Ferrari Mechanic In Marin | FerrariChat

Ferrari Mechanic In Marin

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by 2dinos, Jan 22, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 2dinos

2dinos F1 Rookie

Jan 13, 2007
    Looking for a mechanic who has a good touch with 80's Ferrari's. Sensitive to correctness, and function / performance. This car might go to a concours or the race track.

Thank you fellow F-chatters.

2. North bay tech

Apr 18, 2015
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Full Name:
    Josh Bare
    If your willing to go a little north to Petaluma I would love to be your guy. I'm a master Ferrari Tech that recently left the dealer to start my own shop, Bare European. PM me or look me up. Hope I can help you out. - Josh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. gavin

gavin Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Gavin
    Call Doug and John at San Francisco Motor Sports in san rafael . Gavin

4. LuxuryMotorsBA

Aug 13, 2019
    Dublin, CA
    Full Name:
    Lance Popal

Hi Doug, do you still work on Ferraris? I had something I wanted to see if you can look at... Thanks

5. S_AGATA

S_AGATA Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2016
    Mill Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Jon/Sean Sohaei
    Valtellina Automobili in Sonoma.
    If you're not willing to go to Sonoma PM me, I can always help you out.

6. LuxuryMotorsBA

Aug 13, 2019
    Dublin, CA
    Full Name:
    Lance Popal

Do you have experience in newer models?

7. S_AGATA

S_AGATA Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2016
    Mill Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Jon/Sean Sohaei
    Sorry for the late response, (mostly on Lamborghini Chat). Unfortunately we cater mostly to the older models. Valtellina does receive quite a bit of newer models however.

8. ScudMarks

ScudMarks Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2018
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Mauer
    Brian Brown at SF Motorsports worked for Ottis for a long time and has phenomenal experience in both older and newer Ferraris, and Jesse Westlake was factory trained all the way up to LaFerrari. They pay attention to all the little details and using correct hardware.

Il Tifoso likes this.
  9. bluesea

bluesea Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2005
    Surprised that no one has mentioned GMP in Novato.

10. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
    I just picked up my 550 Maranello from Jesse Westlake at San Francisco Motorsports. I took advantage of our present lockdown situation and had them do the full 30,000 mile service (timing belts) plus fixed a few things like the rear shocks (which after 21 years were shot) and all of the rear suspension bushings. They found a few things (battery, transmission mounts, engine mounts...again) and fixed them before they became an issue at an inconvenient time. Took the car to the smog station for me and had the car beautifully detailed to the point that it looks almost as good as the day I adopted my beautiful black mare 12 years and 26,000 miles ago. Jesse kept me advised of the progress of the work and communicated well throughout the process. The car came back to me on time and within budget. She's running better than ever and I couldn't be more pleased. This is the second time that they have performed this service for me and I expect to return in 5 years! In the meantime, support our local businesses like San Francisco Motorsports. They are open for business and ready to help you prepare your car for the time that we are all out and about and having fun again.

11. centerfireman

centerfireman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 23, 2015
    Roseville, CA
    I would second this recommendation for SF Motorsports. Jesse, Doug, etc have been caring for my 550 for five years and I have been extremely happy with the technical expertise and customer service that they provide.

Il Tifoso likes this.
  12. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Jesse, Doug and crew are great guys. I think Doug has moved on but not sure. Cheers!

13. doltond

doltond Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 24, 2008
    Sonoma and San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Douglas Dolton
    I'm still a part-owner of the service department - I just decided I didn't want to sell cars anymore!!! ; )

14. gavin

gavin Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Gavin
    I have been taking my 360 spider to SF motorsports for 9 years and will do so for the next 9 years. Great service and nice people talk to Jesse.