Ferrari Maserati of Silicon Valley | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Maserati of Silicon Valley

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by 4i2fly, Jan 21, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. erdero

erdero Karting

May 3, 2005
    Full Name:
    Eric
    i'm just trying to tell people about what's going on at the dealership in case they don't live in the bay area. i'm just excited about ferraris, and i love cars in general. i've spent 4 hours in the dealership in the last 2 weeks because of my love for cars. i'm just excited, and i think there is no reason to tell me to shut up. i'm just interested in ferraris, that's all.

2. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area

There is nothing wrong with drooling over Ferraris...I don't care how many I have seen or driven I still get excited when I see or even hear a Ferrari much less the rare ones like the F50s or the MC12 in the showroom...

Don't worry about Dan, he was just trying to meet his post quota for the day :D

3. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Matt, why do you hurt me so? I rather enjoyed my 6 month leave... :D

Eric: getting a hard on over a few cars is one thing, posting the *same* thing across 4 different topics is another. Somehow I'm pretty sure people are aware of what's going on.

You in HS in A-town?

--Dan

4. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Old man river, that old man river, He don’t say nothin’, but he must know somethin’

5. erdero

erdero Karting

May 3, 2005
    Full Name:
    Eric
    i only posted the same thing in TWO forums because i thought it was relavent to both, and i guess i was too "lazy" to retype it again. i totaly agree with 4i2fly, i am always excited to see a ferrari, and even have a few friends who own a few, including the head contractor for FoSV. i do go to high school, just not in atherton.

6. erdero

erdero Karting

May 3, 2005
    Full Name:
    Eric
    dropped in for about an hour today and met art. Really nice guy, and had some interesting stuff to say about the F50 GT. At 150 MPH, if he hits the gas too hard, it could go sideways. At 200+ MPH, the doors get sucked outward a little bit, due to the drag/suction/something. Totally awesome car.

7. crackajack

crackajack Rookie

May 15, 2005
    I would have to say that the new dealership has truly changed my life. I no longer think about homework or school only about going to the dealorship to look at cars ive seen three times already the same week. Its really amazing because no matter what im doing, in the back of my mind, im thinking about whats in the parking lot or what new cars are coming next week. Art is a cool guy erdero, quite the G. I was in there while he was showing a couple of his buddies arround today and it was sorta disheartening that these guys who didnt know what a suqeuantial gearbox was got to sit in the enzo while i simply sat back and drooled....his SL65 wasnt in the lot though.....i think he might also drive an old restored dodge....

8. crackajack

crackajack Rookie

May 15, 2005
    Stopped by the dealorship today, obviously it was closed, but i still looked arround. 3 or 4 360s in the service bay and much to my dismay the metallic blue 550 eric was talking about with the fat bling and cream interior. Im just in shock the move the challenge stradale out to make room for a blinged out BLUE 575.....one of the 360s was a Midnight blue spyder with peanutbutter leather....my personal favorite...

9. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area
    Does anyone know if FNA has any ownership interest in the dealership? I heard today that they might be part owner. If true this makes the 2nd factory owned dealership outside of Maranello.

10. Rosso

Rosso Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Not to my knowledge. If it was, I think that it would be the 3rd. Don't they have a take or ownership of a dealership in Europe (france, Pozzi? if I'm remembering correctly), then of course FoSF.

11. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    The Beverly Hills store is also owned by Ferrari.

12. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area
    That is news to me...last year during a meeting with FoSF they were adamant they were the only factory dealership...but that could've also meant FNA wholly owned and operated where as others are through private ownership/partnership.

13. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    However FOSF is set up, FOBH has the exact same arrangement/ownership. This is based on conversation with Brad a while ago. But I am sure things have not changed.

14. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    They have changed. FBH was bought out of Bankrupcty many years ago. When Giacamo was running FSF, they then sent him down to "save" FBH. Then they offered him a deal to buy the dealership outright, which he did, many years ago. So, yes, it was owned by FNA, but now, it is all G-man's.

15. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    He's Piero Ferrari's son in law. owns both Beverly Hills and this dealership. Ferrari of SF is wholly owned by Ferrari North America.

Art

16. crackajack

crackajack Rookie

May 15, 2005
    In case anyoen cares.......they got a Maserati Spyder 90th anniversary edition at FoSV.....most naked carbon fiber ive seen in person on a ferrari....really gorgeous car. Theyre going to make only 90 of them and FoSV has number 1/90 which is awesome...only 116k too!

17. erdero

erdero Karting

May 3, 2005
    Full Name:
    Eric
    yeah its gone now

18. crackajack

crackajack Rookie

May 15, 2005
    In fact it is. They've sold two of them thus far and plan to only recieve only one more in silver....or so Jason told me.

19. cal355

cal355 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2004
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Cal
    The 430 Spider Red/Tan/F1 is at FofSF.Saw it there today.Car belongs to FNA.It's already spoken for,but won't be sold until August,after Concorso in Monterey.