Ferrari of San Francisco, wow... really? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari of San Francisco, wow... really?

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by xavior, Sep 27, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fred997TT

fred997TT Karting

Mar 4, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Fred Courtot

oops, my bad. Had test drive for the new Maserati GranTurismo. Had a long Saturday night ;)

2. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    I am sorry that you had a bad experience with them. I have only seen the exact opposite, and I only bought a lowly 328 many years ago. Whenever I have been in the lower 48 and stopped by, they have had plenty of time for me and even taken me to lunch. They even called ahead to the service department to let me look at an Enzo a few years ago. I receive personal emails and letters from them and invitations to events (though they know I can not attend, the gesture is nice). I am no high roller, just a hick from Alaska, but they treat me like a king. They know that there is no way I can let them do the service on my car or that I probably will never buy another Ferrari, but I am still a VIP when I am there.

You do have the advantage to take your business anywhere you want, and there seems to be a few other good choices close by. Hopefully, you will be in a new car soon and enjoying it. That is the most important.

3. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Ok, again Bill, no offense, but Brad and Evan will have more customers than they'll ever know what to deal with. They will *never* be lacking for business. The economy may be in the crapper, the demand for the cars will always be there. Always. FNA cut '09 allocations big time to the US to balance China/India and as a result they've made sure that they're sold out.

If he had a bad personal experience with Brad or Evan, fine. Not everyone gets along with everyone else. But deal with them first. I've never paid attention to whom any of the receptionists are, and I've never cared. I'm a lowly customer, they've treated me with more respect and grace than I deserve.

This is in no way a comment against Parris or Jason @ FoSV. They've gone WELL above the call of duty for me as well. In fact even after I didn't buy a car they're still fantastic. But this isn't about them, it's about FoSF. I'd be hard-pressed to believe the buyer here would say the same after interacting with them personally.

Just my opinion, worth as much as you paid for it. Probably less.

4. ferrari_jjc

ferrari_jjc Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2004
    I, along with friends have had mixed results with FoSF. I would prefer SVAG as I've used both and can honestly say Parris really knows how to care for his customers.

5. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    SVAG is not FoSV. Two very different organizations.

6. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill

Fair points.

7. Truckshoppe

Truckshoppe Rookie

Aug 23, 2006
    West Sacramento,Ca
    Full Name:
    Todd Lindenmuth
    #32 Truckshoppe, Sep 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Quote ( If you want to be somebody you buy a Ferrari but if you are somebody you drive a Lamborghini) I know this is F Chat but after that treatment I would go out and buy a Lamborghini.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    The last time a countach was considered cool, Sean Colms was known as Puffy :D

9. SuperVixen

SuperVixen Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2007
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Super Vixen
    Funny thing is, I was asked to mystery shop FoSF and the one in Redwood City because there have been similar complaints of poor customer service. I don't get how some sales people think they are too good for customers. I worked for a highline / exotic dealership for over 2 years and fortunately one of my co-workers warned me not to get jaded that way. Just because you sell 200k+ cars doesn't mean you're better than anyone else. I guess the good news is, corporate is aware and hopefully intend to make changes.

10. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    HAHAHA. Explain that to Vincent...

11. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    I'm not sticking up for them as I've had no dealings with them. But, what struck me about what you said was you talked to the "guys" at FofSF. Any reason you didn't get a name of the guy you spoke to and ask for him when you arrived? I agree they should have checked on you, but it seems like the receptionist is the one that dropped the ball.

12. xs10shl

xs10shl Formula 3

Dec 17, 2003
    San Francisco
    I've known both Brad and Evan for 10 years and have had good experiences. I'm sorry to hear that you were not treated well.

I'd suggest that using "I'm a member of Fchat" as your calling card with potential dealers is a net-neutral at best, and I'd venture to say that making a point of it will not enhance your reputation as a serious buyer, but rather label you as an enthusiast. This is not intended as a knock on this site - just calling it like I see it.

13. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    A negative without doubt.

Sorry but it is.

14. bratleyj

bratleyj Karting

May 26, 2004
    O.K. here goes nothing...I apologise Xavior for the rude way in which you were treated this past Saturday, it was unintentional. I was the person you spoke with on the phone and told you would be there in about 30 minutes driving the Hummer and I did indeed see you walk in to speak with the receptionist. The unfortunate part is that I was engaged with a client as was the only other salesperson in the store so we did not make contact. I saw you leave after speaking with the receptionist but did not hear what you spoke about, you appeared upset and I assumed you had gone. I closed the store at 4 P.M. as always and went to my vehicle so as to get home and changed for a charity event I was due to attend at 6 P.M. and as I left I did see your Hummer still in the lot. I had no way to know if you went to eat or any other number of other possible options but did not see you anywhere so continued to my event.

I have had similar experiences with business in the past and can only say that this is not our way and again, I am sorry we were not able to get together that day. If you want to try and reconnect, I will do everything to make myself available to you then.

Sincere regards,

Brad Goldstone
    Ferrari of San Francisco

15. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    I'll echo what bobafett already said. Personally I've have had nothing but the most positive experience possible. Give them another chance and I'm sure you'll be happy. With only 2 salespeople, and the traffic they get, I can see how this can happen. Buying a Ferrari is not like buying a Lexus for most people, it takes all day and then some (at least it did for me). I don't mean to imply this about you, only that I can see how Brad and/or Evan can get wrapped up in an all day thing with a new customer.

16. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Wow, you have the sales manager personally responding on an online forum to you. If that's not the height of courtesy, I don't know what is.

Hi Brad.

--Dan

17. cbreed

cbreed Formula Junior

May 10, 2005
    Jonestown, Tx
    Full Name:
    Charles
    Ferrari of San Francisco is a FNA owned factory drop zone. Unless you are a many many time repeat customer, you must shop elsewhere. You need to agree to their no-secondary flipping, no-resell policy, first-rights back to SoSF. I had a paid-in-full 430 from a guy who bought a car there - that night was told no deal and backed out. Go to Art Z's place in Redwood City, Paris is far far better people.

18. velocetwo

velocetwo F1 World Champ

Dec 11, 2006
    Left Coast
    You have a right to be upset.

At first I wasn't sure if you spoke directly to a salesman or manager, sounded like you may have only spoke to the receptionist, I was going to comment that if you want to be taken seriously you don't set up an appointment with a receptionist, you have the receptionist set up the appointment for you with a sales associate. But from reading the response it 's clear you spoke to the sales associate. Reading his response he indicates that he knew you were on the property, I don't care who he was with he should have had someone (receptionist or employee) take time to acknowledge you and explain that they are busy and would be a while. If this was not acceptable to you then you could reschedule a private meeting at a different time and date. If you wanted to wait they should have informed you how long it may be and when the store closes, giving you a choice.

The fact that the salesman knew you were on the property and didn't try to track you down is totally unacceptable, especially since he admits he saw your car there when he left. What he is saying in action is I don't really care about you and my time and schedule is much more important. Once he saw your hummer, even if he was leaving the premises he should have stopped and do a quick walk around to try and locate you. These are the actions of people who don't understand true customer service and have other priority's in life. Even the apology seems weak.

Reading all the other posts the market is speaking.

19. velocetwo

velocetwo F1 World Champ

Dec 11, 2006
    Left Coast

Coutesy??? His response was tenuous at best? He should have driven a 360 to the guys house to see if it was acceptable?

20. EVONick

EVONick Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2004
    Wow, we're almost at the 10 year anniversary of the "Dear Brad" thread on the old FerrariList, anybody here recall that one?

Regardless, Brad's only got 11 posts on FChat and one of them is an apology to the OP. Even if the exact wording is not to everyone's taste, I feel that such a prompt and personal response is admirable.

21. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Look, you guys can think what you want..... But, I always have a bit of respect for a man who can stand up and apologize and try and clarify things.

Simple -

22. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    HAHAHA. Right. No offense, but who gives a **** whether this guy buys a car or not? Seriously. Another buyer will come along just as quickly as this guy left.

You lot are WAY too self-involved. The sense of "accomplishment" and entitlement that seems to come with buying a halfway decent car is pretty amusing.

23. xs10shl

xs10shl Formula 3

Dec 17, 2003
    San Francisco
    Sometimes it's also tough to acknowledge that there are already customers ahead of you buying cars, and that you have to wait your turn because they are busy filling firm orders - I've been there myself. That happens sometimes, especially on Saturday. Lets face it - there are thousands of Ferrari customers and clients in the Bay Area, with only 2 dealerships which sell new cars, and I guess probably 150 cars allocated between them.

In addition, the sales process takes at least an hour, and that assumes you know exactly which car you want in advance. So showing up 45 minutes before the store closes expecting to drive home with a car is probably cutting it too close.

Not trying to make excuses here, just being realistic about the specifics of the situation.

24. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    The real question is, why was there only one salesman in the entire store at 3pm on a Saturday?

25. velocetwo

velocetwo F1 World Champ

Dec 11, 2006
    Left Coast
    Everyone should be treated well when purchasing a car. It is one of the largest purchases aside from a house that most people make. It's called customer service .....................