Ferrari of central NJ | FerrariChat

Ferrari of central NJ

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by THE RED MENACE, Nov 20, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    I'm interested in a vehicle at the dealership ther but I am from across the country anyone have any suggestions on who to talk with there and also opinions of the dealership. Thanks

2. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    I have purchased two cars from them. Great people and great service. Ask for Joe or Nelson.

3. gmoney56

gmoney56 Karting

Dec 14, 2009
    Pat Cianci is a good guy.I purchased a car from him.Tell him Greg
    referred you from the FCA.

4. iferrari2014

iferrari2014 Rookie

Jun 24, 2014
    Joe and Nelson are no longer there. Also Charlie O'Connor from service has gone to Wide World Ferrari.

5. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    What about Danny from the service department ? Is he still there?

6. F60SA

F60SA Karting

Nov 15, 2014
    From a previous post from Clyde M. he is at Wide World as well. I believe he went there around July.

7. cashout1

cashout1 Rookie

Aug 26, 2010
    DANNY IS ALSO AT WIDE WORLD

8. cashout1

cashout1 Rookie

Aug 26, 2010
    SALES ASK FOR RYAN GRANT

9. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    I'll be in that neighborhood tomorrow. You still interested?

10. PeteyP

PeteyP Formula Junior

May 3, 2005
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Petey
    The employee turn over at Ferrari of NJ is an absolute joke.....

You go there for service or parts, try and establish a relationship with them...
    and the next time you go back, its all new people. Then repeat every 6 months....

not worth the hassel.

11. F60SA

F60SA Karting

Nov 15, 2014
    Danny and Charlie were there for over 6 years and just recently left - I think Dean in parts has been there for several years and has been with the brand forever

12. PhilB

PhilB Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2004
    NYC, USA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    +355, Pat's a good guy and very professional.

13. NA1MT

NA1MT Rookie

Oct 22, 2006
    Central Jersey
    Full Name:
    Ron
    The sales manager is Adel

14. shappy2

shappy2 Rookie

Nov 16, 2014
    Ryan would be my choice. He has been helping me over the last month or so and is extremely knowledgeable and answers all my questions quickly.

15. dailyferraridriver

dailyferraridriver Formula 3
    Owner

Nov 12, 2010
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Charlie left?

16. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    I buy Ferrari parts all over the world and I've had very pleasant business with their parts department for several years, they are very good. Unfortunately no experience with the sales team yet....

17. nietoale1

nietoale1 Karting

Dec 28, 2012
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Alex Nieto
    Talk to Pat, he is a nice guy...I bought my F360 with them...the rest of the guys that I know, left a couple of months ago and are at Wide World Ferrari. Including Dan Garbacz the service director and Charlie O'Connor. I am following the guys there to service my red lady. Good luck with your purchase!

18. F60SA

F60SA Karting

Nov 15, 2014
    Yea he went up to Wide World Ferrari

19. Hobacks427

Hobacks427 Karting

Nov 2, 2014
    North Jersey
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Yes - echo some of the previous sentiments, ask for Ryan Grant. Knowledgeable, quick response, enthusiastic in my working with him.

20. Xrayv8

Xrayv8 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Xray
    I have to strongly recommend Ryan Grant as well. He is extremely knowledgeable and helped me spec my perfect 458 besides the fact that he is a very nice guy.

I believe Penske is trying to rebuild the staff which always will have growing pains but hopefully they will become a strong dealership next year.

JP

21. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Don't worry about who is selling the car. Do your own research. PPI the car. No would never let the seller perform the PPI. If the car checks out make your deal. Forget about someone polishing your ass.

R

22. F430 Driver

F430 Driver Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2008
    Central New Jersey
    Agreed. Everyone I used to deal with at FCNJ is gone. I bought my 430 Spider there awhile back. Joe, Chris, Nelson and Charlie were all fantastic to work with back then.

More recently, promises made to me weren't kept because the conversations were prior to the new staff there. The problem is that if they can't keep their employees then the deals you make for future cars and relationships you have are gone once the staff turns over again.

I think at these ultra luxury types of dealers you have to really work to keep good employees on board and treat them well. I feel it is a relationship game. This is a broken process issue. You either have to keep your employees and if you don't have a process in place to maintain continuity you need to get one.

I'm not going to call anyone out by name but will say I tried to buy a car at Central Jersey recently and spend well over 300 grand. Let's just say follow up was just about non-existent. No phone calls were returned ever. Several emails all went without replies back. There were other balls dropped too. Sorry but I'm not chasing down anyone to spend my money. My business and my time are far too valuable.

I wrote a check for 350k+ a week later to another dealer for a car as they certainly seemed FAR more interested in making me a customer. This was in stark contrast to FCNJ who didn't follow up and to date, still hasn't!

Anyway that was my experience with them. Your mileage may vary. There is plenty of competition in the tri-state area and one can simply go wherever they feel their business is being earned. Wide World Ferrari, Miller Motorcars, Algar Ferrari, Ferrari of Long Island all choices in the area.

23. F60SA

F60SA Karting

Nov 15, 2014
    +1

24. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    I bought two cars from them back when the old crew was there. Chris, joe, Chris, Danny. Great service. I haven't dealt with the new people yet so I cannot tell. I guess a dealership is as good as the people that work for it.

25. PeteyP

PeteyP Formula Junior

May 3, 2005
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Petey
    +2

have had my car serviced there numerous times....
    and every single time, I had to deal with a different service rep.
    First Mike B who was a fukn azzhole that I can't stand for numerous reasons....
    Then Mark Resende who was awesome, but lasted all of 6 months, then Charlie, who was a very stand up and honest guy,
    who also gone now.

I'll stick with Dan and the amazing team at Bradan, where my car and I get treated like family.