowner, Jan 30, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tnferrariowner

tnferrariowner Karting

Jan 30, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Full Name:
    David
    Hello,

I am new to the site, to the USA and to Knoxville. So, I apologise in advance if my questions are obvious to others.

I just purchased a 360 Modena from out of state and it is due to arrive hopefully this weekend. I was wondering as to whether anyone in the Knoxville area or surrounds also owned a Ferrari? Also, where would the closest Ferrari club event be from me - are they in Nashville or Chattanooga?

Thanks for any help or advice that anyones gives me in advance.

2. Smyrna355Spider

Smyrna355Spider F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 9, 2008
    In my Garage
    Full Name:
    Scott
    There are several of us in the Nashville area if you make this way but I can only think of one person "newgentry" who is frequently posting here and he is from the Johnson city area in east Tn. Hope that helps. Oh, and there are a few gentlemen from Chattanooga as well. I am sure you will make contact with some local owners. Good Luck

3. swilliams

swilliams Formula 3

Jun 14, 2006
    Bowling Green, KY
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Welcome to the USA!! What brought you here? Job, family, just for the hell of it?

Try to make it to one of the meets in Nashville, its just starting up and getting some momentum already. (and thats with cold ****ty weather) Wait till summer and it should be a real blast.

Later,
    Scott
    00 360

4. newgentry

newgentry Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2007
    Johnson City, TN
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Welcome. dcate is down your way, and is a frequent poster, there's a few of us up here in the Tri-Cities. Also take a cruise through the North Carolina part of the forum, there are several guys up around the Asheville/Blowing Rock area. Send us a pic of your car when it gets here, I'd love to see it.

5. Island Time

Island Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 18, 2004
    E. TN
    Full Name:
    David
    #5 Island Time, Jan 31, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
    Welcome to Knoxville and congratulation on your new car! Has it arrived yet?

I'd like to see it sometime. Let's go for a drive, Knoxville will never be the same. I live off Kingston Pike in the Beardon area close to Papermill Rd exit.

I'll PM you w/ my number.

Dave
    '88 328 gts

I know theres' at least one other (beautiful) 360 in town, theres' a TR (I think not far from where I live which I've NOT SEEN YET :(, a 550 and a red 330gtc. Maybe some of these guys'll speak up...I think it might would be cool to get these cars together.

6. tnferrariowner

tnferrariowner Karting

Jan 30, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Full Name:
    David
    Hello dcate,

The car arrives on Monday afternoon. Apparently the transport company is dropping another Ferrari off in Nashville on Monday morning and then coming to drop mine off in the afternoon. I am looking forward to getting it.

Will call you after it arrives. I got your number - thanks!

7. Island Time

Silver Subscribed

Dec 18, 2004
    E. TN
    Full Name:
    David
    I hope you do. I'll be looking forward to hearin' from ya asap after it arrives.

(This is big news! I'm excited and it's not even my car. ;))

8. Island Time

Silver Subscribed

Dec 18, 2004
    E. TN
    Full Name:
    David
    And if you need any help Monday let me know, I'll be around ;)

9. umsneeze

umsneeze Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    I'd be up for a drive too, although not sure if my 308 can keep up with the 360! There's also a Cars and Coffee gathering the first Saturday of every other month, the next will be in March at Euro Auto garage off of Sherway and Parkside drive.

10. m3mike

m3mike Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2006
    Knoxville, TN
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I had a 360, traded for a Gallardo and currently driving a Maserati QP. There are a few F cars in town.
    Enjoy your 360, they are a great car.

11. tnferrariowner

tnferrariowner Karting

Jan 30, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Full Name:
    David
    Guys,

As it seems like it is going to be a nice day on Sunday, perhaps if people are free, those who can can meet in Turkey Creek, the Northshore Tavern, etc or the like on Sunday afternoon at 3pm for a drink? We could even meet somehwre and drive together somewhere? Is anyone keen as I am in if you guys are?

David.

12. Island Time

Silver Subscribed

Dec 18, 2004
    E. TN
    Full Name:
    David
    There's some good roads not far from that area. No traffic, great condition, and pretty scenery. Not that long a drive either.
    ? We'll use David's 360 as our radar detector :D I"m up for anything. On public roads, faster doesnt' always mean funner. Think you'd be up for a sunday get together umsneeze? That'd be 3 Ferraris...

Never seen a Gallardo before. Would enjoy seeing it sometime. Three Ferrari's and a Gallardo...

Anyone else?

Dave

13. umsneeze

umsneeze Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    I'd be up for a little drive Sunday. Provided the weather improves! Not sure how far you guys were thinking, but I've got a couple hours I can get free on Sunday (i.e. no chores).

Andy

14. tnferrariowner

tnferrariowner Karting

Jan 30, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Full Name:
    David
    I only have a couple of hours too. How about we meet at around 2:30pm at Starbucks on Sunday in Turkey Creek (large car park without too many people). Anyone can come. We can just catch up or go for a drive from there to another location for a beer. I got to be back by 5pm that day as I have people coming around at 6pm.

15. umsneeze

umsneeze Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Sounds good to me. Anybody else in?

16. Island Time

Silver Subscribed

Dec 18, 2004
    E. TN
    Full Name:
    David
    I'm in :)

anyone else?

17. Lee-'78_308

Lee-'78_308 Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2003
    Maryville, TN
    Full Name:
    Gary Lee Pierce
    Anyone bringing a Mondial? Andy?

I'm am getting a serious itch, and have this idea that a Mondial might make a good re-entry into the Ferrari world as a daily driver. Perhaps I could bum a ride...

18. umsneeze

umsneeze Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    I've got a 308 to bring, so no Mondial. Marshall classics (or something like that) off of I 40 near downtown has a Mondial for sale. I haven't looked in person, but from the internet it shows some promise.

19. tnferrariowner

tnferrariowner Karting

Jan 30, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Full Name:
    David
    #19 tnferrariowner, Feb 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    It was such a lovely day today that we took the car for a spin to Gatlinburg - it was a great drive and lots of fun for its first sort of longer drive out and about. Managed to score some interesting parking....the car also got dirty from all the roadworks on the way....see some people tomorrow at Starbucks at 2:30pm...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. tnferrariowner

tnferrariowner Karting

Jan 30, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Full Name:
    David
    #20 tnferrariowner, Feb 8, 2009
    Thanks to Andy and David (and my friend Stuart who came along for the fun) who turned up in Turkey Creek for coffee and a scream through some back rounds in Roane County.....three beautiful red cars lined up outside Starbucks before the run....oh, what a life!

21. Lee-'78_308

Lee-'78_308 Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2003
    Maryville, TN
    Full Name:
    Gary Lee Pierce
    Beautiful cars, everyone! The 308 is such a classic and stunning exotic. The 360 moved car design 3 steps forward...absolutely gorgeous. Your cars are so SHINY! Nice showing, in Knoxville of all places.

What is that to the left of the 328? A trike? Very unusual looking rear lights...

22. umsneeze

umsneeze Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Great run! Driving the elder car of the group, I'm always worried about new noises etc. When we got on the interstate, every once in a while as I was accelerating I heard a new sound, high pitched shriek. Nothing seemed amiss, so I kept going. When we turned off the interstate, I realized what I was hearing was the 360 in front of me! Great sounding car!

And hands off to Dcate in the 328: through a feat of dexterity not seen by me before, he managed to remove his targa top and stow it while sitting at a stop sign WITHOUT getting out of the car!

23. Island Time

Silver Subscribed

Dec 18, 2004
    E. TN
    Full Name:
    David
    #23 Island Time, Feb 8, 2009
    It was such a beautiful day the thought came to "get this top off now!". Fortunately that thought was immediately followed by..."Oh yeah, maybe it's best that I wait 'till we're stopped." :D

Two Australians with a new 360 here now Lee. Knoxville just took a big step toward becoming THE VERY cosmopolitan place to be!

It was the most modern-looking one I'd ever seen. Looked like a Goldwing, maybe an 1800? It was VERY modern looking, not aged at at all. (Come with us next time).

Looking up and seeing this is enough to make any man ...uh..."scream" too ;)...

24. Island Time

Silver Subscribed

Dec 18, 2004
    E. TN
    Full Name:
    David
    It was great. The perfect way to spend a beautiful Sunday afternoon

I learned tonight that turning right out of the subdivision is one of "the most beautiful drives in Roane County...water, hills, straights and loops back to where we started out. Food for thought :D

25. Dhinkle

Dhinkle Rookie

Nov 3, 2008
    Great photos. Our next "Cars and Coffee" is scheduled for March 7th. For more information, go to www.EuropeanAutoGarage.com. We are located at 227 Sherway Road in Knoxville. We had 85 cars for the December gathering. One of our customers just purchased a new Audi R8 and will be at the event.