Ferrari of San Francisco, wow... really? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Ferrari of San Francisco, wow... really?

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by xavior, Sep 27, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sledge4.2

Sledge4.2 F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2007
    Marin
    Full Name:
    Geno
    i was treated like a zero when i dropped in to FoSF, but i was not driving my fcar, but a beater instead, so i expected it.

Geno

2. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    #77 SonomaRik, Oct 6, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
    I bought my first Ferrari, which I still own, from Ferrari of San Francisco.

I knew Brad [over 10 years now], well before that event, before I felt comfortable to venture in and 'pull the trigger' [of course my deal was deciding on WHAT Ferrari meant, what it would do for me and what I was in terms of a Ferrari: it was the Mondial T, for many reasons. I'm getting braver now to explore other models]

Here's the deal: WITHOUT Brad's assistance, and personal interaction with me, it never would have happened. I'd stop in many times, and he took the time to tell me the TRUE, ins-and-outs of the models I was considering. He WAS my FERRARI-CHAT. I read a lot and came back to him. He told me like an ally. He also showed me how the community could/should/and-is about me.

He helped me, bending over backwards, to get me into a car......never would have happened otherwise. He sorted the car out. he gave me a GREAT deal with the one proviso: "I want to hear reports of this car being driven, that's part of the deal, NO Garage queens" [The car was 13 years old with an average of 700/year....HORRIBLE use of a car]. I've tripled it's miles as of today as it's a 'daily' driver, its < 40k miles now is due to my other cars I change with.

I'm not saying Brad is 'the' sales persons, but my first association with Brad was dating a Porsche sales manager, who, made me understand just what a typical 'car sales person' meant [ :( %(#(%* ] ... but for me he was great, personal, direct, honest!!! and stood by his word through actions.

I'm sorry for your poor experience at FofSF: I know they are busy, I see Brad and the gang constantly bouncing about helping people on line, phones, etc.....
    YES you should have been helped better, and yes, I'll just bet things get better.

As they are a factory dealership, none other in the entire US as far as I know, and at one time not too long ago, NONE in the world save them.
    So I understand. They have a desire to truly place persons into Ferraris, not trying to screw one over [ask me how I know].

As for FoSV, saying anything unfairly and not directly to them first, but on the boards, is not good. IF you want a PM on my thoughts concerning them, I'll be very free to offer them. My tendency is to not 'diss' someone openly, on the 'endless-tubes' of the Internet, but I will praise in public.

I would/will continue to go back to FoSF as it stands today.

3. mjw599

mjw599 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jul 30, 2008
    A Chinese Democracy
    Not heard back from email to you, get it OK?

4. xavior

xavior Formula 3

Aug 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    I want to publicly apologize for this thread. I had a while to really think this over. I took some time to sit back in SF before I left the country and watch how people were around shops like this in general. I had another cigar next to FoSF :) and a coffee next to the big lambo dealer in the city. The one with the 599 I believe. I also sat by Gucci in San Jose and strolled around that mall area... forgot the name. I did all this because in the end we are all Ferrari lovers here for the most part. This was due diligence on my side for FoSF. My original post was an emotional post when it should have been a better thought out approach. The conclusion I came to...

Culture differences.

Here in Japan the guest interaction is heavily monitored. I was spoiled to this and expected the same in a totally different country. Even thought I am an American, I have been out of the country for a VERY long time. I had no right to judge. While keeping my mouth shut and observing, I notice the people who walk around the FoSF tend to look at it like a museum or attraction to fill their dreams and very few went in to actually do business. An unfamiliar face walks in and well... if you meant business I am sure it would have been taken the right way. I walked in ready to buy but the masses may have spoiled and opportunity for both me and the dealership. This is the give and take of the business I guess.

I can not speak for anyone in here and I do not know how you were treated here. There was a follow up email from FoSF to me and that was very admirable. Thank you.

So I want to take this time to say excuse me for my words and I hope that when times get better in the US so will the Ferrari sales. I was wrong and it was not my place to complain.

Kind Regards,
    Xav

5. Sledge4.2

Sledge4.2 F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2007
    Marin
    Full Name:
    Geno
  6. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    please keep the bananas out of your pocket...

7. M3 S3-R

M3 S3-R Rookie

Jan 21, 2007
    Please I've dealt with Brad, I don't think he knows the what customer service is. He just there to bend you over with no lube and stuff you in a car. Get real.

8. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Wow. That's cool. Who the f**k are you?

9. xavior

xavior Formula 3

Aug 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    I don't get it.

10. mjw599

mjw599 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jul 30, 2008
    A Chinese Democracy

Dan was being crude and sexual. But he is from Man Jose, so we kind of expect it.
    Thank goodness he didn't comment on your cigar and "Monica"

11. xavior

xavior Formula 3

Aug 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    #86 xavior, Nov 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    If you had met him, you would get it.

Art

13. Theplanet

Theplanet Rookie

Jan 24, 2008
    Guys, I have to say, honestly, I have found Brad and the other folks there to be great. No joke. They have always been courteous and attentive without being a pain. Sounds like there is some mixed baggage out there, and everyone's experience is different, but they have always been great in my dealings with them

14. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    #89 SonomaRik, Dec 3, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2008
    Not the Brad most of us know

15. JonRobertQuinn

JonRobertQuinn Karting

Dec 10, 2006
    El Dorado Hills, CA
    I read this, thought about it and read it again... here's my take.

How does somebody walk into a dealer not get service, then walk outside, smoke a cigar for 45 minutes and not realize that they closed the building...

1) There are business hours posted on the building
    2) How do you not realize they are locking the doors, getting into cars and leaving
    3) Who smokes a cigar for 45 minutes in front of a dealership and doesnt see what is going on around him?

I have been to many many Ferrari dealerships in my day, and every Ferrari dealer I have been to, isnt like a Toyota dealer with a line of vultures standing there calling their "UPs" when youre pulling in. If they are busy, they are busy. You wait in the lobby. After ten minute, all you need to do is walk up to the nearest person, and ask them who youre writing the check to. They WILL listen.

Did you see the car you wanted? Did you see the sign posted "Please do not sit it. Ask for assistance." This is when you move the sign and get it. When they walk up with the friendly "Can I help you?" You respond with, Yes, Ill take it.

Its done... Remember the old movie Waynes World? Remember when he wanted the Stratocaster. I dont recall him going outside and wandering around until somebody helped him. You want it.... then buy it.

I really dont think you were that serious in the purchase... you really wanted it, but there were a lot of second thoughts or you wouldnt have let it get away from you.

Its like a business opportunity or a job you really really want. You dont walk into the interview room and say, when youre ready, Ill be out front smoking a cigar. You go after it and take it.

Just my take... Good luck in the future...

16. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Easy, it was a very "special" cigar. He grew the tobacco himself. ;)

17. JonRobertQuinn

JonRobertQuinn Karting

Dec 10, 2006
    El Dorado Hills, CA
    Really...huh... Some things really amaze me...

18. xavior

xavior Formula 3

Aug 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Read my post again. But this situation has been cleared up on my side already. Unless you are trolling, no need to worry about it.

19. Phil@SFSportsCars

Sep 12, 2008
    Bay Area, CA/NY
    I have nothing but positive things to say about Ferrari SF, Brad, Evan or Mark. There are very few "true enthusiasts" left in the car business, and Brad and Evan truly take the cake. Xavier, are you the gentleman who purchased a pre-owned black H3 from San Rafael HUMMER? I believe you may have test driven my Black Gallardo while I was on vacation back in April.

20. Phil@SFSportsCars

Sep 12, 2008
    Bay Area, CA/NY
    You obviously do not know Brad beyond what was probably a fluke incident at Ferrari SF. Whether you care for their dealership or not, a personal attack of this nature is un-called for. Brad is an asset to the Ferrari community.

21. xavior

xavior Formula 3

Aug 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    I have made my peace with this thread and publicly said sorry. I did pick up that hummer and I did test drive your car. A great car it is and you should be selling it for more then you are asking. If I had the liquid at that time I would have picked it up. I just picked up a CS here but I would be interested in selling your car here in Japan as they want allot more then what you are asking. SR Hummer went out of their way to help me get a car...2 actually with no credit. So, let me say that I was wrong to jump the gun. And thank you for letting me drive your car. Unfortunately I was poor in the US. All the best and if you are still selling your car let me know via PM and I would be more then happy to put it up here in Japan.