Ferrari of Qatar | FerrariChat

Ferrari of Qatar

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by MarkPDX, Jan 23, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    I'm gonna try and stop by in the next couple days and take a look around.... anybody have connections?

2. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    Ferrari Sales Manager in Doha is Egyptian and a very good friend of mine. His name is Mohamed Kandeel. The company is Sports Motors. If you need his email address or personal mobile phone number, just let me know. I will also let him know you will be visiting or calling. They are preparing for the Ferrari 60th anniversary which will be passing through Qatar in a few days.

3. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    Most excellent....... PM sent :)

4. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    All arranged, PM sent ;)

5. omarmakki

omarmakki Rookie

Sep 27, 2006
    Hey Tarek, Salamu 3alikum. Another Egyptian here :)

Now maybe you've read my post in this thread
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133200&page=3

Now, I'm really dying to know any info about when and where the relay is passing through Qatar. 'Cause I'll be in Qatar and would love to go and check out the relay. I would really appreciate it if you could get me any info from your friend there.

Thanks alot ya basha! :)

6. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    Hi, Omar

The event takes place today in Qatar, Feb. 1st. The relay leaves tomorrow moving to Saudi.

They will be in Cairo though on May 26th.

Where are you, in Cairo or somewhere else?

7. omarmakki

omarmakki Rookie

Sep 27, 2006
    Thanks alot for the quick reply, although that's a bit sad news! :( I wish I was there for it! :( Anyway, do you know when will it continue tomorrow and through which areas will it pass?

Yes, I'm in Cairo :) Are you sure the relay will pass through Cairo? I'll definitely be there inshallah!

8. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    Omar, yes, I am sure. Already discussed it with Ferrari of Egypt.

Here is a section of the original article stating all the countries they are visiting:

"From Abu Dhabi the long relay will proceed to Dubai, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, and Saudi Arabia. From the Emirates it will head east, to Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, China, Japan, Thailand, Indonesia, Taiwan, Australia, and New Zealand. From Oceania it will fly to South Africa and then on to Latin America, reach Mexico, and from there continue on to United States and Canada. Then to Europe, where it will cross Portugal, Spain, France, Luxembourg, Belgium, Holland, England, Greece, Russia, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovenia and Turkey. It will then touch Egypt and Lebanon, and finally to Italy, where it will touch all the main cities finally arriving, after a special ceremony in Rome, in Maranello."

Are you currently in Qatar. If you wish I will give you the phone number of Mohamed Kandeel, sales and marketing manager of Ferrari Qatar. He is a good friend of mine. I am sure he will take care of you.

Whereabouts in Cairo are you and what do you do? Your profile is kind of brief ;).
    PM me if you wish.

Best regards,

TK

9. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    #9 Tarek K., Feb 5, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017