Ferrari of Austin - Here it comes! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Ferrari of Austin - Here it comes!

Discussion in 'Texas' started by LiveFromNY, Jun 10, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    Trust me... we aren't complaining, we are very happy about it!

2. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    James, do you have any photos of the old repair garage at Classic Ferrari? Now that was a tight fit.

3. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne

Somewhere on a disc. I will try to look it up and post it here. I believe there is an old thread on here somewhere that I posted from several discs. It could be under Anotherdunnedeal or Audiguy. Classic Ferrari became Ferrari of Dallas after Giuseppe Risi bought it. Steve Smith and Mike Luongo were the two techs and Danny Piott was the parts manager. Danny is still at Boardwalk Ferrari. Mike went to Lamborghini and then on from there. Steve Smith immigrated north to wrench on a Challenge Team..........

4. Osiris_x11

Osiris_x11 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Is there an anticipated grand-opening celebration and/or party (w/ invite-RSVP)?

Thanks, in-advance.

5. Pogliaghi

Pogliaghi Karting

Jan 2, 2009
    Pflugerville
    I for one am really looking forward to a Ferrari dealer here in Austin. I wonder who is behind the business - any rumors? As a Maserati Merak owner (car under restoration) I hope Maserati will follow. The ex Auto Strada location is great, I used to go in there fairly regularly to look at the latest Lotus cars. Austin now has Aston Martin, Bentley, Lotus, Ferrari - wow who would have thought it 10 years ago.

6. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Risi has it AFAIK. Barrett has sold/services many of the cars in Austin so it makes perfect sense someone else got it.

7. Osiris_x11

Osiris_x11 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Roger Beasley Maserati will be a reality for the Austin area. Likewise for Roger Beasley Fisker.

It's also plausible to see some Rolls Royce presence perhaps around, w/ their new forthcoming Ghost sedan offering. Perhaps a BMW dealer principal would get dibs on that or even a satellite-store from Houston/Dallas w/ a showroom here in Austin?

Just talking out-loud, as seeing Aston Martin come to Austin was truly (pleasantly) surprising!

8. khayes

khayes Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Kelly Hayes
    #58 khayes, Dec 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I stopped by the new dealership this weekend to check it out. The guys that are opening it up (Kev and Mario) let me in and showed me around. It's a beautiful facility and it has a lot more room that I remembered. The shop area is large and nicely redone. Kev mentioned that he plans to have it open by Christmas.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. -FROG-

-FROG- Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 3, 2003
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Paul Daniels
    Cool! Any word on what kind of cars they want to toss out on the showroom first?

10. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    I stopped by today I saw a Nero F430 coupe, a Argento Nurburgring F430 Spider & a dark red 599 GTB. It actually looks just like my friend Wayne's Rosso Fiorano 599. I saw a few employees but they didn't look open yet so I didn't try to go in. I also noticed a very large poster mounted on the wall of what I think was a silver California. There was so much glare on the window I could tell for sure. It looks like they might just be days away from opening. I'll go back on Monday & check it out.

11. Jagbuff

Jagbuff Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Site of US F1 Race!
    Full Name:
    Franck
    Keep us posted - would love to see the facility!!

12. bizz

bizz Formula Junior

May 26, 2008
    Redwood City, CA
    Full Name:
    joe B
    This really pushes me back towards F-cars as my fave. May have to park the Lambo and get a 430...

13. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    Wow might go by there tonight just to peer in the windows.

14. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    #64 TexasMike, Dec 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I stopped by earlier today and talked to Kev. They aren't open yet but they are more than happy to show around any potential customers. All the legal paperwork is taken care of so the cars are currently for sale if anyone is interested. They just don't have all of their display items and boutique set up yet. They just put in some real nice red leather couches and a big LCD TV on the wall. It looks like it might make a good place to have a small F1 viewing party.

They now have a nice blue & Cuoio California. I just took a couple of quick photos with my Blackberry.

15. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    BTW, he said he thought the California is Azzurro.:rolleyes: I told him it wasn't and I thought it's TDF. I think they should hire me. ;)

16. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    The black F430 coupe is a 6 speed manual car with a challenge grill. It looks brand new.

The 599 GTB is also a 6 speed manual & it has solid tan Daytona seats.

The Argento Nurburgring F430 Spider has an all black interior with white or silver stitching & lots of carbon fiber. I noticed that it has the front & rear parking sensors.

The California is TDF, I believe. It has Cuoio interior with the rear seat option. Shields & front parking sensors.

17. Pcar928fan

Pcar928fan Formula 3

Jan 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I guess I am going to have to stop by soon to see how accessible things are in there... I bet they ARE NOT very wheelchair friendly...

18. Rice

Rice Rookie

Dec 13, 2009
    Austin, Texas
    James, come by the week after Christmas and I'll give you the GRANDE TOUR!

Beau Rice

19. David Seizer

David Seizer Karting

Jan 18, 2006
    A real Ferrari dealer, WOW! Austin will soon be a real city. You guys are drooling on the computer screen. Maybe you can buy a real model of a real Ferrari. Sorry, but you all sound like teenagers ogling through a toy store window. Maybe........

20. Got One

Got One Karting

Mar 7, 2006
    I agree Mike...they SHOULD hire you!!!

21. Jagbuff

Jagbuff Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Site of US F1 Race!
    Full Name:
    Franck
    The California is sold, the happy new owner was picking it up when I dropped for a quick peak around lunchtime.

Kev was very nice and hospitable, apparently it's a soft open with the official opening still in the works. The black 430 6 speed would make a very nice Christmas present... only 3000 miles!

22. Pcar928fan

Pcar928fan Formula 3

Jan 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I stopped by late in the day yesterday and just missed the Cali! Dang it! I REALLY wanted to see that car! I have not seen one in person yet.

There was a guy in there who drove up in a highly modified new Camaro (HPE 600 or something like that, it was supercharged) and was talking to Kev about an Enzo...had a pretty GF with him...would be cool to see another Enzo in Austin. I think we were over due on a dealership...any town with 3 Enzo's deserves their own dealer!

James

23. jdlegg

jdlegg Karting

Dec 22, 2009
    Bryan
    Full Name:
    James D
    I spent some time there today. Looking forward to their grand opening. Yes, the blue California's gone, but there's already a red one sitting on the floor awaiting a new home.

James

24. JulioF

JulioF Rookie

Dec 23, 2009
    I met Beau today. Seems like a solid, experienced professional. He's in sales at Ferrari of Austin.

Mario is involved on the service side.

Kev is the Manager of the dealership, and has done a wonderful job of building his team. What else would one expect but class and dignity from Mr. Risi and Ferrari?

25. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I stopped by there today (in Austin for a day on the way to Houston for Xmas), very nice little store, even if it was still a work in progress. There was a silver 430 spider on the floor that is right up my alley!

best wishes on their success :D