Ferrari mechanics in West Virginia? | FerrariChat

Ferrari mechanics in West Virginia?

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by Gatorrari, Sep 11, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    In a couple of days, I intend to drive my 328 from Atlanta up to the FCA annual meet in Corning, NY. Although my mechanic is prepping the car and says that I should not worry, it is a 32-year-old Italian car with over 100,000 miles on it and I've never driven it this far before.

I would like to keep a file on recommended independent Ferrari mechanics that are fairly near to my chosen route. If anyone has any recommendations, please say so in the next day.

I was going to go up I-81 in Virginia but have altered my route because of the hurricane. My route thru your area will be up I-77 from I-81 to Beckley, then up US-19 and I-79 to Morgantown, then east on I-68.

2. Hocakes

Hocakes Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2010
    FL
    No idea for mechanics here, but the altitude change through southern VA & the southern part of WV on 77 will seriously alter the weather. Plan ahead: jacket, washer fluid, etc. Tolls on 77 in WV are $2 each (3 total but I don't think you will be hitting all 3) & the one in Beckley is 45¢, I believe. The Love's gas station on 77 near the southern border of VA has the cheapest gas by far.

You have my sympathies going to southern tier NY. Weather there will probably be craptastic too.

3. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Thanks for the information. As of now, they are predicting decent weather for the meet; I think they expect the storm remnants to pass to the south.

4. Hocakes

Hocakes Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2010
    FL
    It's not the hurricane. It's the crap weather in that part of NY in general.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I had seen footage of massive backups on the WV Turnpike south of Beckley due to construction. I thank the governor for calling off the construction because of hurricane evacuations. That helps me out as well!