Ferrari LaFerrari - the next Special Limited Series | Page 29 | FerrariChat

Ferrari LaFerrari - the next Special Limited Series

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Peloton25, Mar 4, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. deppi0

deppi0 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Edmondo
    Have you guys watched the videos on the "dedicated" website? The car looks very different and even better then in the pictures IMO.

The sounds gives me goose pimples although I wish I could turn off that stupid music that goes with the video :-(

2. Tifosi15

Tifosi15 Formula 3

Jul 15, 2009
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    What's funny is that I always preferred the look of the MC12 to the Enzo as it was more racing inspired, hey, it has a whole hell of a lot more racing pedigree than the Enzo and was even faster on a certain German circuit, overheating dampers or not! But most don't like the MC12

3. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    Hum, charging the battery by moving the engine operating point to higher loads is standard hybrid car technology and actually the main point of them, kinetic energy recuperation is more or less a bonus when you look at the overall energies moved around. Am I missing something why you find it so spectacular with the new Ferrari?

4. Moopz

Moopz F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 29, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Sorry, I haven't been able to read the >700 posts made in this thread but has anyone asked how the front overhang is supposed to get up a driveway? Perhaps the car is only meant to be stored in hangars...

5. 250 lusso

250 lusso Karting

May 2, 2004
    Strange - I don't see a lot of 333SP. 312P definitely.

I actually think 4/5C's nose is prettier and works better with the overall shape of the car than the original. The round opening and larger headlights are an improvement IMHO. If you're going to make a modern P4, you might as well go all the way. There are a few things at the back of 4/5C which are also nicer.

I don't see much P4/5 in the LF, other than certain aspects of the greenhouse. The rest of the car is fresh. The proportions look sort of 458-ish in pictures but I bet they don't in real life.

I understand JC had a more "radical" design in mind for P4/5 originally. Has any of that concept art ever been made public? Would be really interesting I'm sure.

6. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Not to mention the carburettors...

7. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    2 things :

I dont see much 458 cues in it...

And who gives a f*** about the name?? I cant believe we have a bunch of grown up men (not teen girls) *****ing about the name of the last Ferrari. Call it the F150 or the F70 or whatever. The Daytona was never officially named Daytona..so it's ok to call it something else.

My opinion is that the car is fantastic. Absolutely gorgeous. I love it.
    The few things i dont love are the wheels size (could be +1 or maybe the car could be lowered..). And the black parts, esp the front lip. Maybe it would look better in red..but overall it's a homerun.
    The Interior is perfect. Much better than the Enzo which was very crude. This one is not over the top like a Pagani which looks like a rapper's mansion but is just simple and well made (From what i can see). It really is inviting you to go lap the car forever. I got that same feeling when i sat in a 599XX.

The specs are impressive even if i must say the Fiorano lap time isnt as impressive as i thought it would be (esp when comparing to an F12 or 458C time..).

Now, i need to hear it.

8. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    #708 ingegnere, Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Totally different, eh?

Anyway, beautiful car - not one surface wrong, I think - but unfortunate name.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. perrinnation

perrinnation Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2012
    The Detroit area
    Full Name:
    David
    Ron Dennis - "Blood hell that's GORGEOUS! Wonder if I can get on in orange?"

10. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    LaFerrari is on normal road tyres. Semis alone would account for a 2-3 sec difference, not to mention full slicks!

11. cridom60

cridom60 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2007
    France
    Full Name:
    dominique
    Sorry to tell you that your drawing was even better! more dynamic.

12. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
    Aside from perhaps the Porsche, all of the supercars are keepin' it at least a little real, know what I'm sayin' aaaaight? Though could be argued the Ferrari LaModeena, with more different shapes going more directions, actually aims its pistol even more sideways than the Pagani?

13. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Merci beaucoup, c’est bien apprécié.

14. PHOEN$X

PHOEN$X Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    #714 PHOEN$X, Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
    I was wondering what the bottom button in the center console in this photo is. Perhaps to raise the suspension (like the Aventador), or is that the button under the "start" button in the steering wheel? At any rate, it's definitely a first world problem. If you're a one percenter that can afford this, I'm sure you can afford to repave your driveway to accommodate this supercar. ;)

15. davide b

davide b Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2007
    montecarlo
    Full Name:
    davide
    No picture or Photoshop in solid red and full black?

16. Ripped Fat

Ripped Fat Karting

Oct 28, 2010
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

17. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Attention administrators: the forum jump tool does not work.

18. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    #718 Ryan S., Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
    Love it! I cant wait to feel the doors as they open. I love the feel of opening the Enzo doors.

Itd be cool to see some side by side shots of P 4/5 vs LFerrari. I think a tip of the hat does go to Jim for influencing this car at least a bit.

I also really like the interior.

Cant wait to see in person.

19. MITengineer

MITengineer Formula Junior

Feb 18, 2004
    Montana
    By a simple extension of that logic the ford f150 is bettar than the la fairy. The mclaren f1 only sold 107 cars, yet who would consider the f50 a better car? They're different customers, different preferences, different companies. I think each serves a need and different preference. I prefer the Mac, but couldn't fault anyone who thought subjectively the fairy was better. It's like arguing about your preference for a wife.

20. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    And drum brakes...

:rolleyes:
    :D

21. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    #721 Napolis, Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    In the real world and on The Ring this will be an issue. We really took this into consideration vs The Enzo.

22. i.gonz

i.gonz Rookie

Jan 14, 2013
    wow someone eyaculated inside the show car :eek:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

23. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    haha, yes you got very close. Well done!

24. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Chapeau. (Tip of the hat)

25. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

For those who have seen it in person . . . is the car wider in front than back? It looks dramatically so in the pictures. This would be interesting aerodynamically, especially with air under the car. (And I know that much of that air is driven out above the car through various outlets.

BTW, the best I have seen so far is the yellow.