Ferrari of Austin - Here it comes! | FerrariChat

Ferrari of Austin - Here it comes!

Discussion in 'Texas' started by LiveFromNY, Jun 10, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LiveFromNY

LiveFromNY Karting

Sep 13, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Not sure if this has been posted yet but I have confirmation that a new dealership is set to open here in Austin. Can't post the details but the official announcement should be made shortly.

2. -FROG-

-FROG- Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 3, 2003
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Paul Daniels
    I'll take 2 red ones please...

Can anyone let me borrow some money? :D

3. jjsaustin

jjsaustin Formula Junior

May 11, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim
    JP,

That would be great! Do you know where is it going to be located?

BTW: You missed a great ride last a few weeks back. I was hoping to meet you and check out your 430.

-Jim

4. 11506apollo

11506apollo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2008
    Tx Co Ca
    David at Moorespeed migth know where it will be located.
    That would be great....

btw....first time here in the TX section. Normally I hang out in the 308/328/Mondial

I make money in Houston.....but spend it all here in Austin.
    Cheers.

BTW2....I will be in Spain two weekends from now on a quick biz trip...and just found out about a 25th celebration of the GTO same weekend..in Barcelona with over 60 Ferraris registered.
    I hope to bring back lots of pics, posters, etc.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=138705515&postcount=10098

5. khayes

khayes Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Kelly Hayes
    I think I recall David telling me about this a few months back. I think he said that it was going to be a satellite store for a TX dealer already in business elsewhere. It seems that he may have said that it would be sales but not service at this time. When I moved here in 1997 the population was only about 800,000 and I think I saw that it's now up to 1,200,000 people in and around Austin. I guess that if we are big enough to support a Bentley dealership then maybe we are big enough for a mini Ferrari store. I hope they locate it on the North side of town in the hills.

6. venomsnake21

venomsnake21 Rookie

Apr 12, 2009
    That will be awesome having a Ferrari dealership in Austin! I will really be excited to see it!

7. PaulC

PaulC Formula 3

Feb 11, 2003
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Paul

Old Lotus Shop on 183

8. -FROG-

-FROG- Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 3, 2003
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Paul Daniels
    Wasn't that over by Bone Daddy's?

9. LiveFromNY

LiveFromNY Karting

Sep 13, 2007
    Austin, TX
    I was told where is was located but, being new to Austin, it didn't register. I was told it was across from City Market? But I'm guessing there is more than one City Market?

I know they are moving into that bulding on a temporary basis while the build a new facility.

10. LiveFromNY

LiveFromNY Karting

Sep 13, 2007
    Austin, TX
    I heard. Last month has been crazed and haven't had time for much fun. But things are looking up and I hope to get out to a few events this summer.

11. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    That place looks horrible, so hopefully it will just be a temporary location. That whole lot needs to be demolished.

12. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    I've been here pretty much my whole life and that location doesn't register with me either.

13. drewcwsj

drewcwsj Rookie

Apr 7, 2007
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Drew Childress
    #13 drewcwsj, Jun 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  14. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    Yeah, I had forgotten about that. Last month a friend told me that Roger Beasley was getting a Maserati franchise but I thought he must have been mistaken. That's pretty cool! Austin is coming up in the car world. :D

Congrats! Nice car.

15. khayes

khayes Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Kelly Hayes
    The Roger Beasley Saab store that is next to the Audi store will become the Masserati dealership. They are getting rid of Saab. I think the Porsche dealership is going to remain where it is now. I'm farily certain that the Ferrari franchisee here will belong to someone else.

16. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Wonderful news!! :)

I agree with Mike about the old Lotus of Austin off of 183, the dealership is ugly, and looks run down.

So Pond Springs will have exotic car dealerships? Sounds like fun since it's not too far from me. Lovely how Austin is getting some more exotics. My friends dad didn't want to get a Ferrari because of taking it to the dealership, now we will see what his answer is now, once they reveal it's arrival.

17. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    Giuseppe Risi - FOH

18. Savoy6

Savoy6 Formula Junior

Jun 25, 2007
    Lago Vista, Tx
    Full Name:
    John
    i got a question. before because in austin you werent in any dealers area you could buy new from any dealer in the US right? now everybody here is locked in to buying from these cats. or am I mistaken.

19. TXB4Z

TXB4Z Karting

Feb 25, 2009
    Please tell me they're not going to the old 'Lotus store' aka Nelson Trucks and former home to many other used car dealers. That place is a dump and looks like a old gas station converted to a used car dealer on S. Congress.

20. TXB4Z

TXB4Z Karting

Feb 25, 2009
    I wouldn't say "everybody here is locked in to buying from there cats," you can buy a car damn near any where. I don't want to speak for every one else but as an enthusiast I'm exited to see a local Ferrari dealer. Austin is growing and expanding greatly and with that comes higher end luxury items offered locally among many other thing.

21. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    Austin's dealer is currently San Antonio. That's the only place we can buy a NEW Ferrari from? I assume that if the Austin dealer does open up, we would indeed have to order new cars from them.

22. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    In the Ferrari world you can only buy a NEW Ferrari from the dealer in your region. Used cars is a whole other story.

23. LiveFromNY

LiveFromNY Karting

Sep 13, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Truw. But LOTS of ways to get around that. Especially if you have a relationship with another dealer. I'm in Austin now but I'm going to order my 450 through my east coast dealer. Just have a comfort level there.

24. Pcar928fan

Pcar928fan Formula 3

Jan 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I heard that the Maser dealership was going to be in the OLD Saab location next to the Porsche dealership... With the changes in Saab these days it maybe it is completely going away from the R/B system...

Michael, I like the old Lotus location across from Central Market on Lamar personally. I think the exterior and interior of that building were pretty well done actually. There isn't any parking, but other than that I always liked the place.

25. jjsaustin

jjsaustin Formula Junior

May 11, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Any update on this new dealership?

Location?

Timeframe?