Ferrari Night at Euro Cars and Coffee - Calgary June 14, 2016 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Night at Euro Cars and Coffee - Calgary June 14, 2016

Discussion in 'Canada' started by 483hp, Jun 1, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 483hp

483hp Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 17, 2005
    www.fca.alberta.com
    #1 483hp, Jun 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Our very popular Euro Cars & Coffee on Tuesday evenings is going to get even better.

On June 14 in Calgary, we will have our second theme night and this time we are featuring Ferrari.

This is the big one! Our members are coming out in force! For Super Ferraris we have 3 F40's and 2 F50's confirmed so far!

Ferrari of Alberta will also be sponsoring that night, providing the hospitality and planning to bring some 488's for everyone to have a close look at! FoA will also be awarding a trophy for the greatest Ferrari enthusiast that night.

You don't want to miss this! And you have to be present to win the trophy!

If you are bringing a Ferrari on that night please let us know by emailing [email protected] and we'll make sure we have enough parking for all the Ferraris to be grouped together! We are expecting a great turnout and a massive crowd based on the response so far.

Past event pics: https://www.facebook.com/FCAAlberta/photos/?tab=albums
    FAQ and rules: Euro Coffee And Cars FAQ | FCA Alberta Chapter

Thanks!
    The Ferrari Club of America - Alberta Chapter
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. tr512

tr512 Formula 3

Apr 12, 2007
    canada burnaby bc
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Wow
    You have 3 F40 and 2 F50 in Alberta?...I don't think we have any in BC. The last F40 was wrecked a few years back.

3. 1turbobrick

1turbobrick Karting

Nov 29, 2011
    Calgary, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Dale W
    With all the exotic cars in Vancouver, I'd be really surprised if there were no F40s. We'll only have half of the F40s in Calgary out that night. They're not unicorns...

4. tr512

tr512 Formula 3

Apr 12, 2007
    canada burnaby bc
    Full Name:
    Michael
    A lot fewer exotic's in vancouver in the last year.Lots of guys cashed in and sold there car's to U.S buyers,I sold two myself.You can drive all day and not see a Ferrari or Lambo.

5. ffeverd

ffeverd F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    sounds like you hang out in wrong part of town.
    If anything, exotic and luxury car sales have only gone up in BC in the past few years. I've heard most of the Alberta guys are selling their toys.
    The only famous Vancouver car that went south last year was the white Veyron with orange interior; hideous spec anyway..

6. mkeenan14

mkeenan14 Rookie

Jan 6, 2016
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I did see a bright pink F12 in Vancouver. Close to the 4 seasons. I'll see if I can dig up a pic.

7. tr512

tr512 Formula 3

Apr 12, 2007
    canada burnaby bc
    Full Name:
    Michael
    No i don't hang around the wrong end of town.I'm talking about your average ferrari and lambo not so called famous cars.
    Two of my friends that own shops one that i work out of sometimes have seen a drop in customer base due to people selling.I remember every second car was a lambo in one shop.When we put on drives a few years ago we used to get 30 cars sometimes,just had one sunday 3 ferrari's and my lambo.So i know many people who have sold.We will see for the fathers day meet in north van this year how many cars show up..been going 15 yrs and i remember some years over 125 cars,now lucky to get 50.remember i'm talking ferrari and lambo not fiat's.I agree luxury sales may have gone up..but people are buying other brands.

8. ffeverd

ffeverd F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    That is true to some extent, but not to the degree of "drive all day and not see a Ferrari or Lambo", not in Downtown at least, hence I brought up the wrong part of town. Downtown is ridiculous, refer to British Columbia thread to see what I spotted two days ago..

As for the drives, just a few weeks ago Diamond Rally was held for the third (?) year, and a decent number of exotics showed up.
    See the video below
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDSr-WbL_uA

9. 483hp

483hp Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 17, 2005
    www.fca.alberta.com
    The weather is perfect for Ferrari Night tomorrow!

We are expecting a big turnout based on the RSVP's so far!!

If you have a Ferrari, please bring it! All Ferrari owners are welcome! Please RSVP via email to [email protected].

10. 483hp

483hp Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 17, 2005
    www.fca.alberta.com
    #10 483hp, Jun 14, 2016
  11. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
  12. Ferrari Nube

Ferrari Nube Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    British Columbia
    Agreed....there are many exotics around town. I know a fair number of owners who enjoy keeping "garage queens". As a matter of opinion or fact, I recently discussed this issue with a couple of the chaps at FMOV who stated that it seems that a higher number of owners are buying these exotics and stowing them away in their private collections. Also, with many newer/ late model sales, servicing is predominantly at dealerships due to the comprehensive warranty/ servicing plans on the newer cars....

As for myself...I proud to be an owner of a couple garage queens....LOL...

Cheers
    FN.

13. nismodrifter

nismodrifter Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2008
    YYC/YVR
    Full Name:
    Navdeep
    How was the event? Really wish I could have attended, out of town though. need pics!

14. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    #14 GordonC, Jun 15, 2016
  15. ffeverd

ffeverd F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005